No, Neil Armstrong [1930-2012] did NOT see a UFO on his Apollo-11 mission

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT
I can picture the scene on the Moon, Buzz and co see craft,mission control reminds them to stay quite and remember their briefing and signed national security data protection acts punishable with a massive fine or imprisonment or something worse. Lets take a step back and deal with the "IFs" of this subject;

I suggest that your own creative imagination is no evidence for anything in the real world.

Wasn't it Ed Mitchell himself who complained that NASA had been derelict in NEVER briefing them on any procedures for encountering aliens?

I have no problem believing Ed on this testimony -- why would you?

I also believe he is truthfully recounting UFO stories he heard from other people. Whether THEY were ever worth believing is a question we can't answer because Ed won't tell us who they were, even after they have died.

Heck, Ed won't even tell us what Gordon Cooper told HIM about Gordo's UFO experiences, when they served together in 1968-9 on the Apollo-10 backup crew. Who -- or what -- is he protecting?

But focus on the theme here: evidence for Apollo-11 UFO encounters.

Outside of your powerful imagination, so far, here in cold, cruel reality, the answer is zilch.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

I can picture the scene on the Moon, Buzz and co see craft,mission control reminds them to stay quite and remember their briefing and signed national security data protection acts punishable with a massive fine or imprisonment or something worse. Lets take a step back and deal with the "IFs" of this subject;

I suggest that your own creative imagination is no evidence for anything in the real world.

Wasn't it Ed Mitchell himself who complained that NASA had been derelict in NEVER briefing them on any procedures for encountering aliens?

I have no problem believing Ed on this testimony -- why would you?

I also believe he is truthfully recounting UFO stories he heard from other people. Whether THEY were ever worth believing is a question we can't answer because Ed won't tell us who they were, even after they have died.

Heck, Ed won't even tell us what Gordon Cooper told HIM about Gordo's UFO experiences, when they served together in 1968-9 on the Apollo-10 backup crew. Who -- or what -- is he protecting?

But focus on the theme here: evidence for Apollo-11 UFO encounters.

Outside of your powerful imagination, so far, here in cold, cruel reality, the answer is zilch.

Point one ,i never claimed that my imagination was EVIDENCE for anything thing did i , no that's right i was merely suggesting a metaphor for a situation that could have happened.You have totally missed my point of that post i made,lets remind ourselves of it and see if a second time around we can perceive the problematic nature of such rumours that are connected to the "official " denial of the ET origins of some UFOs or by those who sometimes come out with evidence or even slip up.

First i will ask you WHY the attitude in your response to me , WHY the abrasiveness??I may not have the academical standings of yourself but please credit me with OWN intuition and abilities like everyone else to come to my own judgements on things that i feel are possible regardless of others formates of evidence.

My OP was never about me claiming or providing evidence for UFOs witnessed by the Apollo astronauts it was you who decided to start a thread on this topic and it was you who was making a bit of a song and dance about no evidence for UFOs being witnessed.by these astronauts. Did i or did i not "suggest" a "possibility" , i never presented my imagination as evidence of UFOs on the moon, my imagination or "picture the scene" was intended as a metaphor of the question of was there a briefing to all Apollo personnel and would it have been effective in a total black out of any evidence emanating from live tv feeds,radio communication's or utterances by the astronauts themselves "IF" off world manifestations did happen in any kind of formates.

Put it this way would any astronaut or anyone else for that matter who was privy to any witnessed or information that was regarded as evidence to off world intelligences on the moon or in orbit ever come forward??.No was my answer to that question, too much to loose and why is that regarded by you as non compatible or zilch ?why is that possibility regarded by you as NOT POSSIBLE??

Remember that this landing was live to the world and i for one could IMAGINE a scenario, yes imagine ,not produce as evidence where IF off world intelligences suddenly came on the scene then a black out would have came into effect, that is evident and factual and i am sure you would agree on this scenario too. Remember too that we are being asked to take the word of those NASA personnel who were most likely sternly warned or briefed before hand to remain silent or deny any witnessed unknown anomalies , that is the reality here and my original point i was making, my imagination ,as it was just that ,was not presented or never was intended as evidence. as your terminology you used in your reply to my OP was trying to convene.

Again IF no briefing was issued or carried out or if it was would the silence have been adopted regardless of if UFOs where on the moon or NOT. What every way you look at it denial and silence would have prevailed regardless of briefings or UFO s being witnessed.
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Put it this way would any astronaut or anyone else for that matter who was privy to any witnessed or information that was regarded as evidence to off world intelligences on the moon or in orbit ever come forward??.No was my answer to that question, too much to loose and why is that regarded by you as non compatible or zilch ?why is that possibility regarded by you as NOT POSSIBLE??

