It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Longer To Serve and Protect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Even as a kid I remember every cop car in the city had the motto of 'To Serve and Protect'. I just happened to notice one car without that motto drive down my street. What's up with that?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Because they no longer serve and protect. They enforce and control.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I think they're waiting for the new stencils:

"To Kill or Imprison"

or maybe:

"Obey or we Shoot"

Peace

edit on 25-8-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
They do serve and protect.....themselves and other cops.

edit on 25-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

To Serve and Protect.......their employers.

How long before this thread is awash with leo's

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ive been saying this to anyone who will listen for a few years now. It is no longer "to serve and protect". The ideology is now "law enforcement", which, changes the entire mindset of cops, making everyone a "suspect" instead of a "civilian".

Scary, scary stuff.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
theses days its better to diffuse the conflict yourself....Cops = dead!

2nd

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by jiggerj

Because they no longer serve and protect. They enforce and control.

~Heff

That grill's t0 serve y0u sir, trust me.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It's not to serve and protect... It's to profile and document the unwashed masses tearing eachother apart, then dividing up the war booty after

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yup seems that way now-a-days.

Where I live I noticed the to protect and serve is gone as well. They have also had new stickers that say "Protect, Serve and enforce" . But I'm sure they're not enforcing the constitution with the new slogan, more like protect the government, serve the government and enforce a police state :p

It does seem weird the words changed though..

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Why promote false advertising? At least they are now being honest in that regard.

CJ

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The USSC agrees with you..

www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON, June 27 - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

Your safety isn't always, if ever, their concern. On a personal anecdotal note, I know cops here here I live that do follow the creed of serve and protect, even if it isn't what they are told to do.
edit on 25-8-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I am curious, have there been significant changes in the training of police officers in the past 10 years? Or is social media and the omnipresence of camera equipped cellphones just exposing the few bad apples like never before?

Because either there has been a shift in how police are trained, or just more incidents make it to the public consciousness.

Ive been saying this to anyone who will listen for a few years now. It is no longer "to serve and protect". The ideology is now "law enforcement", which, changes the entire mindset of cops, making everyone a "suspect" instead of a "civilian".

edit on 27-8-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It's all about the Benjamins baby. It has been for quite some time now.

There are still some good officers out there who do try to help the people. But if you look at the way funding is set up and the strings that come with the federal monies, you can see that priorities have definitely changed.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Oh fer pete's sake! It's decided by each department and/or their funding body. It's different in every town. There's no conspiracy here beyond some bureaucrat saying "Let's go with *that* one for the new cars".

top topics

join