It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about voter fraud: Debunking the allegations.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by km22453
Vote early. Vote often.

Oh no I completely understand. If you help more blacks, women, and poor people to vote, it doesn't help the GOP and their nutty candidates does it? So you scorn against organizations like them not because of concern for voter fraud, but because of the political disadvantage to the otherside.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
politico.com

george soros funded left wing propagandists

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
politico.com

Prove it.

The point is, voter ID laws won't affect voter registration fraud. It will barely effect actual voter fraud because voter fraud rarely happens.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I was not attacking the claim of 54 convictions of voter fraud, it took me a couple of seconds to find other sources to collaborate this. I am attacking the fact that people like you continously rely on notoriously partisan websites like World Net Daily to source your claims, it demonstrates your inability (or unwillingness) to actually look at the issues objectively.

54 cases of fraud is not alot, especially considering that cases like these are rare, and considering that these cases are often carried out without any effect of voter ID laws in place.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Originally posted by bjax9er
politico.com

Prove it.

The point is, voter ID laws won't affect voter registration fraud. It will barely effect actual voter fraud because voter fraud rarely happens.

prove it.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It seems that no matter how many links for different sources with multiple cases with multiple individuals and organizations you post it just will not equal rampant.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l
It seems that no matter how many links for different sources with multiple cases with multiple individuals and organizations you post it just will not equal rampant.

What is your definition of rampant voter fraud? Merely proving that voter fraud exists does not make it "rampant" or "major". It doesn't justify voter ID laws either, to date I am yet to come across a source demonstrating that voter ID laws do significant curb voter fraud.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Exactly! What is rampant? Subjective of course, and voter id laws to curb this was not the point, you asked to show voter fraud and users have.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

It's difficult to be removed after being registered, regardless of that, your source is wrong.

LaSalle County, Illinois has a population of about 113,000 and has 71,201 registered voters. You can find out more about your inaccuracy here.

True the Vote needs to check their facts.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

There's no solid evidence as of yet to demonstrate that there are voting irregularies in all 160 counties. The organization, True to vote, an organization tied to tea party groups, made a claim to "The Blaze", a conservative website, about supposed voting fraud in all 160 counties. They haven't actually come up with actual convictions or anything of that nature, they've only started a lawsuit claiming so:
news.yahoo.com...

It's really hypocritical of you to source your claims from known partisan websites when you attacked my OP for doing just that.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

show voter fraud and users have.

I asked to show significant cases of voter fraud, cases that influence election outcomes, I didn't ask them to prove to me that voter fraud exists and does occur. This wasn't the point of my OP had you actually bothered to read it.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

SG, you are aware that i'm against the voter ID laws, correct ?
ok, now that that's clear ... voter fraud is rampant enough that something should be done, however, voter ID, as is established, is pointless and nothing more than smoke and mirrors to hide the real problems.

from your OP, i can agree with this

that they hold legitimate concerns about the fairness of elections
as do i, however, my concerns lie with the massive fraud consistently identified, reported and dismissed by those responsible for prosecuting the offenders.

i wish we'd focus on repairing/addressing VOTE fraud rather voter fraud

for those who would like to know more ... read this ...

whatreallyhappened.com.../

Since 1964, right after John F. Kennedy was assassinated, vote tabulation for national elections has been handled not by the government, but by a private company lacking any official oversight at all.
- snip -

Poll watchers are allowed to watch the voting booths, to guard against polling place electioneering, but in most precincts, the actual counting of the ballots is concealed from the public, and nobody is allowed to see inside the voting machines, or review the computer software that counts the ballots. 70% of all votes in America are counted by machine, and nobody, not private citizen, not local election official, nobody, is allowed to examine how it all works.
- snip -

In 1988, when voting machines in Illinois were tested with tens of thousands of ballots instead of the few dozen normally used for the accuracy test, over 1/4 of the machines which had passed the standard accuracy test were found to have mistabulated the larger test vote results!
-snip -

the Collier brothers actually managed to videotape members of the League of Women voters forging ballots, and found hard evidence that Shouptronics and Printomatic vote machines were rigged in the Dade County Elections
- snip -

