It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney/Ryan Economic Plan: 12 Million Back To Work

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by repressed

You're absolutely right, I couldn't agree with you more. Just like businesses leaving California. They can also leave the United States.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

After all, does COCA-COLA have to have it's corporate headquarters in Georgia? Why not move to another country, work out a tax exempt plan with China, and pay no taxes?

Americans want things for free, on the cheap. Yet, we cannot live with the consequences by working for cheap or free.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
back to work?

yeah all the jobless will be going to work.....building bombs to drop on middle-eastern countries

or they will be working for tsa
edit on 26-8-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Well if the pay out by interest politicians can sell you a pack of lies and you believe them I got a piece of real state in the moon I am selling.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
Tax cuts in themselves, do not creat A JOB. Most tax cuts are used to reinvest into expanding, updating, upgrading existing infrastructure. This reinvestment creats a demand, that collectively stimulates the economy and therefore producing more demand. This demand will lead to more hiring.

And all of this leads to zero job creation, in fact the argument can be made modernizing leads to job loss. Making tax cuts nothing more than a short term boost with negligible effects over the long term. If tax cuts lead to long term sustained job creation the Bush era tax cuts should have had more than the anemic effect they did. Face it they did not lead to a roaring economic machine.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra
Whether I am in California or not, you are not answering my question. If I got a 10 trillion dollar tax break, WHY WOULD I HIRE MORE PEOPLE?

Because expansion of business means more income for the owner/shareholders.
That's economics 101 .... basic business sense.
Considering your statements .. I really doubt you are a small business owner.
You have absolutely no understanding of economics or business.

reply to post by Endorra

You are going around the boards causing problems and trolling .. attacking people for no reason on various threads.
ANNEE is a long standing member here. Stop the harrassment.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
ON TOPIC -

Romney/Ryan Economic Plan: 12 Million Back To Work

I view this statement much the same as I viewed Obama's (broken) promise that he wouldn't have any lobbiests in his White House. It's campaign rhetoric that can't be backed up. They may actually believe it ... but the reality will most likely be different. You know .... a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage ... that kind of campaign promise.

Romney wont' be elected so we'll never know if he could actually be Reagan-esque and create an American economic boom. However, considering how he left Massachussetts .. I doubt it would happen like he says.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I'll make is simple...you can take your tax cut to vegas, or you can reinvest in your business to grow it. There's my simple answer.

No, that is not a simple answer. That is a stupid answer. You obviously never owned a business. No one hires more people just because they have more money to do so.
I am eager as all hell to hear you explain how any other reality exists.

Thank you for being honest on the matter - and i agree 100% (even though i'm not a business owner). Anyone who's a decision maker in a company ( owner, manager, board, etc ) will make HR decisions based on the volume of business the company is engaged in - not the overall profitability of the company. By giving a tax break to small businesses, that provides more income for the business, but does not gurantee that a single job will be created without stimulating supply/demand.

To be candid, the GOP's advertisement of "tax breaks to 'job creators' (nice propaganda term there)" is nothing more then smoke and mirrors to inspire false hope in their voter base, preying on the population's current fears of the economy.

Don't fall for the lies.
edit on 26-8-2012 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Don't be so hasty, people learn from their mistakes, Romney like Obama were actually honest when they planned for their campaigns promises, but we already know that it doesn't matter the honesty or the intentions, America is run by a corporate dictatorship and they are the ones that pulls the strings, write the laws and control the nations economy and at the end of the piramid or food chain we the tax payer are been manipulated.

Sad but true.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

There are currently 12.8 million people out of work which works out to a 8.3% unemployement rate.

So if you are claiming they are going to put 12 million back to work...that means you think that the unemployment rate is goint to be 0.5%.

All I have to say to that is...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by Endorra

If you live in California does the tax cut you would receive outweigh the amount it costs you per employee beyond just their ordinary wages? Last I heard it was over $10,000 a year per employee. Kinda makes hiring a bad idea. There is a reason there are no jobs.

Whether I am in California or not, you are not answering my question. If I got a 10 trillion dollar tax break, WHY WOULD I HIRE MORE PEOPLE?

