It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Neil Armstrong [1930-2012] did NOT see a UFO on his Apollo-11 mission

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well, that's my story and I'm sticking with it:

Nine myths about Neil Armstrong
Much of what was reported is accurate, and much is wrong — some is just plain silly

www.msnbc.msn.com...

By James Oberg NBC News space analyst
Special to MSNBC
updated 8/25/2012 5:16:00 PM ET

edit on 25-8-2012 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Well - better tell that to Timothy Good so he can retract that from his famous book "ABOVE TOP SECRET"

Timothy Good writes that HAM radio operators receiving the VHF signals directly picked up the following message which was screened by NASA from the public. Mission Control: What's there ? Mission Control calling Apollo 11. Apollo 11: These babies are huge, sir ... enormous....Oh, God, you wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there are other space craft out there... lined up on the far side of the crater edge... they're on the moon watching us.

link...

He saw something - the guy (may he RIP) shut down and turned virtual hermit upon returning to Earth - why??
IMO:-
1. He saw something and was told to shut up or else.
2. He never went there and was told to shut-up or else.

Fact: He shut up - amazing stuff considering the event in question don't you think - no fortune?

ETA: I have read your link and will argue this point until the cows come home and lets not argue about one mans "proof" verses anothers - if undeniable evidence was available then you and I would not be having this conversation now would we but the rumors persist 50+ years later??

Watch this interview with Buzz and tell me he's not hiding something? (Astronauts gone wild)

edit on 25-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Nine myths about Neil Armstrong
Much of what was reported is accurate, and much is wrong — some is just plain silly

www.msnbc.msn.com...

By James Oberg NBC News space analyst
Special to MSNBC
updated 8/25/2012 5:16:00 PM ET

edit on 25-8-2012 by JimOberg because: typo

He did not see his Apollo 11 mission. Full Stop.

Stop The Rot.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCadet69

Armstrong isnt dead , he`s an ayrian , they dont die. Probably on mars or something.

Come on Pal - a bit of respect please.

Lets keep the discourse civil.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I don't know , I think he handled himself pretty well.

If you went to the moon and someone is accusing you of being a liar to the world and wants to capture a video to sell his documentary how would you react. I think He kept his cool and tried to be pretty rational with the guy despite the guy calling him a liar to his face.

Just because he was an Astronaut it doesn't mean he has the answers to everything , and he knows if he doesn't say the right thing it can be construed or used against him. So I can understand his hesitation to be put on the spot to analyze something.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Is there any recordings of the following footage?

Timothy Good writes that HAM radio operators receiving the VHF signals directly picked up the following message which was screened by NASA from the public. Mission Control: What's there ? Mission Control calling Apollo 11. Apollo 11: These babies are huge, sir ... enormous....Oh, God, you wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there are other space craft out there... lined up on the far side of the crater edge... they're on the moon watching us.

I would find it odd that with such a HUGE following and such a grand world event that no one bothered to record the communication transmissions? Or is there a recording, just curious ?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

I will try and track it down (YT vid) but the guy interviews 7 astronauts and all refuse to answer his question upon swearing on the bible and on camera - I smell a rat.

One maybe - but all 7?

I am in doubt on the "official story" and remain suspicious until convinced otherwise.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42

Is there any recordings of the following footage?

I would find it odd that with such a HUGE following and such a grand world event that no one bothered to record the communication transmissions? Or is there a recording, just curious ?

None that I can immediately find - its all heresey on both sides of the argument - no recordings from those who "didn't" hear that conversation either - just comments. If I recall correctly there was a break in transmission that had nothing to do with signal degredation or final approach operations that raised eyebrows at the time.

Good does go into a bit more detail about the incident - unfortunately I do not have the book with me (I am at sea at present) to expand on this.

edit on 26-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Armstrong isnt dead , he`s an ayrian , they dont die. Probably on mars or something.

Respect ? because he`s supposed to have gone to the moon ?

I have never respected and will never respect anyone who lies , armstrong was a liar of the highest degree , good riddance.

Now you can "bet your bottom dollar" that there`s going to be a national holiday in his name or some B.S like that , and there`ll be millions of american sheep walking around in a bad mood today because a plastic "hero" has died , crying and waving flags like ultra sheeple.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
What reason would he have not to divulge personal information? The goverment were never going to harm him as he was/is very high profile, so if he defied their 'will' so to speak, and came out saying 'Yes, we saw a UFO and yes we have no explanation' he would be untouchable as any goverment harrasment/shenanigans the public would pick up on.. So I would assume he either saw nothing/Was sworn to secrecy/Didnt feel the public was ready to accept ET
edit on 26-8-2012 by therovers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

reply to post by interupt42

I will try and track it down (YT vid) but the guy interviews 7 astronauts and all refuse to answer his question upon swearing on the bible and on camera - I smell a rat.

