It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Millitary Codes in our Road Sign?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carrierwave1
More signs of the times....

Check out this quote:

"We’re talking about networks of toll roads that may be built by foreign builders, managed by foreign operators, function primarily to accommodate foreign goods, and connect U.S. roads to similar networks in Canada, Mexico and, later, Central and South America."

Forget about closing the borders to illegal aliens! Imagine a National Emergency and *foreigners* running toll-booths and checkpoints on these highways! You must read this link. We have contacted Phyllis Spivey about the NATO military coding in the road signs and she has shown interest in finding out more. Here is a website with info:

www.newswithviews.com...

So much for our Constitution which prohibits foreign partnerships without Congressional approval. Our officials are globalist for the most part. They could care less about "Rule Of Law".

Carrierwave~

Maybe this person is on to something. Here in Indiana our Governer is leasing some of our toll roads to foreign countries or companies.

Here is a link to a local article about the subject.

www.fortwayne.com...

The second link shows a map with the road that has the toll road in question. Also has some opinions.

www.tollroadforsale.com...

I am sure countries overseas are saying the same about us aswell thought. i work for a company called Johnson Controls, we make automotive batteries and we are buying up foreign baterry copieies up like crazy.

Now if I worked in or around that community I might think some evil US conspiricy was taking place, when it really isn't.

Who knows.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I also can not see the any government relying on just GPS. All electronics malfunction from time to time. Machines are only as good as the people who make them and humans are not flawless. As far as reflective bar codes on the back of signs maybe the serve two purposes. I doubt anyone can clearly read anything at 50 mph when doing so through a rearview mirror.

Signs weather coded or not are for navigation atleast we agree on that. Obviously "we" have a long way to go before the system has all the kinks worked out but i am glad to know (or atleast think) that the military has alternate "routes" besides that of GPS or traditional signs.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
we can toss around the gps thing or the rearview mirror all day long but at the end of the day i think making the jump from stickers on signs pointing to the biblical end of the world is just a bit much to swallow. Im even willing to believe that DOT or who ever is covering up what they are for but foreign invaders,please.And this guy carrierwave1 isnt even willing to think of any other explanations. He is fanatical in his belief which makes me certain he totally believes what he is saying. That dosnt mean its true. Near my house there are five yellow signs with big black arrows. The signs are on the right side of the road arrows pointing left. Directly left of the road across from the signs is a massive church. the arrows are almost blatantly pointing at the church. The signs are also set in a curve of the road. What we have here is which came first the chicken or the egg? Are the signs pointing at the curve to alert drivers or at the church? Neither question can really be answered. However, our friend carrierwave1 sees the signs and looks at the churh, the rest of america sees the signs and vere with the road. So how could this so conclusively prove the end of the world? For me atleast, it dosent.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
However, our friend carrierwave1 sees the signs and looks at the church, the rest of america sees the signs and vere with the road. So how could this so conclusively prove the end of the world? For me atleast, it dosent.

I couldnt agree with you more on that. I guess people pretty much see what they want to see. You can find a conspiracy in almost everything. I am not saying that this is or isnt true. To me it seems like signs with Barcodes. Who the hell would want to look at a barcode anyways. Might as well hide it on the baclk.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Actually I have looked very closely at the ones in my neighbor hood and they all say in case of theft call such and such 800 number. For me the odd thing about them is how they seem like they have been purposefully placed on the signs in specific patterns vs. being randomly slaped on as the state would have us to believe. Of course I still refuse to believe that points to the end of the world.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm amazed this thread rumbles on. I read to page 8 and was convinced there's no conspiracy explanation (apart from the one in someone's head!)

A few points

1. there's no such thing as a secret facility, not anymore

2. if it was back-up for GPS surely US DOD could come up with something better?

3. the original source was obviously written by 'deluded folk'. I checked the site and this is what it now says:

Start quote

The "QUADRANT SIGN CODE" website and all files have been permenantly removed from the internet. Any photos copies or files found on the net are not the responsibility of "Free Indeed Research" nor it's creators.

blah, blah

The day has come when we must with regret close this chapter, yet the threat still exists. 911 was nothing compared to what is coming. We have warned America for 5 years and for personal reasons beyond our control we must bid you farewell.

We thank Our Great Lord God, creator of Heaven and Earth, for His wonderful plan of salvation through the Death, Burial and Glorious Resurrection ............blah blah ad nauseam...... and praise, through His marvelous GRACE, Amen.

"America's greatest need today is God." (their quote marks)

end quote

There's a word for this thread but it's rude

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Strangerous, If you dont like the thread then dont post on it. It is as easy as that. Truely its all bull and the perpetuator insane but he did present an interesting theory that some people still feel worthwhile to discuss. There could be more to it but probably not like our dilusional friend carrierwave believes. the main conspiracy driver in this thread is the dot's inconsistancies in response to what the stickers are. If it was all kosher the story would be the same accross the board. This dosnt mean it points to the end of the world but for that fact alone it makes it worthy to discuss as a conspiracy on ATS.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I have been one of the supporters of Carrierwave for some time, too bad he disapeared now.