BECAUSE I CAN PRODUCE MORE IN LESS TIME ; AND...wait for it...WAIT for it...

MAKE EVEN MORE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

("Greed" for the lack of a better term : is Good: it motivates! As long as it costs less to hire more people than the value they produce and the company benefits: it will be "favorable";
no necessary to hire more workers.)

This is not "rocket science". A little more life experience and a few less poli-sci credits and it becomes glaringly obvious.

edit on 26-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2012 by 46ACE because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I'M VOTING FOR ROMNEY, BUT DEEP DOWN INSIDE I HOPE OBAMA WINS. IT SHOULDN'T BE ROMNEY'S PROBLEMS TO FIX THE PROBLEMS OF THE LEFT.

The unmistakable, indisputable facts:

Clinton let us with a budget surplus, a booming economy and a nation at peace.
Bush took that and turned it into the largest debt ever at the time, a crashing economy and two long, unfunded wars.

The historical fact is that government the economy does best and deficits come down under Democratic presidents. The Right's gift is talking a big game, but doing the opposite. The Right is the party of massive government and that's historically factual.

[atsimg]
[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You're correct: we suck; I'm truly hurt.
Next?

hold the phone "liberal trickster"!

There's: Lies damn lies and "statistics": Obamas 1.4% "increase in Growth" of what size budget vs. Reagans 8%"increase in growth" of what number?
I don't have the actual numbers at my finger tips: but 1.4%of the 2012 budget could be a ridiculously larger amount than 8% of a lesser
(1984sized) budget number.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Because expansion of business means more income for the owner/shareholders.
That's economics 101 .... basic business sense.
Considering your statements .. I really doubt you are a small business owner.
You have absolutely no understanding of economics or business.

Expansion also means increased risks when there is little or no increase in demand. Which is what we are seeing the U.S. due to the concentration of wealth at the top and the shrinking middle class. Investing in expansion could destroy the business in a down market.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Agree 100% businesses need demand to make hiring profitable. Chicken or the egg?
Which comes first jobs, certainty( and disposable income) or demand?.

The former creates the latter. Certainly "We have to pass the bill to see what's in it" and: "fundamentally change this nation"; "Hope( for what?)& "change"( to what?) breeds system crippling endemic uncertainty...

Re: taxcuts:

Make it easier to meet existing payroll or invest in new capital equipment and you ease the minds( reduce uncertainty/and resultant cautious behavior) of the shareholders and cfo.

If we don't quit worrying about the guy who has donewell and has more than "me";we willnever get out of this hole.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by RELDDIR

There are currently 12.8 million people out of work which works out to a 8.3% unemployement rate.

So if you are claiming they are going to put 12 million back to work...that means you think that the unemployment rate is goint to be 0.5%.

All I have to say to that is...

This is the biggest lie on the whole board...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Tax cuts won't benefit my business and I certainly won't be hiring. A lot of my outlay is in delivery of a product I manufacture. With gas prices continuing to rise it kicks all the profit out of my products.

Thanks Bush for deregulating the oil companies so they can make record profits all the while getting subsidies a from my tax dollars.

priceofoil.org...

Romney/Ryan won't change what George put in place. Corporate welfare will continue and small businesses like mine will continue to suffer.

I don't care anymore! I'm going to lay off my people and collect my SS and relax. Except that Romney/Ryan will probably divert my SS to pay for making war materials for their corporate campaign sponsors.

War is big business in America and business is booming!

costofwar.com...
edit on 26-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Tax cuts do not benefit the small business, but it reaps profits for big business, that is what is going on around, small business going broke while big business get all the bailouts, tax cuts and subsidies.

Why? because while small businesses can not buy the whores in congress big businesses pimps have plenty to pass around thanks to the generosity of tax payers.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Why blame Bush for deregulation of the oil companies...it was not his fault....the blame lies in the mid 90's when Clinton and Congress simply usurped the rules for AMOCO and gave it away to BP...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by olaru12

Why blame Bush for deregulation of the oil companies...it was not his fault....the blame lies in the mid 90's when Clinton and Congress simply usurped the rules for AMOCO and gave it away to BP...

really...........?

Here's Georges Legacy in his war on the small business man in favor of big oil.

bgpappa.hubpages.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join