Aside from all the hundreds of people directly involved, there's this: Ed Mitchell and Gordon Cooper were right there on the astronaut team involved in moon landing training and operations. There's no way that THEY would have spent the next few decades of their lives lying about it. I've always believed they have been utterly truthful in recounting their memories, the closer to the events the better although time and aging did later have their effects.

Aren't you basically arguing that the utter ABSENCE of any evidence for your imagined scenario could be considered PROOF it happened because the coverup was so effective?

But how about these claimed radio intercepts? What evidence is there that they were anything but the imaginations -- surely you can relate to that concept -- of writers such as Binder and Pepper?

Don't lecture me about abrasiveness. You're the one prmoting the idea that some very brave and decent human beings -- some of whom I've known for decades -- are the greatest falsifiers and misleaders in human history -- all to please your own ego, perhaps. They aren't here to debunk the smears, so I will.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Search engines don't seem to help -- they reward mindless repetitions of the same original stories. I'm really open to creative suggestions here on how to make my presence redundent [a blessing that many on the threads may fervently desire!].

I am with you...but wow. Taking on this giant imaginary landscape we call the internet seems like a monumental task. It's as if it has taken on its own reality. For me its more facinating then being visted by ET. Redundent Jims...I don't think there is any "creative" way to do this...just repeat, repeat, repeat...good solid information is just that and should stand on its own.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Aside from all the hundreds of people directly involved, there's this: Ed Mitchell and Gordon Cooper were right there on the astronaut team involved in moon landing training and operations. There's no way that THEY would have spent the next few decades of their lives lying about it. I've always believed they have been utterly truthful in recounting their memories, the closer to the events the better although time and aging did later have their effects.

Aren't you basically arguing that the utter ABSENCE of any evidence for your imagined scenario could be considered PROOF it happened because the coverup was so effective?

But how about these claimed radio intercepts? What evidence is there that they were anything but the imaginations -- surely you can relate to that concept -- of writers such as Binder and Pepper?

Don't lecture me about abrasiveness. You're the one prmoting the idea that some very brave and decent human beings -- some of whom I've known for decades -- are the greatest falsifiers and misleaders in human history -- all to please your own ego, perhaps. They aren't here to debunk the smears, so I will.

Show me were i was promoting the idea dea that some very brave and decent human beings are the greatest falsifiers and misleaders in human history ??You have again turned my words around to make look like i am disrespecting them,that is utter nonsense and you should be ashamed you have went down that avenue and deliberately accused me of that, for someone who is academical that is a real shame.You seem to think that abrasiveness is a justified and fair manner in which to debate to treat someone on a public forum because they differ in opinion, i take it the rules of "decorum and manners" in the UFO section ect are set aside for you???

Again for a third time in explaining my point right from my OP that was "IF" something was encountered on the moon or in orbit would it have been kept silent regardless of any national security briefing to ALL concerned with the APOLLO programmes.Now tell me what it is that you have for the third time had difficulty in forming any kind of differentiation on my points below that i clearly said in my OP, which was , imagination is NOT accusing or disrespecting anyone or promoting evidence of anything ,it is in fact a birth right we all are entitled to is it not, no disrespect was ever intended towards any Apollo astronaut , in fact they have my sympathy if they did encounter anything and having to remain silent for the rest of their lives due to the magnitude of it all.

Lets say something did happen on the moon or in orbit, lets imagine that you and me decided that under no circumstances would we EVER divulge any thing to anyone including very close family and friends out of fear of breaking any security oaths or if none taken then the risk of the back lash and probable character assassinations manipulated the the media ect. In fact the backlashes of going public about anything of this nature is self severing in it creates its own defensive agendas in that the weight of the media and those PAB who have at their disposal so much weight and power when it comes destroying some ones credibility , that is the the power of character assassination , one only has to look at the attempts on Dr James E MacDonald who exposed the "inadequate scientific methods" employed in the official investigation's into the UFO situation in regard to the data he look at from the files of project blue book .also Hyneks "blue books unknowns" are also worth noting on who easily situations can be made to look as nothing out of the ordinary.

1;My OP dealt with MY IMAGINATION as a METAPHOR for a possible situation where something was encountered and all concerned stayed silent due to national security laws or oaths they took.That is in NO way accusing anyone of anything in a dis-respectable way ,in fact i would not have blamed anyone for staying silent "IF" something was encountered or seen.

2; That no matter if there was an oath taking or not silence still would have prevailed because of the extreme nature of the events that unfolded , would you have stayed silent regardless of you took an oath or not,would you have taken the risk that for speaking out your life would possibly have been one of ridicule, character assassination and misery.

