It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO flap in the Netherlands, august 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
My particular interest in this flap started after two sightings on one evening, august 17th. Each sighting concerned an orange blazing light crossing the sky above my head, flying much lower than an airliner. There was about 10 minutes in between the two sightings of the lights. Their speed, form and particular, 'dynamic flaming' colouring made it only logical to exclude the possibility that it were orange chinese lanterns. In my case both lights went in a straight line, both were pretty fast, but the second was faster. After seeing them I was curious whether other people also had. Actually, many people saw these lights, on different days and some of the posters even claim they have seen these orbs leave straight lines.

This is the forum I found the other sightings, it's in Dutch, but that can hardly be problem: .www.ufomeldpunt.nl...

The Netherlands is experiencing a ufo-flap (it seems there has been one before, in the seventies), but in mainstream media it has mostly been ignored. It's time to have your camera at hand in Holland. And some actually do:

www.youtube.com...

(at 0.40 - 0.48 you can see the small light (down at left of the bigger light) accelerating.)

very different from my sighting, but anyhow: tens of sightings of orange orbs/fires and I have absolutely no idea what these lights can be. For earth grazing meteors (as shortly before the Perseids came around) they are too many, as there are only four earth grazing meteors recorded.
edit on 25-8-201: wrong link to video, text added

edit on 25-8-2012 by Spinoza73 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2012 by Spinoza73 because: textissues (more may follow)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Spinoza73

Interesting news about the recent flap--thanks for the heads-up & for sharing your experiences. From the video in the 2nd link, because the lights are red & white, my thought is that it is a helicopter either hovering or moving in a straight line with the camera. I may have lost something with my text translation, but it seems the viewer described it as quiet, which would seem apropos of most aircraft considering the distance from which they were filming.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This flap, was it a flappy flap?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

There was about 10 minutes in between the two sightings of the lights. Their speed, form and particular, 'dynamic flaming' colouring made it only logical to exclude the possibility that it were orange chinese lanterns.

So they were orange flaming balls but you exclude the possibility of Chinese lanterns , sounds like a typical description of lanterns to me .

This is the forum I found the other sightings, it's in Dutch, but that can hardly be problem:

Judging from some of the posts on that forum lanterns a quite popular in the Netherlands .

The video posted looks like a Star or Planet , there are several candidates .

tens of sightings of orange orbs/fires and I have absolutely no idea what these lights can be

Just a suggestion

edit on 26-8-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
If they look like chinese lanterns, it must be chinese lanterns, right? I would like to add the lights weren't moving in the direction of the wind. I already said they were moving way to fast to be chinese lanterns, which is something most other posters of these sightings also mention. People have really no idea what it are (but they do know how a lantern looks like). Next a link to an image by somebody who also saw the light. The picture resembles what I have seen (apart of the distortion).

twitter.com...

The video shows one of the 'stars' accelerating (0.40 - 0.48), I found it very strange.

edit on 26-8-2012 by Spinoza73 because: link fixed

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

If they look like chinese lanterns, it must be chinese lanterns, right?

No , if they look like lanterns and behave like lanterns then they probably are lanterns .

I would like to add the lights weren't moving in the direction of the wind.

The wind blows at different speeds and directions at different heights .

edit on 26-8-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
what i know about this?...people do not know how a camera works, and most of the time they should keep their fingers off the zoom button. another lighted speck against black backround is all i can see

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hoogst interessant, Spinoza, dank.

I've been reading the forum you linked to, some peculiar sightings indeed.
A lot of people reporting similar things. Different ones. No doubt some of them report lanterns too.
Then again: some have zig-zagging, some make straight curves, some accelerate, some stay in position for weeks (stars?).

Also interesting to read replies of people who don't report their sighting out of fear of being ridiculed in the comments.
This one sounds very much like what we saw in France last summer. Never reported it myself either.

I remember having our own 'Belgian flap' in '89-'91, we however did get media coverage, almost daily.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Ok, I agree, that addition may not be very convincing. But still I am convinced it wasn't a chinese lantern, it simply wasn't. You have to take my word for it (and those of many other posters). It was a very quiet evening, the sky was clear, there wasn't much wind and it was moving fast, especially the second light, that also didn't flicker (as chinese lanterns do). Take it for what it's worth, I hope to see some really good footage one of these days.

Some newspapers wrote about it, and there was a ridiculing blog by GeenStijl, as far as I know.
edit on 26-8-2012 by Spinoza73 because: text

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
oh my gawd lil blinky lights...they are here..lol All hail grey men lol

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Yeah Chinese lanterns are definitely populair here in the Netherlands. I saw some less than 3 weeks ago, and before that a couple of months ago. About a year and a half ago I thought I spotted a UFO but that too was one of those damn Chinese lanterns haha. Outlaw the damn things! j/k

Keep your eye on the sky though!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
To make it more clear: the video is not about what I've seen, but is just one that I found remarkable. The bigger light the filmer is zooming in on may very well be a star. Yet below at the left is a smaller light that appears to be moving away (between 0.40 and 0.48).

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The orange orbs are becoming very popular these days.

I have observed a group of about thirty of them in a loose delta formation in the USA.

The Lienese Chanterns explanation is weak.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
As for the video: It seems I'm wrong and the moving effect is the result of zooming (at the right another light also moves away).

top topics

join