It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia rejects permanent US military presence - welcomes long term relationship with China.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
People on ATS are like zombies,
"America bad, China Good, America Bad, China Good"

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
People on ATS are like zombies,
"America bad, China Good, America Bad, China Good"

You do understand that this is the way we are being programmed.
we are seeing China as being a stable force and seeing the US in an ever increasing role as world police, we saw what happened in Libya and watching Syria, China and Russia are looking to be keeping their cool while it appears the US is pressing for war.
Now tell me honestly, who is the media making look like the aggressor and who is being made look like the voice of reason?

This is not by accident, this is so people willingly accept a new UN world police being mainly made up of Chinese as being our newest saviors.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Hype hype and more hype.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

This is good news. I and literally everyone I know is concerned about America increasing their presence in Australia whilst making enemies out of the rest of the world. I don't like the idea of being dragged into more conflicts by the US, and a permanent military presence here would do just that. We're a small nation but we're also an independent "first-world" nation; we shouldn't have to bow down to America's wishes just because they're a superpower. Good to see our usually-incompetent leaders are at least holding on to some of their dignity and listening to what we the Australian People want in this regard. Australia hasn't made a big habit of saying No to America and it's past time that we started.

Note: I have plenty of American friends and I'm fond of America, but the American War Machine can f#ck off as far as I'm concerned.

edit on 27/8/2012 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
American needs China just as much, if not more so than Australia - don't believe me? Well that doesn't matter - the IMF and the holders of the American purse strings are believers and are desperate to ensure Chinas continued economic success.

This was on the Drudge Report today - its an article by Financial Times columnist Niall Ferguson that has drawn sharp criticism over:-

a graph showing that the International Monetary Fund predicts that, on current trends, China will overtake the US to have the world’s largest economy in 2017.

It then goes on to say:-

Indeed, US business and the US economy desperately need China to keep growing. Mr Obama need not be embarrassed when China’s economy overtakes that of the US; but he should lose a lot of sleep over any suggestion that China might fail to do so. On that basis, China should be causing sleepless nights in the White House. The latest flash estimates for China’s purchasing manager data, designed so that 50 should be the dividing line between expansion and recession, are now at a nine-month low of 47.8.

So, it seems that the US see's Chinas economic rise as vital in the US maintaining their current world standing.

The upshot for the US is clear. Everyone needs to be offering up a prayer that China does indeed overtake the US on schedule, three years from now. That would help Americans grow richer.

FT........

Lets try not to turn this into anymore America bashing as such, if you reread the OP my stance is clear - clean up your own backyard does not mean pulling out of strong existing and mutually agreed ties - it means get out of those countries where you are clearly not (politically) welcome - period!

Anyone with a military background knows damn well that the Military ties between the US & Australia run very deep for a number of different reasons and Carr saying no more permanent bases is one thing but Pine Gap and NW Cape for instance, remain in full force and will do so into the foreseeable future.

Change is part of economic growth - Australia's embrace of China is an economic one - we have no desire to forge military ties with them.

Whether we like it or not we are better off with American Military support - even if it is only logistics - "better the devil you know than the devil you don't"

edit on 27-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Everyone seems to be forgetting the US military base being set up in Darwin even as we speak. A quick google search will reveal dozens of links verifying this, so I will not post a link, as there are too many to choose from.

Seriously - talk about 1984 and doublethink. We are all supposed to happy about this and forget Darwin? Oh dear.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

You are right - I forgot about Darwin.

How can anyone forget Darwin - would have to be the best city in Australia (I ship out of there or Dampier).

Coldest beer, biggest fish, beautiful wome.....oops I mean wife - God bless Darwin (and Fiddlers Green to be precise
)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
1. Cost too great for the yanks to build a base down here
2. Not in Aussie interest as it would paint a huge target on us if there wa any asian conflict with the US
3. US are already sending their pacific troops here gor R and R anyway.
So they are getting the best of both worlds, somewhere for their troops to visit WITHOUT the huge infratructure costs
Re future economic stuff, the Chinese are more our bread and butter than the US imo as the US has set up trade barriers to advantage their industries (both primary and secondary). No offense yanks, but the big hassle with China is their appaling standards when it comes to food processing. oh well, that's my 2c worth

Cheers

Steve

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I think It's pretty Ignorant to say all American soldiers are "terriost" killers..yes some of them have had bad media coverage and has done some stupid things..But can you really blame them, they're out in a horrible environment with people trying to kill them everyday..It's easy for you to talk # about them while you sit and hide behind your computer while these guys fight, most of them don't really have a choice when they get posted. So it is ignorant to call them all "terriost killers" whent they're so many that are more than civil. Although I am Canadian, I also do work with some Americans and Brittish at my work (National Defence) even some Intelligence officers and they all don't agree on somethings about what America does and a lot of them, believe it or not don't want war..

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Good to hear.... I Believe that there are too many US military bases here in OUR wonderful Country..

Pine Gap in the Northern Territory has already has been mentioned

How about the Echelon Station near Geraldton in Western Australia?? (This one Hasn't been mentioned yet, I see..)

I am Australian and I DON'T want anymore US Bases here...
edit on 8/27/2012 by logankale because: Changed some text as I have read thread fully now

edit on 8/27/2012 by logankale because: edited edit text lol

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by Shamatt

You are right - I forgot about Darwin.

How can anyone forget Darwin - would have to be the best city in Australia (I ship out of there or Dampier).

