It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bride Falls off waterfall during photo session

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Horror as bride plunges to her death in wedding dress while posing for pictures in front of waterfall

A bride posing for photographs in her wedding gown has drowned after her dress got wet and dragged her into a river near a 'violently' rushing waterfall in Canada.

The 30-year-old, who has not been named because police haven't notified all of her family, was standing on a rock when she slipped and fell into the Ouareau River near Dorwin Falls, north of Montreal, at around 2.30pm. Her body was found several hours later, around 6pm.

The woman yelled 'I'm slipping, I'm slipping, I'm slipping,' before falling off the rock she was perched on for her wedding pictures, according to CBC.

'She was doing the photo shoot in about 6 inches or 1-foot of water when part of her wedding dress got soaked and became extremely heavy,' McInnis told MailOnline.

'She started slipping and falling down when the photographer grabbed her but she was too heavy that he couldn't pull her from the edge.

'Another person tried to grab her but also was unable to save her from falling into the river.'

McInnes said the woman, from Laval, a small Island north of Montreal, was found 100-feet from where she fell by a private diver who knows the river and volunteered to help with the search.

The diver pulled her body, still clad in her voluminous wedding dress, from the river, which was 20-foot deep in the part she was found.

'She had sunk to the bottom,' McInnes said.

This is sad. To have a tragedy like this happen on your wedding day is unthinkable

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 25-8-2012 by lobotomizemecapin because: oops

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

This is unbelievable tragic. My God

Wow. I just can't imagine...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Woman falls from tower...blocked by cables

shar.es...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
how awful, how the husband must feel i cant even imagine...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by magicalearth

Apparently he wasn't present when it happened. It was just the wife, the photographer and the assistant.

Being present, and not being present, are horrible for different horrible reasons

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Holy F*** ! That is one of the most terrible things I have ever heard. Wow very sad...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
that's so sad.
would it be bad to mention darwin award's?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Oh how horrible

This is just sad. It was her special day and she died on it. I can only imagine what went through her mind and the other people's minds as she went over the side.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kino321

would it be bad to mention darwin award's?

Yeah, it is bad.

I assume that was a legitimate question asking for a legitimate response? In which case yes you're an insensitive jerk. To say the least.

It's no Darwin Award. How could they anticipate her dress getting water heavy like that? Most people would not have predicted the dress to cause that...

Send condolences to the dead and leave it at that.
edit on 26-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Thats is just horrible news my thoughts are with them both , how cruel life can be ,i hope he has good friends around him to help him through this

top topics

join