It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plant officials stop flouridating water... Get put on leave

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If you knew about plaque and atherosclerosis; you would already know what I said is implied. The site only mentioned the correlation between fluoride and calcification; which as Dr. Jane showed, fluoride binds to calcium, thus being involved in the calcification.
edit on 26-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Well, apparently a very slight majority of the people of Waterloo voted to have fluoridation stopped. That's fine, if that's what they want.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Iwinder

Well, apparently a very slight majority of the people of Waterloo voted to have fluoridation stopped. That's fine, if that's what they want.

That is not "if they wanted to" that is what they wanted!
Your reading skills slip when you are presented with a link comparing two Provinces with a combined population of over 10 million and with night and day uses of Fluoride with dental statistics....
I am calling you out right now, either read the full article or stop posting here with your supposed intelligence.

Stop cherry picking and read this quote as follows....

TextOn April 16, Martin Mittelstaedt of the Globe and Mail reported that, “When it comes to fluoridating drinking water, Ontario and Quebec couldn’t be further apart. Ontario has the country’s highest rate of adding the tooth-enamel-strengthening chemical into municipal supplies, while Quebec has one of the lowest, with practically no one drinking fluoridated water.” “More than three-quarters of Ontario residents live in areas where municipal water supplies contain the chemical. In Quebec, 94 per cent have water free of the additive, according to figures published by Health Canada in 2007. Since then, Quebec City has voted to stop fluoridating, indicating that the difference between the two provinces is currently even more pronounced.” “But surprisingly, the two provinces have very little difference in tooth-decay rates, a finding that is likely to intensify the ongoing controversy over the practice of adding fluoride to water as a public health measure.” HEALTH CONCERNS Hardy Limeback, the head of the preventive dentistry program at the University of Toronto, says, “Fluoridation is no longer effective (and adding the chemical to water is) more harmful than beneficial.” “A number of medical journal studies have linked exposure to altered thyroid function, and to reduced IQ levels in children, although the intellectual impairments were found at levels of the chemical in water well above those used for municipal supplies. The most worrisome study, by Harvard researchers, appeared in 2006 in the journal Cancer Causes and Control and found that boys aged 7 exposed to high levels of fluoridated water were about four times more likely to develop childhood osteosarcoma. It’s a rare bone cancer that felled Canadian icon Terry Fox and almost always leads to amputations.”

Please share your information that proves this is all hog wash.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

So please explain to me why they prescribe Prozac ,which the main ingredient in sodium fluoride, to a patient who has a history of thyroid problems when it is a known fact that fluoride disrupts the Thyroid gland.

Actually the active ingredient is fluoxetine (C17H18F3NO•HCl). It contains no sodium fluoride. Perhaps "they" didn't know about the thyroid problems? Or perhaps Prozac is not actually contraindicated in the case of thyroid problems.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A simple google search of fluoxetine and sodium fluoride as keywords would prove you wrong. Also how could they not know that if it's their job to know? Also try researching Prozac and thyroid damage. You are wrong in the wrongest way sir.

www.fluoridealert.org...

www.ehealthme.com...

poisonfluoride.com...

If you couldn't tell; you are losing this argument of fluoride being Beneficial in the namesake of healthy teeth. So does all the other health problems associated with it constitute the waivering of them in the name of cavities? No, it doesn't.

edit on 26-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

For Phage and Everyone Else

I will tell you Phage - fluoride is a poison and the cabal/illuminati/whatever like to make money. Psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissists do not have the capacity for empathy and that means they do whatever they want with NO regard for the consequensces.

Placing fluoride in medications is just a convenient way to get rid of the POISON called fluoride and making money in the process is a bonus. What - people are at risk and developing health problems - the cabal/illuminati/whatever do not care.

Phage you are what is called a sleeper - you don't even know it - that is what mind control is all about. You are mind controlled and relying on information that is accessible to you because you can press a button on a government controlled computer system. You can quote and cut and paste and reference with the aid of a button and unfortunately - you don't even realise that you are not using your cognitive abilities. Being able to synthesise the information accessed via the internet means you are exercising your cognitive abilities - pressing cut and paste buttons - that means you are exercising your motor skills and not your intellect.

Ingesting fluoride will keep you in the mind controlled state. A few other 'locations' for sodium fluoride are toothpaste, infant formula, juice, soft drink, wine, beer, teflon pans, rat poison, prozac, cockroach poison, anaesthetics, hypnotics, psychiatric drugs and armed services nerve gas. I am sure the list could be continued.