One maybe - but all 7?

I am in doubt on the "official story" and remain suspicious until convinced otherwise.

I'm not surprised with much when it comes to money, corporations or gov't , so I always keep a doubt in back of my mind and remain suspicious of any reports.In addition, I can definitely see motives as to why they would fake a moon landing , but that doesn't mean they did.

However, in that video I didn't see anything suspicious about his reaction. On the other hand I haven't seen or come across anything that has proved without a doubt that the moon landing was faked. Hopefully one day we will get proof to put this to rest either way.

Assuming that gov't conflicts aren't manufactured or virtual conflicts, I always wondered if Russia or China ever set out to confirm that the USA never landed on the moon? Also the USA would have to have some big cohones to try to fake such a world event and hope that no one including the Russians would ever try to land on the moon and verify it was a lie.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCadet69

Respect ? because he`s supposed to have gone to the moon ?

No - because its bad Karma to disrespect the deceased (Armstrong isnt dead , he`s an ayrian)

Whether he lied and for what reasons is certainly debatable - of that I do not have an issue.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by therovers
What reason would he have not to divulge personal information? The goverment were never going to harm him as he was/is very high profile, so if he defied their 'will' so to speak, and came out saying 'Yes, we saw a UFO and yes we have no explanation' he would be untouchable as any goverment harrasment/shenanigans the public would pick up on.. So I would assume he either saw nothing/Was sworn to secrecy/Didnt feel the public was ready to accept ET
edit on 26-8-2012 by therovers because: (no reason given)

I'm not saying that he did, but I can see where they not only threaten him but his family as well to keep him quite if they wanted. Or even use ridicule among his pears. This is all speculations but there have been many high profile members killed even presidents. Imagine if the MIB came to your house and say here are some pictures and proof on how we killed JFK, MLK, and .got away with it. We suggest you cooperate.

Then there is also the possibility that perhaps he did see aliens and for what ever reason it was in our best interest for us to not be made aware of them.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by therovers
The goverment were never going to harm him as he was/is very high profile, so if he defied their 'will' so to speak, and came out saying 'Yes, we saw a UFO and yes we have no explanation' he would be untouchable...

Do you believe they have ways of taking people out without it looking like an out & out assassination? I do. "Heart attack" shot or slower death "Cancer injection," etc. Certainly not implying they did! Just asking you to look at your that tenant of your post from another angle, is all.

Side note: I cannot stomach mainstream TV news anymore- bad actors (aka reporters & guests) who don't make their "storyline" AT ALL convincing. It is clear to me their plot is to shape public opinion, not share news, events and clarify truth.

This situation is just one more example, IMO. They waited 'til the dude died to negate that he said/believed things regarding UFO's, and he's not even here to answer back. Way-ta-play it, MSNBC-- shape that history! (1984, anybody?).

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Myth: Armstrong observed UFOs on the way to the moon, and again once he was down on the surface.

Fact: Most Apollo crews on the way to the moon noticed flashing lights "pacing" them, which turned out to be segments of their Saturn 5 launch vehicle, and especially the four panels of the "LM garage," which got jettisoned soon after launch.
Buzz Aldrin said he was 99.999% sure it was one of the panels, but the way some documentaries edited his commentary, they made it seem like he had no idea what it was. That was some pretty shameful media manipulation.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

reply to post by JimOberg

Well - better tell that to Timothy Good so he can retract that from his famous book "ABOVE TOP SECRET"

link...

That image is from Apollo 12

AS12-49-7319

Al took this picture of Pete from the north during a stop at the south rim of Surveyor Crater. Note the large blocks that have been dug up by the small impact at Pete's right. The Hand Tool Carrier (HTC) is forward of his left foot. He is holding a scoop in his right hand and the gnomon is on the ground in front of his right foot.

link - www.hq.nasa.gov...
link - archive.org...

edit on 26-8-2012 by easynow because: fix image link

edit on 26/8/2012 by ArMaP because: as requested, to point to the right photo

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Ah.....OK I'll accept that. Image taken from my link in original post.

Someone at that site is playing games it seems?

Remainder of text info does appear to co-relate to Timothy Goods book though.

My apologies for the misrepresentation there - thanks.
edit on 26-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Too bad he went to his grave with many secrets and lies.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

None that I can immediately find - its all heresey on both sides of the argument - no recordings from those who "didn't" hear that conversation either - just comments.

How can anyone present a recording of what they did not hear?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join