It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Hopeful Reintroduction to God

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I've had the worst year of my life and feel that I've stepped off of some path. This entire thing is going to sound stupid and it's okay if you judge me for choosing religion or whatever, but I honestly don't care at this point. A year ago in July my grandfather died and I had the worst year of my life. Not long after, my dog died and that was just about the last straw because it was a long drawn out suffering. I didn't turn to God for my problems, however, I turned to alcohol. I have an alcohol problem and I'm going to admit it.

Tonight after stealing liquor from my mother's stash to hide the pain of going back to a life I do not believe in, I have made a realization (kind of a "duh" moment) . So I prayed for forgiveness and apologized all that and prayed for guidance and some sort of help. Not long after, I came back onto here and the most either perfect or coincidental banner ad appeared on the side of the screen. I think it was for some DVD or something, but the text on it was "God cannot forgive you until you forgive yourself." Giant coincidence or actual guidance, I think it would be for the best of me and everyone around me if I took this with more than a grain of salt. Maybe it's time to get back onto the right path in my life.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with turning to God for direction.

Don't let all the naysayers on here change your mind either. Good luck!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I see the whole banner thing as just a coincidence, but that's just me. Whatever you choose to do or believe, I wish you the best of luck, just don't expect 'god' to do everything for you. Only you can help yourself and get yourself back on the right path, nothing or no one can or will do it for you.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I am a new christian. Can I write a blessing for you?

edit: for me, at first it was hard to grasp that I was receiving messages that come in the form of situations, etc
God doesn't literally talk to you .. or not to me anyways because he's not a man and that's why he sent jesus as his messenger, in the form of a man so we would have a better chance of getting the full message.. He knew there would be doubts and rightfully so as we cannot possibly grasp the complexity of creating a whole universe
If you are truthful in your repentance, you will receive a message and I advise you to NOT wait for it unless you're the type to watch the clock tick.
God has a plan for everyone so when lives are cut short, that universe splits and a different outcome comes into play.
The creator is very busy these days so don't get discouraged if the answer doesn't come quickly, When it comes, you will know it's divine.
Peace
edit on 25-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Don't be too hard on yourself. You experienced two tragic losses. It's okay and NORMAL to feel pain when this happens. And the average person mourns a loved one for about two years. It's going to hurt and it's going to suck.

Theres nothing wrong with turning to religion, and I'm an agnostic. What matters is that you find peace. If a certain religion brings you peace, then well done.

Be careful with the alcohol. Don't be afraid to feel your emotions. Let yourself grieve; it really can make a difference.

My condolences for your loss. Much love for your recovery.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Let me tell you something. My Father went from an alcoholic who started drinking at age 10 or 12, visiting his kids once a month, calling once a month, to a man that finally gave himself to God one last time to help him get sober. My Father has been sober for the last 6-7 years, he's the Dad I always dreamed of having. God is great, disregard anyone on here living fine without him persuading you to feel otherwise.

And funny thing, he just called me while I was typing about him, he seems to always know when I'm talking about him, and I when he's talking about me. Very odd world we live in.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
Let me tell you something. My Father went from an alcoholic who started drinking at age 10 or 12, visiting his kids once a month, calling once a month, to a man that finally gave himself to God one last time to help him get sober. My Father has been sober for the last 6-7 years, he's the Dad I always dreamed of having. God is great, disregard anyone on here living fine without him persuading you to feel otherwise.

And funny thing, he just called me while I was typing about him, he seems to always know when I'm talking about him, and I when he's talking about me. Very odd world we live in.

Amazing to witness these things really. It can be a heavy experience at times because it gets so intricate

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Anyways I'm out. To the OP- if you decide the answer is yes, i will give some time and write one for you.
In the meantime, take care

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
and now for the down side
God doesnt fix things for us in this world, God asks us to hold tight to Him and acccept the brokenness we constantly live in.
Gods promise in Jesus is not for the here and now, things wont get better. They just get easier to accept.
The promise is for the new kingdom to come, the relationship with Him restored.
Things dont get easier when you become a Christian, when you accept God, we just get a clearer understanding of the picture

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
and now for the down side
God doesnt fix things for us in this world, God asks us to hold tight to Him and acccept the brokenness we constantly live in.
Gods promise in Jesus is not for the here and now, things wont get better. They just get easier to accept.
The promise is for the new kingdom to come, the relationship with Him restored.
Things dont get easier when you become a Christian, when you accept God, we just get a clearer understanding of the picture

i would argue there is a burden of sorts when you receive the full blessing of the lord. There are many positives of course, as he is the epitome of love, it comes with the territory.
Later guys.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
If you get a chance then check out the videos on this thread.
They were found on an ats add also.
Someone is spending money to get these ads on here.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Synchronicity at its best. God is so cool.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have the power to bring the dead to life. This is my evidence....IED ATTACK SOLDIER FIGHTS BACK on documentingreality.com. Archangel METATRON is verified disclose.tv/kenny/ ....that IS the GODSTONE. i am not giving up my fight against death. There are three spears of destiny, verified, and one memoir of an instrument.these are the five trees of the gospel of Thomas i have consumed the GODSTONE and the instrument. i commend time. I command time. ATTOWA, NUCLEAR PISTOL, CITY IN A BOX.... I am WITH your military. I am awesome. I dont have my brain. Manchild prophecy. I am halfcasing. I h.ave a pys.ical kiigdom USURPERED twice overtaken

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KennyDurazo

You said you ate metatron.
What the heck are you talking about and how does it relate to this particular thread?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by KennyDurazo

Are you smoking Salvia?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
God does speak to us, and His greatest way of doing so is when we read the Bible. do it every day. you will be amazed at what you get out of it....

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinistryOfFact
God does speak to us, and His greatest way of doing so is when we read the Bible. do it every day. you will be amazed at what you get out of it....

edit on 26-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Actually thats just a little over half the story.
I have been a Christian over twenty years and have never had God speak to me. His word is good though tricky, best one goes to a good church that teaches the bible. Get into a community of Christians. get in to fellowship as well as read the word
Avoid healing ministries and happy clappy crap. Jesus was about the Gospel, not healing or worshipping.
Good teaching and good fellowship.you will be amazed at what you get out of it...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Theres no such thing as coinsidence... Even the word discribes two "incidences" comming togther...

Everything happens for a reason my friend

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Actually thats just a little over half the story.
I have been a Christian over twenty years and have never had God speak to me. His word is good though tricky, best one goes to a good church that teaches the bible. Get into a community of Christians. get in to fellowship as well as read the word
Avoid healing ministries and happy clappy crap. Jesus was about the Gospel, not healing or worshipping.
Good teaching and good fellowship.you will be amazed at what you get out of it...

That's great advice....it took me awhile to find a church like that. I actually played guitar in my churches praise and worship team and became comvicted that the whole "contemporary worship" was just wrong. I wound up coaching my sons church league basketball team at a different church at around the same time and attended a wed. night service there and the message was about the new vs. tradational church debate...i was convinced and after attending wed. services there for a few months changed churches and have never been happier. Im so glad to have a pastor who i never am bored by...in three years at my previous church all my kids got out of it was cool music as far as i can tell...it only took five weeks for my oldest to take a kneeand get saved...so God spoke to me thru conviction and then provided the answer to that conviction with a basketball league....but you're right about a good church...and especially the fellowship part. People that say that u don't have to go to church to be a christian are at the very least missing out on a blessing and at the worst they're just plain wrong...(hebrews 10:25)...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join