I just realise his theory is quite plausible.

And not even DOT employees will know for sure if there IS such a thing as TACMARS.

Unless we have someone who personally places stickers on the back of the signs, we can't disproof this theory.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Thats part of the whole DOT conundrum. It is a shame carrierwave is gone but really i think he said all he could on it after awhile he just started going in circles. There are some good points that can be argued here but i just cant believe the end of the world stuff seems like a bit of sensationalization. I would like to see this topic revived and re anaylized and re researched. I am not opposed to some field work myself.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
But you see, not every DOT works the same, nor do they all do the same thing at the same time. Sure, they have to operate within the Federal Highway Standards(etc), but I really don't think that they are going to tell us how to manage the manner in which we keep track of and manage our plethora of signs. I know that we are not the same as other states in some cases. For instance, we now have one of the best CORS networks in the nation. Some DOTs have a limited one, if one at all. If we were required to be the same as everyone else, then either A) everyone would have a network like ours or B) no one would. So, it appears to me that each DOT does have it's own "wiggle room" to play with.

Now my question is this. If there is a national "conspiracy" with this special marking of highway signs, then why do ALL DOTs not have the same markings, in the same style? Would it not be quite confusing to have a barcode here and a punchcard-esque one there or and none on another?

There is a life span for a sign, folks. Materials simply wear out and then said sign requires replacement. We now even have bar codes on the sides of all new vehicles, but the old ones don't have them. So that leads me to the randomness that some of you have pointed out. Older signs have different, if any markings at all. I would hope that you all realize that the DOT is not responsible for all signs in the state. We only control select routes in the state. Unless it is a trunk line, (IE: US/M(for my state), or I) those routes are NOT controlled by the DOT. We only have jurisdiction over I-, US-, and M- routes in this state. That may even not be true 100% of the time, as the Counties or Cities may have a contractual agreement with the State concerning the maintenance of indicated route. So, the maintenance of route would fall to the body of government to which the control of said route is given. (IE counties). With this being said, the counties may have a totally different way to track and maintain their signs.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous

The only truly meaningful back up to GPS is a compass and a map. (At least in regards to Land Nav.) Barcodes on signs that can be removed, damaged, destroyed, etc just seems too haphazard and fallible for me to accept the theory that they are used as a way to strategic points.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I belive since 1953 all nterstate highways are set up to a military installation and they are all coded,this is nothing new,they could have an underlying numeration but that I can't comment on

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurveyGirl

Originally posted by Strangerous

The only truly meaningful back up to GPS is a compass and a map. (At least in regards to Land Nav.) Barcodes on signs that can be removed, damaged, destroyed, etc just seems too haphazard and fallible for me to accept the theory that they are used as a way to strategic points.

Exactly

Plus if needed special route markers for convoys etc would be applied to specific routes very quickly.

The initial theory is silly (ie completely impractical) and the presumption it's to facilitate a UN invasion of the US completely preposterous.

1+1=65,000 IMO

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Strangerous]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I offer you a decades-worth of research and experience.

In the Fall of 1995 several dedicated Christian men began the organization "Free Indeed Research" with the specific purpose to dispell or confirm rumors that the Department of Transportation were deeply involved in covert military operations on U.S. highways nation-wide. Backed up by testimonies of prominant military servicemen in our state and retired DOT employees as eye witnesses, an indepth study and research of the state-wide MDOT sign dating operations began.

It is a false accusation that we have not considered other explanations for the emergence of the "TACMARS". In the past 10 years we have traveled hundreds upon countless hours on the roadways of Michigan taking photos, studying signage, and briefing both military and DOT employees, as well as local and state law enforcement officers and agencies on the subject. We have also traveled and have photos from 5 other states of the signcodes and marker patterns, plus the photos and eyewitness accounts of observant truck drivers traveling through Canada to the U.S. and Mexico. We get emails and e-photos on a consistant basis from citizens from more than 30 states showing tacmars and other coding on the highways of our nation. There are also contacts in several foreign countries with photographic proof, especially from a German exchange student who snapped tacmars patterns at the Nurmberg Courthouse and military sites in West Germany.

The second prong of our research was the systematic study of the markers and marker patterns themselves. Yes, there are consistant, identical patterns of the markers nation-wide especially on what we call "cluster signs". There are DIRECTIONALS, SYMBOLS, and GEOMETRIC PATTERNS that make up the basic code system of the tacmars. These codes are also on the fronts of many signs found as arrow configurations and other geometric patterns and incriminate FEMA. FEMA has direct links to a world-wide emergency management plan for the planet under NATO where our "civil defense" program originated and documented in the Geneva Convention in article 66 paragrph 4. It does not take a genius to figure out that there is a link here, when every emergency plan of the nations world-wide has the FEMA symbol in there logo! Wake - up!