The Colliers, along with attorney Ellis Rubin, handed the evidence to the assistant State Attorney for Florida. Sadly, that assistant State Attorney was Janet Reno, who in a pattern we have all become too familier with, killed the investigation. 60 Minutes taped a segment on the Dade County Vote Fraud, but never aired it.
- snip -

Mandatory voter registration laws, such as "Motor voter" have been a boon to election fraud, generating registered voters who don't vote and whose names may be used to obtain absentee ballots
- snip -
The California Attorney General's office was informed by the precinct worker, but again nothing was done. In 1998, almost 20,000 fraudulent voter registrations were discovered on the voting rolls, but were allowed to remain on the excuse that their removal in time for the election would cost too much!
- snip -

The evidence for massive vote fraud in the United States uncovered by the Voting Integrity Project and organizations like it are ignored by the government, which has obviously been the beneficiary of such chicanery, and by the media, which is complicit in the fraud
- snip -

When precinct workers in the 1974 Dade County elections discovered that the voting machines they were using were rigged, they walked off the job and refused to certify the election process. Police and fire fighters took over the polling duties. The next day, the Miami Herald reported the walk out, but not the reason. When the precinct workers went to the media to report the election rigging, the media ignored them. So did the local attorney general. So did the FBI. Citizens who tried to observe the next election were arrested.
emphasis mine
vote fraud appears in many different forms, but direct voter fraud isn't bad enough to warrant suppressing anyone's right to lawfully/legally cast a ballot.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I only care about the one illegal vote that negates my valid one.

If there is one it is enough to disenfranchise me, or you or anyone else.

I have to show my ID to buy over the counter cold medicine but not to vote - neat call.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by calnorak

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Of course voter fraud is rampant. The people who are "members" of the tea party have been involved in politics for years and they were the ones committing the fraud. They know first hand that it exists because they were the ones doing it.

LOL. Cough up some names, make sure its every member of the TEA party with evidence and I will believe your blanket statement.

I don't really care if you believe it or not, I believe it because I saw it happen. My belief is really all that matters to me, your belief doesn't mount to a hill of beans as far as I'm concerned.

Of course not, I asked for proof or evidence and you ignore it. It happens a lot, don't worry though I do it too sometimes. I still can't prove God exists but I still believe he does. I also believe voter fraud exists, but to say that the tea party are voter fraudsters, I would need proof.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Bravo!!!

And this is why I referenced Deibold a page or two back... They make, own, and control the voting machines. The most efficient form of fraud.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I read it and didn't bother to address the whole thing. There is a difference. Second you are again asking for subjective proof. Try these, the first has a ton to go through and I will admit I have not reviewed them all though the ones at the bottom I have and they are treasures. The youtube vid is ok as well. Check my signature for the truth of belief vs. proof.
www.forpoetry.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Buying a beer isnt a right. Its a privileged and so are all the other things you listed. Living in America is all the reason you need to be able to vote. You should be able to walk into your polling place and participate in your government. PERIOD

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I read it and didn't bother to address the whole thing.

No, you just didn't bother to read and understand the point of the OP.

Second you are again asking for subjective proof.

If you were to claim that individual fraud is rampant and the election process is not regulated, and yet you fail to bring up actual cases that demonstrate the significance of fraud and it's actual influence on the election outcome, it's fairly apparent that you lack substance to your claim.

Proving that voter fraud exists does not make it a major issue, it does not mean our election process is exposed.

www.forpoetry.com...

www.youtube.com...

These sources speak of voter fraud at the official level, not the individual level. The actual proven cases of fraud at the level of elections officials is rare as well, but more far more prevalent than actual voter impersonation, or individual voter fraud. Voter ID laws have little to no effect on fraud at the state or federal level (fraud inside government).

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

thanks
and if i'm not mistaken, isn't Halliburton (or members thereof) tied into those machines somehow ?
atm, i forget the details but i do remember discussing such way back during the "hanging chad" days of old

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join