It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about voter fraud: Debunking the allegations.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Not as rampant? My vid shows an investigation into illegals voting illegally in Florida elections. I'm sorry if that does not fit into your idea of what rampant means.

Your video shows some illegals who were able to vote, but how many actual convictions and proven cases of illegals voting are there? Pointing to 3 or 4 illegals having voted in the last few elections does not mean that voter fraud is "rampant". Do you actually have statistics, actual convictions, pointing to a high number of illegals voting?

That vid just shows one way in which voter fraud is accomplished. The fact that they are not convicted to me shows a serious problem in our society. There have been some ACORN convictions, some going back to 1998. It just happens that when Barack was elected, his involvement with ACORN brought this stuff to light. Republicans have every right to want to stop illegals and dead people from voting, as ACORN is primarily a leftist tool.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a little acorn update

174 acorn chapters still exist

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It's not just a leftist thing. This guy, for example, ran Deibold. and they're not very well known for integrity...

In 1992, investment banker Chuck Hagel, president of McCarthy & Co, became chairman of AIS. Hagel, who had been touted as a possible Senate candidate in 1993, was again on the list of likely GOP contenders heading into the 1996 contest. In January of 1995, while still chairman of ES&S, Hagel told the Omaha World-Herald that he would likely make a decision by mid-March of 1995. On March 15, according to a letter provided by Hagel's Senate staff, he resigned from the AIS board, noting that he intended to announce his candidacy. A few days later, he did just that.

Of course voter fraud becomes an invisible thing if you control the people who count the votes...

~Heff

Fun fact: Deibold shenanigans.

A little less than eight months after steppind down as director of AIS, Hagel surprised national pundits and defied early polls by defeating Benjamin Nelson, the state's popular former governor. It was Hagel's first try for public office. Nebraska elections officials told The Hill that machines made by AIS probably tallied 85 percent of the votes cast in the 1996 vote, although Nelson never drew attention to the connection. Hagel won again in 2002, by a far healthier margin. That vote is still angrily disputed by Hagel's Democratic opponent, Charlie Matulka, who did try to make Hagel's ties to ES&S an issue in the race and who asked that state elections officials conduct a hand recount of the vote. That request was rebuffed, because Hagel's margin of victory was so large.
Source
edit on 8/25/12 by Hefficide because: Bah missed a BB tag and got sidetracked. Sorry

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I believe voter fraud is rampant. But not in a way that a voter ID would fix.

It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.
"Joseph Stalin"

This was seen in the GOP primary. "vote flipping"
The whole American voting system has been hacked for a long time.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Not as rampant? My vid shows an investigation into illegals voting illegally in Florida elections. I'm sorry if that does not fit into your idea of what rampant means.

Your video shows some illegals who were able to vote, but how many actual convictions and proven cases of illegals voting are there? Pointing to 3 or 4 illegals having voted in the last few elections does not mean that voter fraud is "rampant". Do you actually have statistics, actual convictions, pointing to a high number of illegals voting?

This site says ACORN was fined the maximum of $5000

The notorious Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN, has been fined the legal maximum of $5,000 by a Nevada state judge for its role in a massive voter fraud case.
Las Vegas Judge Donald Mosley fumed at his inability to impose a harsher punishment on the radical advocacy group that used to employ Barack Obama as a community organizer.
Mosley said that if an individual, as opposed to a nonprofit corporation, had been before him, he would have ordered that person to serve 10 years behind bars.
In April, ACORN pleaded guilty to unlawful compensation for registration of voters, a felony in Nevada. Prosecutors said ACORN senior management knew the group’s officials illegally offered cash bonuses to voter registration canvassers in a scheme called “Blackjack.”

www.wnd.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

In my state it's just as difficult to get an ID card as it is to get registered to vote. So here, voter ID laws would be meaningless if you're already registered.

Maybe it's just easier in other states.

Voter fraud happens on such a miniscule level that removing huge swaths of legal, registered voters in truly political BS. When Romney wins Pennsylvania, remember that the secretary of state for Pennsylvania specifically pointed to voter ID being the mechanism to allow that to happen. Not because of voter fraud but because of voter supression.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by bjax9er

In my state it's just as difficult to get an ID card as it is to get registered to vote. So here, voter ID laws would be meaningless if you're already registered.

Maybe it's just easier in other states.

Voter fraud happens on such a miniscule level that removing huge swaths of legal, registered voters in truly political BS. When Romney wins Pennsylvania, remember that the secretary of state for Pennsylvania specifically pointed to voter ID being the mechanism to allow that to happen. Not because of voter fraud but because of voter supression.