Sodium fluoride was used by the Nazis to sterilize inmates and make them docile. Sodium fluoride is a key dumbing down ingredient of Prozac and sarin nerve gas and many other medications.

NB For Phage only - please see my previous posts for references. I will not tolerate you attacking this post or my personal research - it is disrespectful. Just remember you have every right to join a disussion but do not have the right to assault the intellectual property of people - who are attempting to engage in healthy discussion and explore their society within their learning styles. You obviously have your mind set on fluoride and that is your right and I support that. You have the right and the ability to move away from this thread. If you don't I will choose to ignore your responses as I know many others do already. I am a very peaceful person and I refuse to let you spoil my peace.

To continue - Scientific evidence over the past fifty years plus has shown that sodium fluoride shortens our life span, promotes various cancers and mental disturbances and most importantly - makes humans stupid, docile and subservient all in one neat package.

For people who are interested I am utilising excerpts from a paper I wrote and presented to my local council - within my posts in this thread. My local council took notice and have attentioned the fluoridation of our local water.

Much Peace...

edit on 26-8-2012 by Amanda5 because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I didn't know you wanted a review of the entire article and I'm still not sure what you're trying to point me to but I'll try to figure it out from the quote you provided.

Regarding the "very little difference in tooth-decay rates". I found the article by Martin Mittlestaedt about that.

Quebeckers have more cavities than people in Ontario, but the difference is slight. Among children 6 to 19, considered the most decay-prone part of the population, the rate in Ontario was lower by less than half a cavity per child.

In the 6-11 age group, Ontario kids have 3.5 per cent fewer cavities than those in Quebec: 1.7 cavities compared to 1.76 in Quebec.

In the 12-19 age group, Ontario youths have 15.8 per cent fewer cavities than those in Quebec: 2.35 cavities compared to 2.79.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

The study spanned 2 years (2007-2009) so all of the children had grown up while drinking water with fluoride in it. Presumably it had some effect on the development of their teeth during that time. It might be more instructive to look at cases where fluoridation was never in use.

Comparisons of communities where water is fluoridated and communities where water remains unfluoridated show a reduced prevalence of dental caries in the range of 18-40 % when fluoridation is used (4). A recent study established the rate of caries reduction at 25 % (23). It is postulated that this estimate is more conservative than those reported in the past because the general population now enjoys the benefits of fluoride from other sources,
such as fluoride-enriched toothpaste and vitamin supplements.

www.inspq.qc.ca...

Regarding the 7 year old boys? The ones exposed to "high levels" of fluoridated water? Here's what the primary member of the team says about it:

In a letter to the editor of the journal Cancer Causes Control,13 Chester
Douglass, principal investigator of the Harvard study, advises readers to be
cautious when interpreting the findings, noting the following reasons:
• The preliminary findings from the overall analysis of the cases identified between 1993 and 2000 (second set of cases) do not show an association
between osteosarcoma and fluoride in drinking water.

www.ada.org.au...

Did I miss anything?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by golemina

This is incorrect. Distilled water is the best in the world to drink; it is completely pure H2O, with no contaminants making it possible to detox your body from the current contaminants. Don't give me that: "You lose minerals and nutrients!" bit. It should be noted that the 'minerals and nutrients' in water are inorganic and your body can not even use them.

I guess Veritas would be in the eye of the beholder.

You might want to take another look at your dogma.

'Minerals and nutrients' in water are inorganic.

Negatory good buddy!

When you view 'pure' water as just H2O... You've absolutely missed the mark.

Water IS alive. (Just like blood is alive!).

If you drink ONLY distilled water... You're gonna have real health problems.

The BEST water in the world to drink is SPRING water.

Your 'thought' process is mainstream conventional 'Science'... and TOTALLY out of touch with REALITY.

A lot like 'Fluoride' being added to toothpaste.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by jeantherapy

Boron has an extremely high PH level of 9-10. It has been shown to be effective in cases of cancer; due to the fact that cancer can only exist in an acidic body. It can not live in a host or body that has a PH level higher than 7. I would say that distilled would be better than spring due to chemtrails adding aluminum which binds to fluoride and allows it to make it's way past the blood brain barrier and cause Alzheimers.

There is no way you have a REAL basis for these claims.

SPRING water by definition comes out of the ground. (You want to get it from some type of height. Otherwise, it might not really be Mother Earth type 'SPRING' water.
).

It simply isn't exposed to the atmosphere (or surface contaminants
).

Your info about cancer being a toxicity disease is for the most part correct.