I have no agenda of ego here, i merely was pointing out possibilities that people can and have remained silent to close friends and family for their protection and of those they love and respect., that was the reality of my imagination not the cold , lonely hard place you so abrasively suggested. Look at the abuse ED and BUZZ have had to face from all those moon hoax believers, of which i am not one, we went to the moon.
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: decorum and manners.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Coverup! UFOGeek has deleted my earlier message denouncing these stories as moronic hoaxes.

www.youtube.com...
"You have been blocked by the owner of this video."

If any other posters feel like visiting that youtube site and complaining, please do so.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Steven Greer has also jumped on the dead astronaut's band wagon with Neil Armstrong’s UFO Secret that he posted on his blog two days ago.

He's re-spun the fake story, added himself to the mix, and thrown in a spicy dash of threats to murder children - all to deceive his gullible followers into handing over money. And if you look at the responses he's getting they're certainly falling for it!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Over on youtube, UFOgeek [from Pueblo, colorado] has several posts regarding secret mon transmissions, such as
www.youtube.com...
and
www.youtube.com...

BUT the pearl in all the BS is his link to a story about a guy in Kentucky who DID monitor the Apollo-11 voice, as reported here:
legacy.jefferson.kctcs.edu/observatory/apollo11

The author of that article, one "C. Graney", makes this extraordinary assertion, that UFOgeek and all similar buufs can't seem to understand:

: “I asked Baysinger whether he found anything that NASA edited out – comments about things going wrong, the astronauts being loose with their language, or exclamations about meeting aliens! He said no – absolutely everything was transmitted to the public on TV. In fact he said, “that was kind of disappointing”. Part of the idea of this project was to hear the unedited “real story”, and it turned out there was nothing edited out.”

QED from their OWN citations.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

He was blathering that BS back in 2006 >> have a listen with a right-click - save as.

It's a funny show in the way he gets to call SETI liars and then move on to call Neil Armstrong a liar and portray NASA as no better than gangsters. Crazy like a fox.

People see Armstrong's privacy as *suspicious* and yet look at what the guy had to live with? A qualified scientist and family man of good repute being miscast as a cowardly liar. And by who? An immoral liar who repeatedly stands on the deaths of others to further promote himself as someone important. He's used the deaths of friends, colleagues and now Armstrong. I'm not saying there's a screw loose, but if he nods his head, it might sound like church bells.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
Steven Greer has also jumped on the dead astronaut's band wagon with Neil Armstrong’s UFO Secret that he posted on his blog two days ago.

He's re-spun the fake story, added himself to the mix, and thrown in a spicy dash of threats to murder children - all to deceive his gullible followers into handing over money. And if you look at the responses he's getting they're certainly falling for it!

I wouldn't call some of the greatest men in uniform gullible ! There really are some great men that testified in the disclosure project. Just like Neil, he deservers respect but at least Edgar M. is coming out of the closet about ufos. Rome was not built in a day. There is a terrible problem with oil and it's awful impact on the environment and the faster we understand how to rectify the problem the better.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I posted this note there. Let's see if it passes 'moderation'!

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

August 29, 2012 at 11:09 am
Interesting story at legacy.jefferson.kctcs.edu/observatory/apollo11
about one of the few amateurs who did manage to monitor Apollo-11 privately.

The author, C. Graney, points out: “I asked Baysinger whether he found anything that NASA edited out – comments about things going wrong, the astronauts being loose with their language, or exclamations about meeting aliens! He said no – absolutely everything was transmitted to the public on TV. In fact he said, ‘that was kind of disappointing’. Part of the idea of this project was to hear the unedited ‘real story’, and it turned out there was nothing edited out.”

I’ve written on the subject of “Apollo-11 myths” for many years, the chapter from my 1982 book is here:
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Well, it's been eight hours since I submitted my message, awaiting "moderator approval" -- and messages much newer have been approved and posted. Greer is obviously too much of a wuss [and a falsifier] to allow his target audience to even SEE disputing evidence. Shocker.

Anybody else care to go over to his site and post messages about his cowardly censorship?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You're on his *briefed* list now.

X-Con 2013 - Greer to audience: "Even James Oberg has recently sought our advice relating to private doubts about the veracity of Neil Armstrong's claims. God bless Neil's soul, he was an honest man at heart and said what he thought best for his family. He often confided in me that...etc"

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Neil Armstrong could have kept some secret knowledge but like most people die with the secrets. Can't blame him.. some people prefer to not cause trouble to themselves or their families...
No, I am not talking about aliens or UFOs, it could be secret about secret space programs, or others. Astronauts like others in the field are not to tell you everything - there are things that shouldn't go public, that's how Life works. But i am speculating, what where and who and if at all, I dont know

- an example is the inventor of the of the Stealth who said something about having met alien beings before he died (obviously had nothing to lose) ... This was an excellent EXPERIMENT - an experiment that shows that even if someone knew something, whenever you say 'I don't see it, therefore it is not' - no one will believe it,. think logically... no one would believe even if you knew something others not, All expect spaceships to appear above the main cities V-style as the only proof.

