It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: All Empire State shooting victims were wounded by officers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Police: All Empire State shooting victims were wounded by officers

www.cnn.com

On a busy Friday morning in Manhattan, nine pedestrians suffered bullet or fragment wounds after police unleashed a hail of gunfire at a man wielding a .45 caliber pistol who had just killed a former co-worker.

The officers unloaded 16 rounds in the shadow of the Empire State Building at a disgruntled former apparel designer, killing him after he engaged in a gunbattle with police, authorities said.

Three passersby sustained direct gunshot wounds, while the remaining six were hit by fragments, according to New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly. All injuries were caused by police, he s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Nine people were shot by police as they fired at the suspect hitting him 3 times. There were 16 shots fired by the two officers of which 12 hit a people. Were these the hollow points that police and shooters claim can knock down a person better than a normal bullet?

I am just surprised that there were 9 other people shot by police while the gunman killed his intended target with 2 shots to the head.

In another thread about a Michigan man who was gunned down in a hail of 30 bullets while his back was turned.

I am not defending the gunman or police but this is what happens in the instant of an eye and decisions have to made.....

www.cnn.com
edit on 25-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Nice shootin' boys!

Local cops round these parts shot 33 rounds at an armed suspect that they caught leaving a beer package store that they had staked out. They hit him once in the wrist.

Local cops and federal agents are among the most inaccurate handgun shooters that I have had experience shooting with. PA State Police officers tended to be better shots.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Wounded? I heard people died?

Strange and manipulative use of the english lamguage maybe?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Nine people were shot by police as they fired at the suspect hitting him 3 times. There were 16 shots fired by the two officers of which 12 hit a people. Were these the hollow points that police and shooters claim can knock down a person better than a normal bullet?

I am just surprised that there were 9 other people shot by police while the gunman killed his intended target with 2 shots to the head.

In another thread about a Michigan man who was gunned down in a hail of 30 bullets while his back was turned.

I am not defending the gunman or police but this is what happens in the instant of an eye and decisions have to made.....

www.cnn.com
edit on 25-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: (no reason given)

not defending anything but surely even americans have to realize its now out of hand........last few weeks over in scotland all i,ve heard is shooting here or shooting there.....soz but ur bare arms is let any nutter shoot who they like,know i,m going to get don,t judge us if u don,t know but the point is we all know,,,,, where in the rest of the world is shootings of innocents in a main city happening everyday?not anywhere i know

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Erm .....pretty much everywhere
It just doesnt get reported as it doesn't fit an agenda

Type in the name of any major city ......add shooting.......( or a search to that effect ) and narrow results to the last month

lol admittedly Scotland's been quiet recently - just checked

edit on 25-8-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This shouldn't surprise anyone.

Cops will storm homes for non violent warrants with all the violence they can muster. Cops will instigate dangerous high speed car chases on busy streets through populated areas for the most mundane of reasons.

They'll even flash their lights to run an intersection to get to the coffee shop. We've all seen it done at least once.

So why wouldn't they send a wall of lead in the general direction of a bunch of tourists in the name of safety?

Par for the cop course.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Simple really being a cop is not a high paying job and a high edcaution or training isn't manditory. My brother in law hates me because I can out shoot him any time any target,

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
A well skilled and trained cop will be able to aim the target and shot with none or minimum collateral damage.

What happen here is nothing short of random shooting frenzy and disregard for public safety.

It surprises me that with all the million of corrupted money going from Wall street to the NY police department the goons can not provide better training for their buy out police department.

It only shows that America is nothing but a nation run by nothing but morons on private interest briberies.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I`m thinking these Police Officers were serving in Iraq and that`s how there were so many civilians killed and wounded.

Seriously
If I lived in New York I`d be demanding the Police do more time at the shooting range starting immediately
Pretty wild to watch the video of this. The Flower in the pot by the guy that falls also gets taken out.
Sad people got hurt hope they all recover and yes I feel badly for the cops just trying to do their job actually.

I could just imagine the one cop looking at the other asking him if he thought they got him while reloading.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
NYC might be a little safer if they just worried more about the marksmanship training program for "New York’s Finest" than worrying about how much salt is in the food of the homeless or how big the soft drinks are.

Or even maybe Chuck Schumer can get involved in this issue rather than what the gun laws are in my State?

Where is his outrage - I am waiting for him to chime in about "gun-control" for police.

Seems they have a trifecta of issues, poor marksmanship, poor trigger discipline, and poor muzzle control...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This will be seen by many as crucial weakness of the police. This level of incompetence will encourage any daring opponents to treat them with much less respect. It looks like the policemen were trained to be afraid and react out of fear while believing they follow the protocol. This is not good.

I don't think this is about more practicing. These men lack experience and stamina. They had no control of situation or themselves.
edit on 25-8-2012 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Posted here early this morning:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join