Your best bet to simply expire cancer is to switch to a Vegan type diet with LOTS of fresh SPRING water.

I'll watch you eat your Boron.

Remember folks... Fluoride = Major CNS problems. (besides making you seriously stupid overnight!)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

A simple google search of fluoxetine and sodium fluoride as keywords would prove you wrong.

Looking for "keywords" can often lead you astray if you don't know what it is you are reading. Please provide a source for your claim that sodium fluoride is the primary ingredient in Prozac.

Also how could they not know that if it's their job to know?
Are they mind readers? But fine, blame the doctor who prescribed it if you want.

I don't see anything in those links about thyroid damage but I do see that it can affect thyroid hormone levels in rare cases. Your second link says this:

35,378 people reported to have side effects when taking Prozac. Among them, 1 people (0.00%) has Thyroid Problems.

www.ehealthme.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Just remember you have every right to join a disussion but do not have the right to assault the intellectual property of people - who are attempting to engage in healthy discussion and explore their society within their learning styles.
I see, so as long as I agree with you it's ok. If I disagree it's an "assault".

You have presented none of your own "intellectual property" but if you are saying I don't have the right to disagree and present counter arguments you are way out of line.

edit on 8/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

"When fluoridation started 60 years ago, doctors thought swallowing the chemical was beneficial by strengthening teeth from the inside out. Dr. Limeback said more recent research shows that if there is a benefit, it is from the topical application of fluoride to the surface of teeth, which suggests that brushing with a toothpaste is more effective than drinking water containing the chemical."

Thanks for the information posted above from your link you so kindly provided......
Enough said I think.

Even myself with my boring life here I wish you no ill will and in fact I pay serious attention to your posts in the science threads especially pertaining to the Solar system and such.

But you seem to be wallowing here and I suggest you do lots and lots of reading before you try posting on this topic again, especially since you are not subjected to the effects of Fluoride where you live.

Regards, Iwinder

No offense intended here.

Please read the following from the above quote......"if there is a benefit"

edit on 26-8-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by hawkiye

Or get a nice filter

That would work.

'Filters'?

Please!

If you are drinking 'surface water management' recycled water... You're basically drinking the trany fluid off of your neighbors driveway.

NO AMOUNT of filtering will make that water healthful!

You can PH adjust all you want... it is STILL... DEAD WATER.

The problem is that even alternative health people have been brainwashed into viewing water as simply an INORGANIC substance.

Which it ain't!

You would think (Veritas?
) that simple water being able to dissolve SO much would be kinda of a BIG clue!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hey Phage.

Your 'study' about something so insanely complex as cavity rates among different populations centers represents the ABSOLUTE worse kind of 'Science' being practiced these days.

It represents the type of 'learned' statistics that gave us my favorite example of deficient thinking... the gene that 'caused' Autism (with a whopping .4%, that's right! 4 tenths of one percent). But hey, they were laying the groundwork for some type of gene therapy!

There is a LOT more solid footing you could use to support your argument that Fluoride is somehow automagically good for you...

Apparently, cuz you say so!

Love your rhetorical antics with regards to Amanda...

BTW, she is eating your lunch.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Thanks for the information posted above from your link you so kindly provided......
Enough said I think.
Your welcome. I always try to provide my sources.

I wonder what "more recent" research Dr. Limeback was talking about. The pieces of research cited in my post are from 2001.

Here's one from 2007:

The prevented fraction for water fluoridation was 27% (95%CI: 19%–34%). These findings suggest that fluoride prevents caries among adults of all ages.

jdr.sagepub.com...
Brushing your teeth with fluoride is a really good idea too. According to the study it prevents the same number of caries as fluoridation. So if you have both you should have more the 50% fewer cavities than someone who doesn't.

Wallowing? Really? I don't see it.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The European SCHER 'opinion' is not an impartial analysis.

This statement gives it away, and implicitly declares the side they favor

ec.europa.eu/health/scientific_committees/opinions_layman/fluoridation/en/l-3/3.htm#4

SCHER also agrees that a biological plausibility for the link between fluoridated water and IQ has not been established.

There are dozens of studies which provide mechanisms for fluoride neurotoxicity.

There are studies done in Europe on fluoride's effects on brain. Yet SCHER is happy to dismiss their own regional scientists.

Here is one from 1999, way before the analysis and that would be caught in the bibliographic literature search.

Origin - Dutch scientists at Toxicology Laboratory Leiden University Medical Center Leiden, The Netherlands.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10455554

Arch Physiol Biochem. 1999 Feb;107(1):15-21.