I am commenting on how you cannot know at all what a person knows and what he doesn't as is the case with Armstrong - I am not arguing about the specific case described, as I don't have the sufficient knowledge of the case to form a valid opinion.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Neil Armstrong could have kept some secret knowledge but like most people die with the secrets. Can't blame him.. some people prefer to not cause trouble to themselves or their families...
No, I am not talking about aliens or UFOs, it could be secret about secret space programs, or others. Astronauts like others in the field are not to tell you everything - there are things that shouldn't go public, that's how Life works. But i am speculating, what where and who and if at all, I dont know

- an example is the inventor of the of the Stealth who said something about having met alien beings before he died (obviously had nothing to lose) ... This was an excellent EXPERIMENT - an experiment that shows that even if someone knew something, whenever you say 'I don't see it, therefore it is not' - no one will believe it,. think logically... no one would believe even if you knew something others not, All expect spaceships to appear above the main cities V-style as the only proof.

I am commenting on how you cannot know at all what a person knows and what he doesn't as is the case with Armstrong

Don't act so passively helpless.

The claim is made that amateur radio listeners -- and 'NASA insiders' -- HEARD Armstrong on radio refer to UFOs on the Moon.

My investigation, culminating in the story of the Kentucky man who heard the entire moonwalk, is that ALL those stories are 100% bogus. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

Your investigative approach appears to be to stick your head in the ground and whine, "We'll never know either way for sure."

Am I misundertsanding or misrepresenting you?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well, I don't know about Neil, but Buzz Aldrin sure makes some interesting claims about apollo11 ( Including a UFO sighting)

And if Buzz Aldrin is talking about this mysterious craft floating out in space that he saw during Apollo 11, chances are Neil saw it and Michael Collins too. Now, I am not saying they saw an Alien space craft, but they DID see something.
edit on 29-8-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Which of the 'every single one' is bogus? If you are talking about all the cases of 'UFOs seen in space or in orbit' I can agree because a lot of objects in space can look like flying orbs and unless they do something much more intelligent than seen floating, no one can call them 'aircraft'

Or is it the stories told by the creator of Stealth (forgot his name) and such? Sure, I do not trust nearly all if any.

But here is the thing, you cannot know what a person knows, what a person doesn't, how much of truth he is telling and how much he isn't. I am sure you have mistakes in your research too to think people never kept anything for themselves.. Even Armstrong throughout his career may be knowing things you have not the slightest clue about..

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Well, I don't know about Neil, but Buzz Aldrin sure makes some interesting claims about apollo11 ( Including a UFO sighting)

It certainly could be intepreted that way. But how do you know the editor didn't select and omit comments to give a false impression?

And if Buzz Aldrin is talking about this mysterious craft floating out in space that he saw during Apollo 11, chances are Neil saw it and Michael Collins too.

That's a mighty, MIGHTY big 'if'.

Now, I am not saying they saw an Alien space craft, but they DID see something.

No dispute there.

The question is, YOU as the target audience, were YOU allowed to see enough of the astronaut's testimony to reach a correct interpretation, or were you conned by a TV program with an agenda?

Do you think that's possible?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

Which of the 'every single one' is bogus? If you are talking about all the cases of 'UFOs seen in space or in orbit' I can agree because a lot of objects in space can look like flying orbs and unless they do something much more intelligent than seen floating, no one can call them 'aircraft'

Or is it the stories told by the creator of Stealth (forgot his name) and such? Sure, I do not trust nearly all if any.

But here is the thing, you cannot know what a person knows, what a person doesn't, how much of truth he is telling and how much he isn't. I am sure you have mistakes in your research too to think people never kept anything for themselves.. Even Armstrong throughout his career may be knowing things you have not the slightest clue about..

You're weaving, dodging, and evading, Imtor. We're talking about claims that there exists credible evidence that the Apollo-11 crew radioed back to Earth reports of non-human spacecraft near them.

Not other missions, not other astronauts, not other 'secrets'.

The story under discussion.

Where's the evidence? There isn't any.

Where's the evidence it NEVER happened?

It's all over the place.

Why can't you face it and make a judgment as to the credibility -- or lack of same -- of the 'UFO story?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

So you re-post the same type shameful media manipulation that was already posted and completely ignored my reply to it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What's up with that? Did you watch the Larry King version where they didn't edit out his explanation?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join