My Blue Heaven- democratic policies are not hurting my state in spite of all the claims here and els

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I've been living in Washington state again now for almost two years and I have to say that the economy here seems to be quite strong, at least in the greater Seattle area. What's interesting is that Washington has a clear delineation between the predominately republican part (eastern Washington) and the mostly democratic western half of the state, and the economy and employment seem to be noticeably better over in the blue part of the state, though it doesn't seem to be terrible in the red half either.

I hear so many people on the internet claiming that Obama's and democrats' policies are destroying America, yet my state seems to be doing quite well overall, with one of the least effected and fastest recovering economies, while maintaining a beautiful environment and high quality of life for people. I think people should stop believing everything they hear (and read), especially when it comes to the never ending yet seldom documented criticisms of the President.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
There has been a few situations that while Mitt Romney was campaigning in a state, he started ranting about Obama hurting the states and economy, and later the Governor goes on CNN or FOX and refutes what he says, saying we have had solid growth etc.

They will say ANYTHING to get Obama out.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The economy is booming in my town. Employment is easy to come by and there are construction projects taking place all over the city - Lubbock, TX.

The biggest problem Lubbock has is violent crimes and a certain lunatic elected to County Judge who believes that UN troops will invade and enslave us all when Obama is re-elected.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well, I'll tell ya what. Obama doesn't run the states...for one. He's the executive of the Federal, and it's never ..and I mean literally never...been as bad as it is right now. The next 5 years get worse, and worse and worse.

Don't take my word for it though...

Budget of the United States Goverment

The numbers are all there. Every last one of them. You too can see how the mere interest payments on the national debt will exceed 600 billion dollars per year and in just a few short years....their own budget shows that. Or...how the debt level it self will hit 20 trillion by 2016 and 25 trillion early in the next decade. It's a growing beast....and that's just based on the rosiest projections of interest rates applied against principle they can come up with. Again though... Numbers are all there, and that is their own site....Their own reports. Some of those carry back to 1940. Some much further for comparison and context.

If someone gets through that and still figures we're doing fine. I'm just not sure what to say. The math speaks....and in this case, it screams like a school girl.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I'll see your Washington and raise you a California.

Your turn...

/TOA

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Hi. I live in Washington as well, and the economy isn't so bad. But.. I wouldn't call Washington "Liberal" perse .. their economic policies are actually very Conservative. One thing that really boosts Washingtons economy is that it has a very low tax rate, while neighboring states like Oregon and California have incredibly high taxes. Right now Washington is taking a lot of tech jobs from California, and businesses seeking a position in the North West can choose from the tax hostile ultra-progressive state of Oregon.. or the tax friendly state of Washington. I actually moved from Oregon to Washington for lower real estate prices and much lower taxes.

If you want a high light of failed Liberalism .. look at Oregon and California. Washington is just socially liberal and supportive of Unions. In all honesty, I'd say Washington is very Libertarian.
edit on 8/26/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

top topics

join