Fluoride enhances the effect of aluminium chloride on interconnections between aggregates of hippocampal neurons.

van der Voet GB, Schijns O, de Wolff FA.

Toxicology Laboratory Leiden University Medical Center Leiden, The Netherlands.

Abstract

The role of fluoride in aluminium neurotoxicity was studied using an in vitro system of cultured hippocampal neurons from foetal rats. Sodium fluoride (50 microM) and aluminium chloride (12.5 microM) were administered alone or in a specific combination (50 + 12.5 microM) in a 14-day culture in a chemically defined medium before staining of neurofilaments. Neuronal aggregates interconnected by neuritic fibers were detected light microscopically in control cultures. The aggregates and the fibers stained positive for neurofilament proteins. In cultures treated with aluminium chloride the development of the interconnecting fibers was affected, resulting in a fusion pattern of the aggregates. This phenomenon was enhanced when sodium fluoride was given together with aluminum chloride. It was concluded that aluminium interferes with the metabolism of the neuronal cytoskeleton and that this interference is potentiated by fluoride.

PMID: 10455554 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Fulltext at Scribd free of paywalls for anyone interested

www.scribd.com/doc/15970836
edit on 26-8-2012 by wujotvowujotvowujotvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

I'd like to comment on filtering water. During my research I came across information on a survival website - it was a link that I followed and I stopped to read it because it gave clear examples on how to clean up water in a survival or disaster situation. I am sure there are many survival sites that can provide the information in detail.

Sodium fluoride was mentioned and I learned that sodium fluoride is next to impossible to remove from water. It was by reading the information presented that I learned boiling fluoridated water actual increases the potency of the fluoride. This was the moment I synthesized everything I had read about fluoride and ceased drinking and cooking with tap water knowing it contained fluoride and was impossible to remove.

From the research I conducted - it is next to impossible to remove fluoride from water - by any method. I worked through my anger quickly and that is when I wrote a short paper and contacted my local council. They welcomed me warmly but were shellshocked by the information contained in my paper - as I read it to them. They were very interested in the information and took notice and listed my concerns for action before I even left the meeting.

I underlined the fact to the council members that fluoride is mass medication and the only way to remove it from the water supply is to not put it in. I also underlined the opportunity for litigation particularly class actions against council. It is only a matter of time.

I will include an excerpt from my paper for those who are interested;

Tonight I present and share information that stands to stimulate the intellect of all who are present as well as mitigate any future legal applications directed at Council by educated people who address their health concerns with depth and in meticulous detail. There are many citizens who are exploring their health and addressing their ailments with concern at how in a - supposedly - advanced society - that illnesses are still not being eradicated in 2012. There is a very logical reason why people are still developing illnesses that should not be the blight they are - it is because we are living a lifestyle so fast and so managed by pressing buttons for instant gratification that we are missing the true content of the information presented and we hurriedly communicate without asking probing questions.

I can share more of my paper if any one is interested - particularly in that it got a reaction and action before I even left the room.

Much Peace...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If you want the cleanest and safest water that you can have, boil it. They've been doing that for over 2,000 years now. The logic that we can expand on something as basic as water and make it "better" escapes me. It really does. There is no one on this planet who can go into a laboratory and make water from scratch, but yet we think we can make something better out of that which we can't even make in the first place.

The "logic" of some people simply amazes me sometimes.

edit on 26-8-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: Guess

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wujotvowujotvowujotvo

Ok.
A study showed that fluoride increases the toxicity of aluminum chloride. No mention of problems with just fluoride.

The concentration of sodium fluoride used was about 2ppm. That is twice that used for water fluoridation. It was also an in vitro experiment. That means that the fluoride and aluminum were direct applied to to rat brain cells. I wonder how much fluoridated water (and aluminum chloride) you would have to consume to reach such in vivo concentrations. But we know high concentrations of fluoride are can be harmful. That's why there are EPA limits.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

It was by reading the information presented that I learned boiling fluoridated water actual increases the potency of the fluoride.

Not sure what you mean by "potency". It would increase the concentration of fluoride. Boiling water will do that to any minerals in the water because some of the water evaporates. The only thing boiling water does is kill pathogens. However, if you capture and collect the steam that would be nice pure water.

From the research I conducted - it is next to impossible to remove fluoride from water - by any method.
Perhaps you should look into reverse osmosis. It won't remove everything (some fluoride, some barium some aluminum will remain), but close enough. If you want better you'll have to go distilled.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join