We are moving swiftly into global governance and the emergence a global surveillance system in the "war on terror". The UN/ NATO military, (this includes all U.S. military branches) have had a universal highway code system that bridges language barriers among the nations covertly embedded on their road signs for global operations.

It might do good to listen to some of the old-timers who worked for the DOT back in the 50's and sixties . They are a lot more honest than those today about what is going on.

By the way, this "end of the world" phrase seems to be the typical knee-jerk reaction to a conspiracy with a Christian world view. Since you don't see "the end of the world" in your near future all of this sign stuff is "silly". This subject at this time and place in world history is just a small piece of a much larger puzzle that has been unfolding right on schedule no matter how "silly" you think it is. Don't boast about your tomorrow; a car accident, fire, cancer-- may trigger your end of the world sooner than you think.

I also appreciate some of the open minds that have recently given input to this thread as well as some old standbys.

God bless,

Carrierwave~

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Who would these stickers on the back of signs be for? Are you saying that irt would be for a European force on American soil? Are you saying that they would stop to read the back of a road sign on the other side of the road to see that it says "military road ahead", or something to that effect? Do you really think that they have no idea how to read a map? I'm pretty confident that A) the American soldier isn't the only one who's trained to read a map in basic training, and B) knows to keep the map and compass out of the hands of the lieutenant. Couple the fact that map reading is elementary, GPS, as Zion pointed out, is getting to be standard, with the fact that it is pretty inefficient to go by stickers on the back of signs that may or may not be there when the signs are removed by accidents or through age and replacement and you have a pretty good idea that this is much akin to urban legends.

It seems that the highway workers around the nation would be sounding the alarm that the NWO is taking over, wouldn't you think?

At any rate (my account could use a higher one that what we have now), if the NWO is navigating by stickers on the backs of road signs, they can't be that much of a threat. That should give us all good reason to sleep soundly.

The USA is sending all its troops to police the middle east, so we Europeans will naturally have to step in and police the USA, won't we.

You don't have to stop, because the back of signs on the opposite side of the road, are visible to you. and THAT's where the stickers are.
They could even be machine-read at high speeds and long distance. It's a pretty simple and fail-safe system to be machine-read. They could also reflect infrared light or something, for night-reading by machine or IR equipped soldiers.

camps, halls, stores, gas stations, gun stores, water plants, etc. are NOT marked on any map. Maps do not show what types of buildings are where, and that is what is important to an army.

GPS can be jammed, and even shot down, and besides the EU is developing its own GPS system to counter the U.S. GPS system.
Besides, the cost of giving everyone GPS would be a little too high for the military I know...

Highway workers may have been dubbed into believing that these markers serve a "sorting" purpose of some kind or other, for maintenance/removal/insertion of signs, and would not be told the REAL truth. Also, THEY would be putting stickers on every replacement sign too.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Christian IX]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This man is 100% right on. I live in Maryland and I'm on the road alot.
The markers are real. They lead to all sorts of places, code in somone's end game book for various situations. When I'm in a area and have some time to kill I (just for the fun of it) follow thies stickers around and I can say they are placed there to leed you to places. Yes, places that make sence in war, places that make sence if you need to gather groops together, and places that make sence if you want to control an area. Missed a turn off to a key area...no problem there are even markers that leed you back to the spot you should have made a turn in the other direction to get to a key area.
The markers vary in size and make up depending on what state your in. Some portions of some states don't even have them, and I don't mean area's out in the "boonies" eather. I mean some small city's....as if to say " This area won't be here when "it" happnes." Most back roads "Boonies" do have them, leading you out of the "boonies" or into them if somthing important is there.
The funny part is no matter what state your in or what size markers they use they are all placed in a well thought out pattern depending on where they want you to go and the inportance of that key location. Random chance would never show this pattern let alone lead you to anything! The fact that we are even talking about this and noticing it proves this is not a random pattern at all !!

Tea

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What photos? All I see when the page loads is a few paragraphs stating the site was up for five years and now it isn't. The only thing it links to is this forum and a page full of Bible BS.

The mods should trash this thread.

HEY, when my post completed I ended up in an entirely different thread. WTF

[edit on 4/24/06 by Tea]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is one of my favourite threads on ATS and I just want to keep it going.

Argh, NO! The UN are kicking down my door...the men in blue helmets are taking me away....help.......

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Hey people, I just gave up trying to look for these, I have seen them on the back of almost every big road sign up untill a couple of months ago, and now they're all gone, in the same places as I have seen them before. I don't know where some of the signs have gone either, but they're not there anymore.

I guess we're off the invasion list hehehehe ;-) Or they just found a less obvious way to do it.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
wrong area

[edit on 21-5-2006 by DalairTheGreat]

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join