I suppose we could just do it the Democrat way and let black panthers patrol the polls with sticks. (sorry, had to say it)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here in Florida, when you apply for food stamps or Medicare you can register to vote. Which is strange as you don't require proof of any citizenship to get SNAP. I know quite a few people who were registered to vote before they became legal citizens. It is a broken over run system here in FL.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
"You know Elvis is dead because he's registered to vote in Chicago."

"The Pope, Richard Nixon and Mayor Daley in are in a lifeboat, lost at sea. Unfortunately, they only have enough drinking water for one person. The three of them decide to vote to determine who should get the water. They vote, and Daley wins 6 to 2."

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think the politicians should clean up their own mess at the Big House and leave the little guy alone. Geez, we are being blamed for EVERYTHING gone wrong in this country. Are you guys really falling for that?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Acorn flagged a number of voter registrations for review by Federal election authorities back in 2008, together there were a numbr of duplicated registrations found:
www.nytimes.com...

The actual number of convictions of voter fraud, actual proven voter fraud or voter fraud attempts in acorn is unknown

Conservatives attack ACORN for all sorts of things, but most of these attacks have little to nothing to do with actual voter fraud, rather corruption in the organization. In truth people like yourself despise organizations like Acorn because they more than often help register people legally who will only vote Democratic. You think this is unfair, so then you result to attack the orgnization for all sorts of things, many of these accusations turn out to be twisted.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JValhalla

That's registration fraud not voter fraud. Voter ID wouldn't stop that.

Someone in another thread mentioned to me that voting doesn't matter but organization does. Voter fraud doesn't occur because individual votes hardly matter, unless it's a very contested area. If there's an organized, concerted effort to put a law or an individual in place it would be difficult to hide with the numbers you'd need in 99% of the districts.

We do have a voting problem in the country, making it more difficult to vote only worsens that problem.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Of course voter fraud is rampant. The people who are "members" of the tea party have been involved in politics for years and they were the ones committing the fraud. They know first hand that it exists because they were the ones doing it.

LOL. Cough up some names, make sure its every member of the TEA party with evidence and I will believe your blanket statement.

I don't really care if you believe it or not, I believe it because I saw it happen. My belief is really all that matters to me, your belief doesn't mount to a hill of beans as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

reply to post by PurpleChiten

Completely off the cuff remark with zero anything to back it up. Your remark is entirely based on hatred of the Tea Party.
ACORN, on the other hand, actually had convictions.

The dates on this page are all over the board but some going as far back as 1998

www.rottenacorn.com...

Oh, and people in your area imprisoned for voter fraud "fit the profile"? What profile did these people fit? Let's be specific here, but I think you are just talking.

edit on 25-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

Nope, it's based on what I have witnessed taking place in my small town. People I have known for years were involved and they were caught. In fact, people have "bought votes" in this area for over a century, these days they've just gotten downright blatant about it due to the arrogance and stupidity of the "tea party" and they got caught, just like they should.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

ACORN was fined $5000 for a voter registration compensation scheme. Not voter fraud.

Not allowed to link to source because of copyright?
edit on 25-8-2012 by links234 because: Whaaa...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

The number of those associated with ACORN is 54 according to the WND site

In “Subversion Inc.,” Vadum reports that at least 54 ACORN employees and individuals associated with ACORN have been convicted of voter fraud. Voter fraud is a blanket term coined by lawyers. It refers to fraudulent voting, identify fraud, perjury, voter registration fraud, forgery and a variety of crimes related to the electoral process.

www.wnd.com...

Seems you didn't read my link?
edit on 25-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: typos

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Good ol' World Net Daily, do you have any shame using them as a source? Are you going to reference me their articles on the anti-christ and a possible plot by the chinese to invade America next?

The incentive program — dubbed Blackjack or 21-Plus — gave workers an extra $5 each shift they gathered 21 or more filled out voter registration cards. Prosecutors said ACORN authorized a Las Vegas field worker to run the illegal compensation program.

Under Nevada law it is “unlawful for a person to provide compensation for registering voters that is based upon the total number of voters a person registers.”

Read more: www.politico.com...

They were fined for paying their employees to register voters, they weren't fined $5000 for actual voter fraud.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

In truth people like yourself despise organizations like Acorn because they more than often help register people legally who will only vote Democratic.

Vote early. Vote often.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

54 convictions since 2008? 54 convictions is not evidence of "rampant fraud". Maybe you have a completely different definition for it.

Do you have any sources to link us to aside from World Net Daily? Can you for once move outside of that square of yours?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

More than a dozen on this site...it's not WND...you don't expect CNN or msnbc to report it do you?

www.verumserum.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join