It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plant officials stop flouridating water... Get put on leave

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Gilbert plant not fluoridating water; 2 town official put on leave

GILBERT, Ariz. -- Gilbert residents who voted more than a decade ago to have fluoride added to their water were dismayed to learn recently that they have not been getting it for more than a year. Two city officials have been placed on leave in connection with the situation.

According to Dana Berchman, the town's chief digital officer, Gilbert officials were recently informed that the fluoridation process has not been happening at the North Water Treatment Plant for at least the past 13 months.

Gilbert voters approved fluoridation in November 2000.

source

So I found this article to be interesting it sucks that these people got in trouble for doing a good thing for their community. It's too bad they probably will never see the truth of water fluoridation. I think these officials should be praised. Oh and I just love the "drink your fluoride!!!! Its good for you!!!" propaganda thrown in here too.
edit on 25-8-2012 by lobotomizemecapin because: oops

edit on 25/8/12 by masqua because: Trimmed quote & added 'ex' tags

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Theres enough oddness around fluoride to make it as dodgy as hell where theyre adding it unnecessarily .
That and people flouridated to the eyeballs via toothpaste abuse dont even care .
So s&fs for you op

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is interesting because all the testing regarding Flouride that was done within controlled settings produced liver and bone cancer in rats. The larger part of Europe has not been adding Flouride to their water because of the known health risks. Why do we allow this, or should I ask why does the government support this? population control, long-term planning.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
For anyone who doubts the toxic effects of Sodium Fluoride - just research the Material Safety Data Sheet. There is a safety data sheet for every chemical. Some of you won't be surprised to read what is on it and some of you will be surprised.

The workers at Gilbert Council are heroes and stepped over the boundaries of brain washed/mind controlled insanity into the dimension of sanity. More power to them - if there is a legal dispute they just need the right legal representative because the information available about Sodium Fluoride is everywhere.

Much Peace...to all the Heroes on this planet who are stepping through imaginary boundaries and fear to do what is right - what is healthy and what is needed...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I completely agree. I drink distilled water and make sure the only water my daughter drinks is distilled as well.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by aware6788

This is interesting because all the testing regarding Flouride that was done within controlled settings produced liver and bone cancer in rats.
This is interesting. All of the testing? At what concentrations?

Animal and human studies have examined other possible risks from fluoride intake. They have not found clear links between fluoride and bone cancer, or with other suggested risks such as neurological or reproductive effects.

The larger part of Europe has not been adding Flouride to their water because of the known health risks.
Which is "the larger part"? Maybe that could be because there is more than enough natural fluoride present.

The scenarios suggest that the tolerable limit is not exceeded in areas with artificially fluoridated drinking water, which has a good deal less fluoride than is found in the regions with the highest naturally occurring levels.

European Commision/Health and Consumers

edit on 8/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The Material Data Safety Sheet for Sodium Fluoride has a section - 3. Hazards Identification. Listed in that section is this ; Severe over-exposure can result in death.

Just prior to that comment - this is listed in the same section ; Potential Acute Health Effects: Hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant) of eye contact (irritant, corrosive) of ingestion, of inhalation.

The final sentence in Section 3 reads ; Repeated exposure to a highly toxic material may produce general deterioration of health by an accumulation in one or many human organs.

Just prior to the last line in Section 3; The substance may be toxic to kidneys, lungs, the nervous system, heart, gastrointestinal tract, cardiovascular system, bones, teeth.

After much reading I have learned, via medical professionals that even when a person takes measures to eradicate sodium fluoride from their body it is next to impossible to remove from bones.

I urge and encourage members and viewers of this website to read the entire Material Data Safety Sheet and to read widely on the subject of SODIUM FLUORIDE. Calcium Fluoride is naturally occurring SODIUM FLUORIDE is toxic industrial waste. For those who prefer learning via visual and audio stimulus I highly recommend the documentary Firewater: Australias Industrial Fluoride Disgrace.

Much Peace...
edit on 25-8-2012 by Amanda5 because: Spelling

edit on 25-8-2012 by Amanda5 because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Yes. You don't want to handle or eat solid sodium flouride.

Physical state and appearance: Solid. (Crystals solid. crystalline powder.)
www.sciencelab.com...