Coldest beer, biggest fish, beautiful wome.....oops I mean wife - God bless Darwin (and Fiddlers Green to be precise
)

Yes, but as I said, the new bases will be small. Think of lily pads, and more and more of these small lilly pads will be places in strategic places in the Asia-Pacific regions. Small bases are acceptable to most states, and the people, no?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
China isn't going to fall for this story seeing how an Australian 2 Star General was just put in charge of US Army Pacific.

Their military strategists will wonder why this just happened? ""awwwww those Americans are going to put nukes in Australia and will be under control of that Australian in charge of the US Army Pacific"""""

......"""and that also explains why Australia just made ties with the military Dictatorship in Fiji"""""

You know they're thinking that right? That's what it looks like.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Sounds all patriotic . . . to a point.

My years in China included several incidental contacts with well connected folks . . . who

VERY SERIOUSLY and soberly asserted that

China would eventually take over Australia--exclusively for THE CHINESE NATION AND PEOPLE.

1. China sees it as their more or less 'divine right' to more or less rule the world this century, if not this millenium.

2. They see Australia as a vast land area that their vast population needs. They expect to make the desert bloom any number of technological ways.

3. They have NO MORAL compunctions about obliterating 20 million Australians in behalf of the CHINESE PEOPLE.

4. They see it as a relatively easy military task--particularly with the 'inevitable' fall, collapse, destruction of the USA as a Nation and world power.

5. Given Australian blindness and impotence in such matters, I suggest that Australians . . . 'eat, drink and be merry' for tomorrow--well--not that far off, you die.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Sounds all patriotic . . . to a point.

My years in China included several incidental contacts with well connected folks . . . who

VERY SERIOUSLY and soberly asserted that

China would eventually take over Australia--exclusively for THE CHINESE NATION AND PEOPLE.

1. China sees it as their more or less 'divine right' to more or less rule the world this century, if not this millenium.

2. They see Australia as a vast land area that their vast population needs. They expect to make the desert bloom any number of technological ways.

3. They have NO MORAL compunctions about obliterating 20 million Australians in behalf of the CHINESE PEOPLE.

4. They see it as a relatively easy military task--particularly with the 'inevitable' fall, collapse, destruction of the USA as a Nation and world power.

5. Given Australian blindness and impotence in such matters, I suggest that Australians . . . 'eat, drink and be merry' for tomorrow--well--not that far off, you die.

Come on, you're going to have to do better than this. An alleged anecdotal conversation with 'well connected folk'?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
When the world war between Russia, China and the U.s begins, it would be prudent for Australia to align themselves with the Super power in their back yard otherwise they will be one of the first countries to be secured by the MEC and Asia coalition.

The war is inevitable and these countries/world has been preparing and positioning themselves for this outcome.

edit on 27-8-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by UsualSuspect
No one wants American troops on their soil. They are murderers. They kill innocent families in the name of peace? Stopping terrorism? They are terrorists!
America, stay home!

Troll

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Agreed on permenant having just recently been the plan. Somewhere buried on another thread from fairly recently, I'd posted some of that data myself. The U.S. was definitely floating a trial balloon about basing at least one Carrier in Australia. Reports I read suggested the possibility of 2 when a second one on the other coast. It looked insane and still does as even a suggestion.

I hope the China thing works out though.... Tibet doesn't seem too thrilled with Chinese hospitality after expressing their rather strong dislike .....before being invaded and raped as a nation. Perhaps China has changed a bit...and won't play hardball when no one is left around to say something. I hope so, for the sake of all you folks in Australia. The track history isn't a certain thing either way.

I think it would make sense to sell Australia the Carrier Enterprise when its decommissioned in a year or two so that Australia can have its only carrier capability, or even give it to them for free.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antonio1

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Agreed on permenant having just recently been the plan. Somewhere buried on another thread from fairly recently, I'd posted some of that data myself. The U.S. was definitely floating a trial balloon about basing at least one Carrier in Australia. Reports I read suggested the possibility of 2 when a second one on the other coast. It looked insane and still does as even a suggestion.

I hope the China thing works out though.... Tibet doesn't seem too thrilled with Chinese hospitality after expressing their rather strong dislike .....before being invaded and raped as a nation. Perhaps China has changed a bit...and won't play hardball when no one is left around to say something. I hope so, for the sake of all you folks in Australia. The track history isn't a certain thing either way.

I think it would make sense to sell Australia the Carrier Enterprise when its decommissioned in a year or two so that Australia can have its only carrier capability, or even give it to them for free.

Just to clarify, I think that we should sell Australia the carrier so that then the U.S. govt. won't feel that it has to build bases in Australia, and Australia can better defend itself.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by deessell

You are welcome to deny my reality, if you wish.

You weren't there. IIRC, it was about 3-4 different individuals asserting such. Some seemed to be more connected militarily and some more politically.

Even if I remembered names, I'd not disclose them.

My post was an annecdotal post. It is one more puzzle piece.

Good intel collects all the puzzle pieces possible and sees that threads connect between them; which cluster together.

I don't have anything to anyone's head trying to force belief.

I'm relating my EXPERIENCES.

Folks with merely arguments are welcome to stack their arguments up against my experiences the live long day if that's what gets them their jollies. Time will tell which view fostered the best prep and which view most ultimately coorelated best with ultimate reality.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Fool, If given the power they'd abuse the hell out of it. There's no point in talking more about it, you simple minded fools are pushed forward by the few in the community with half of a brain to think for themselves. I can't talk sense into drones.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join