It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Neil Armstrong [1930-2012] did NOT see a UFO on his Apollo-11 mission

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Why are you attacking me about something I never claimed? I never said I believe an alien craft was reported. I was saying that even though in this case you are discussing there is nothing unusual, you shouldn't think there is so much transparency and perfection and that people don't keep some secrets to the grave including NASA astronauts and people. As for the current topic I said, I don't have sufficient knowledge to judge, though based on the many cases like this one I do not believe they saw alien craft, I am not a believer in seeing alien craft in space by astronauts.

Do you know why? Because if there has been ever alien visitation and that differs me from shallow skepticism to say with certainty 'No', most likely the cases of visitation may have been in ancient times or a few times in the 20th and 21st century. That means, I doubt that every time someone sees something in space is an alien aircraft, I was never believing those stories of motherships in space after seeing how many things in the Solar System are called motherships.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

Why are you attacking me about something I never claimed?

Thanks for clarifying -- sorry for my denseness.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Not really a surprise, but my third attempt to post the olther side of the story was also rejected. Strips out any pretense Greer may have had as to being honest, seems to me. Not as if there was much doubt. but here he is using a brave man's coffin as a rostrum from which to lie to his target audiencce. Despicableand laughable at the same time..

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by torsion
Steven Greer has also jumped on the dead astronaut's band wagon with Neil Armstrong’s UFO Secret that he posted on his blog two days ago.

He's re-spun the fake story, added himself to the mix, and thrown in a spicy dash of threats to murder children - all to deceive his gullible followers into handing over money. And if you look at the responses he's getting they're certainly falling for it!

I posted this note there. Let's see if it passes 'moderation'!

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

August 29, 2012 at 11:09 am
Interesting story at legacy.jefferson.kctcs.edu/observatory/apollo11
about one of the few amateurs who did manage to monitor Apollo-11 privately.

The author, C. Graney, points out: “I asked Baysinger whether he found anything that NASA edited out – comments about things going wrong, the astronauts being loose with their language, or exclamations about meeting aliens! He said no – absolutely everything was transmitted to the public on TV. In fact he said, ‘that was kind of disappointing’. Part of the idea of this project was to hear the unedited ‘real story’, and it turned out there was nothing edited out.”

I’ve written on the subject of “Apollo-11 myths” for many years, the chapter from my 1982 book is here:
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I am not sharing your shallow skepticism about everything. But whatever is stupid to claim is UFOs is stupid.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Greer, or course, has deleted every one of my messages without 'moderator approval'. How can the story of the Kentucky radio guy who listened to the moon walk and verified the official broadcasts get to Greer's victim-audience?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Come on Jim, you didn't really think he would allow that did you? Real facts would cut into revenue and adoration, well one would hope it would anyway.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Greer, or course, has deleted every one of my messages without 'moderator approval'.

I've just tried to post the following Dr Greer's blog:

isaackoi says:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
September 4, 2012 at 9:08 am
Jim Oberg has posted on the AboveTopSecret.com forum that several of his posts have been deleted from this page.
Is that true?
If so, why not let him post his comments here?
All the best, Isaac

I'll let you know if that post appears on the blog and if I get any response.

edit on 4-9-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I always laugh out loud when I see those HQ pictures of the LEM on the moon. What a rickety-looking piece of junk! Tape, tin foil, some panels of sheet metal . . . but it sure got the job done, especially for the Apollo 13 boys. How about that LEM?

Yeah, our boys landed on the moon, they didn't see the ruins of alien structures or UFOs, although Buzz does tease the possibility with his 3rd stage panel story, there.

Each and every one of those moonwalks was broadcast live in their entirety. I watched every damn one of them I could. I also saw every scifi/effects movie from the era. Nothing, not even 2001 had fx that could match the authentic events. Even today, you couldn't fake that, live as it's happening for hours on end. There is no way they were faked or that the missions had unambiguous UFO encounters. Frankly, it's idiotic people even debate the point.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFO Partisan
I always laugh out loud when I see those HQ pictures of the LEM on the moon.
The name was changed from LEM to LM:

Lunar Module

Over the course of its development, the name was officially changed to Lunar Module (LM), eliminating the word "excursion". According to George Low, Manager of the Apollo Spacecraft Program Office, this was because NASA was afraid that the word "excursion" might lend a frivolous note to Apollo.[5] After the name change from "LEM" to "LM", the pronunciation of the abbreviation did not change, as the habit became ingrained among engineers, the astronauts, and the media to universally pronounce "LM" as "lem" which is easier than saying the letters individually.
You might be the exception in watching every single moon landing, because what I heard was that many viewers were tuning out after watching a few of them. Didn't Apollo 12 lose the TV feed so there wasn't much to watch? But yeah the moon landing hoax theories sound pretty silly.

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
If that post appears I'll probably fall off my chair.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
If that post appears I'll probably fall off my chair.

Don't worry Arbitrageur, you can remain seated. My post is no longer visible even as an "awaiting moderation" post when I'm logged in on Dr Greer's blog. Mmm...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thanks Isaac. I didn't think there was much chance of that happening, but thanks for confirming they are as biased as I (we?) suspected.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
We should all get mr greer to take a lie detector test maybe some sodium penathol
That ought to get things out in the open.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Looks as if a NASA coverup is not a good explanation for the original moon landing videotapes being missing. ronrecord.com...

skeptics.stackexchange.com...

For one, audiovisual signals were relayed to Houston through two stations in Australia by non-NASA personnel not sworn to the secrecy and disinformation astronauts would have been. A number of people would have had to keep quiet all these years to suppress this.
edit on 13-12-2014 by CoriSCapnSkip because: Add another source.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join