But calcium flouride is fine because it's "natural". Oh wait. Maybe not.

Special Remarks on Chronic Effects on Humans:
May affect genetic material (mutagenic). May cause adverse reproductive effects and birth defects (teratogenic) based on animal test data.

Special Remarks on other Toxic Effects on Humans:
Acute Potential Health Effects: Skin: May cause skin irritation. Eyes: May cause eye irritation. Inhalation: Causes respiratory tract irritation. Ingestion: May cause gastrointestinal irritaiton with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, salivation, thirst, abdominal pain, fever, labored breathing (respiratory depression, apnea, dyspnea). Exposure to fluorides may also cause disturbed color vision, hypocalcemia, hyperkalemia, and hypomagnesemia, and may result in systemic toxic effects on the heart/cardiovascular system (hypotension, tachycardia, arrhythmia, weak pulse, cardiovascular collapse), liver (hepatic enzymes increased), and kidneys (abnormal renal function, renal damage). It may also affect behavior/Central Nervous System (CNS depression - headache, dizziness, weakness, somnolence, ataxia, loss of conciousness). Other neurological symptoms of acute fluoride ingestion may include muscle weakness, difficulty speaking, fitfulness(hyperreflexia), tetany, numbness or tingling of the extremities. Chronic Potential Health Effects: Skin: Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermititis. Inhalation: Prolonged or repeated inhalation may cause bronchitis, asmtha, silicosis, increase in respiratory infections, pulmonary lesions. Ingestion: Prolonged or repeated ingestion cause diseases of the blood, teeth, bones and other organs (osteosclerosis, fluorosis). (Fluorisis is characterized by vomiting, diarrhea or constipation, weakness joint stiffness, loss of appetite, anemia).
And let's not forget this part:

Severe over-exposure can produce lung damage, choking, unconsciousness or death.

www.sciencelab.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
www.fluoridealert.org...

This is a great list.

Here is number 22:

Fluoride may damage the brain. According to the National Research Council (2006), "it is apparent that fluorides have the ability to interfere with the functions of the brain." In a review of the literature commissioned by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), fluoride has been listed among about 100 chemicals for which there is "substantial evidence of developmental neurotoxicity." Animal experiments show that fluoride accumulates in the brain and alters mental behavior in a manner consistent with a neurotoxic agent (Mullenix 1995). In total, there have now been over 100 animal experiments showing that fluoride can damage the brain and impact learning and behavior. According to fluoridation proponents, these animal studies can be ignored because high doses were used. However, it is important to note that it takes 5-20 times more fluoride to reach the same plasma levels in rats as reached in humans (Sawan 2010). In fact, one animal experiment found effects at remarkably low doses (Varner 1998). In this study, rats fed for one year with 1 ppm fluoride in their water (the same level used in fluoridation programs), using either sodium fluoride or aluminum fluoride, had morphological changes to their kidneys and brains, an increased uptake of aluminum in the brain, and the formation of beta-amyloid deposits which are associated with Alzheimer's disease. Other animal studies have found effects on the brain at water fluoride levels as low as 5 ppm (Liu 2010).(For a complete listing of these studies.

Actually 22-27 are pretty serious.

Also check out the figure 1 chart on the webpage. Seems like most countries were in a downward trend in tooth decay prior to fouridation of water. Go figure!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Natural fluoride is called Calcium Fluoride and it is used to counter fluoride poisoning when it occurs.

Not natural is fluorosilicate acid, sodium silicofluoride and sodium fluoride.

The fluoride that is added to water supplies contains hexafluorosilicic acid and sodium siliocofluoride - it is highly toxic and classified as hazardous waste. When it has been packaged for transport, it must by law be labelled as a poison and people handling the transport of the poison must wear complete industrial protective gear.

Sodium fluoride is a synthetic waste product of the nuclear, aluminium and phosphate fertilizer industries. The fluoride has an amazing capacity to combine and increase the potency of other toxic materials. The sodium fluoride obtained from industrial waste and added to water supplies is also already contaminated with lead,aluminium and cadmium.

The key word here is POISON. The key question is - Why is it being placed in our water?????

Much Peace...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The point is people paid for Flouride and got none. So where did the money go

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I notice you spell fluoride as flouride - like the flour we use in cooking. Is that the American spelling for the chemical fluoride. I thought you had a scientific background - just wondering why your spelling is different to all the science research I have conducted. Curious.

Much Peace...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Natural fluoride is called Calcium Fluoride and it is used to counter fluoride poisoning when it occurs.
I provided the MSDS sheet for calcium fluoride above. It doesn't seem to be any more safe than sodium fluoride. So the treatment for fluoride poisoning is more fluoride? Source?

The fluoride that is added to water supplies contains hexafluorosilicic acid and sodium siliocofluoride - it is highly toxic and classified as hazardous waste.
Then why pick on sodium fluoride?

it is highly toxic and classified as hazardous waste
Really? Untreated hazardous waste is added to drinking water. That's disturbing. Can you provide a source for that claim?

When it has been packaged for transport, it must by law be labelled as a poison and people handling the transport of the poison must wear complete industrial protective gear.
Ditto (sourcing). But we know the solid forms of fluorides are not pleasant to get be in contact with.

The sodium fluoride obtained from industrial waste and added to water supplies is also already contaminated with lead, aluminum and cadmium.

What form of lead, aluminum, and cadmium? Water soluble compounds? At what concentrations? You know that lead, aluminum, and cadmium are found naturally in drinking water too, right? You know that the levels of lead and cadmium (and fluoride) are regulated right? You know that if those levels are exceeded the water must be treated, right?

The key word here is POISON. The key question is - Why is it being placed in our water?????
Too much of anything is poisonous. To help prevent tooth decay.

I will attempt to do better with my spelling.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

While usually I agree with the stuff you post regarding many other topics I have to say you are wrong on this one. I imagine consuming arsenic in certain amounts would not show any immediate damage to your body but would probably be very harmful in many ways in the long term. Fluoride is every bit as hazardous as arsenic in certain quantities and most likely causes many hard core medical conditions for those who consume it on a regular basis

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

I imagine consuming arsenic in certain amounts would not show any immediate damage to your body but would probably be very harmful in many ways in the long term.
Yes. In "certain quantities" prolonged exposure to arsenic is harmful. That is why there are water quality standards which address it (0.010 ppm in the US). That is why in areas with high natural levels the water is treated.

Fluoride is every bit as hazardous as arsenic in certain quantities and most likely causes many hard core medical conditions for those who consume it on a regular basis.
What "certain quantities"? The hazards posed by high levels of fluoride are quite different than those posed by arsenic as are the levels at which they become toxic. Yes. In "certain quantities" prolonged exposure to fluoride is harmful. That is why there are water quality standards which address it (4 ppm in the US). That is why in areas with high natural levels the water is treated.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Did you forget the Amesbury, Massachusetts case?

Chinese Fluoride In Mass. Water Raises Concern
Team 5 Investigates After Amesbury Pulls Sodium Fluoride From Water Supply
10:00 AM EDT Mar 16, 2010

www.wcvb.com/Chinese-Fluoride-In-Mass-Water-Raises-Concern/-/9849586/11295748/-/121dwejz/-/index.html

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The good thing about this is, that all of us conspiracy freaks who have been warning about the dangers
of flouride and insisting that It does NOTHING to prevent cavities will finally be proven wrong once a study is done on this town which proves that dentists have filled a record number of cavities in the past 13 months.

That IS what is gonna happen..........isn't it?

I mean, the cavities the people in this town must have now,..... right?

...........fellas?

I mean, they ARE gonna have alot of cavities now aren't they?

On a side note,
I would like to see the test scores in school from this period compared to last years.

edit on 25-8-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Not really.
13 months isn't likely to make much of a difference.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Since you are apprantly an expert on this (and EVERY) subject ( that even remotely challenges the official government sanctioned authorized and approved version of reality) then tell us please,
what IS the magic number of months or years in which one could expect to see a difference?

edit to add:

ohhh sorry, never mind, I know how to use Google in order to find the official government sanctioned authorized and apprroved version of reality too.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I don't think he is a good expert to argue fluoride honestly. Much less figure his intentions and/or mental reward he expects to win out of such debate.

Fluoride is a topic in which a sceptic's approach have far less ground for "correct, last word" they enjoy.

Notice no reply to above Amesbury, Massachusetts post from ABC News WCVB affiliate that undermines one of his points.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join