It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney/Ryan Economic Plan: 12 Million Back To Work

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Never worked for anyone else!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
reply to post by Endorra

I ran a business in California my whole life. Recently moved out of that state.

Oh goody.
Then you should have no problem telling me why you would hire people you do not need just because you got a tax cut.

link   

Originally posted by Endorra

Great, you said that.
Now let me ask you a question. Ok?
Ready?
When your husband thought those tax cuts were coming, did he plan on hiring people with the extra money?
Yes or no?

I can only say he considered hiring if business expanded enough to justify it.

It didn't.

We did try some part time temp help - - but it didn't work out.

link   

Originally posted by sinza

reply to post by Endorra

State your business. Let's see if the Romney-Ryan Economic plan will work for you.

Why would it matter what my business is? If tax breaks to businesses create jobs, just tell me how.
There is not one bit of logic to it no matter what business I am in.

Fine, can we guess? Something elite.. oh, I know!

You're in the business of ... computer-aided drafting?

Tell you what.
Tell me how tax cuts create jobs and I will tell you anything you want to know about my business.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Never worked for anyone else!

I am having trouble believing you seeing as how you cannot tell me why you would hire more people just because you got a tax cut.

This is your premise. You are cheerleading it. Why can't you just make it logical and explain how it works?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Endorra

State your business. Let's see if the Romney-Ryan Economic plan will work for you.

Why would it matter what my business is? If tax breaks to businesses create jobs, just tell me how.
There is not one bit of logic to it no matter what business I am in.

Fine, can we guess? Something elite.. oh, I know!

You're in the business of ... computer-aided drafting?

Tell you what.
Tell me how tax cuts create jobs and I will tell you anything you want to know about my business.

Wasn't the OP insinuating that a business owner, when given tax cuts, would be left with "extra" money than anticipated perhaps, and should they CHOOSE to they could use that money to hire more people. But if they don't need to hire anybody, then it's a vacation in the Bahamas?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Wasn't the OP insinuating that a business owner, when given tax cuts, would be left with "extra" money than anticipated perhaps, and should they CHOOSE to they could use that money to hire more people. But if they don't need to hire anybody, then it's a vacation in the Bahamas?

Yup and to a business owner it is complete malarky. If I have more money, why would I hire more people with that money?
If I already need more people, how piss poor is my business model that I cannot hire people to keep up with what is apparent demand?

Come on now, make it all make sense in real life for me.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

Why don't you use your business as an example? I will show you how tax cuts will benefit your business. Didn't you bring up the fact that you had a business first?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

I'll tell you what. I'll tell you exactly what I do. After you tell me what you do. PROMISE!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
You brought up the FACT THAT YOU HAD A BUSINESS FIRST!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Endorra

Why don't you use your business as an example? I will show you how tax cuts will benefit your business. Didn't you bring up the fact that you had a business first?

Because it does not matter what my business is. Pick any business in the world. You can pick the one that fits your little story best if you like. I am giving you a huge advantage. Now tell me why anyone would hire more people just because they got tax cuts.

How many times do I need to ask this?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

I do not care what you do.
All I care about is whether or not you even understand your own thread.
So far it seems you do not.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Tax cuts in themselves, do not creat A JOB. Most tax cuts are used to reinvest into expanding, updating, upgrading existing infrastructure. This reinvestment creats a demand, that collectively stimulates the economy and therefore producing more demand. This demand will lead to more hiring.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

If you can't understand that, why go into business?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Tax cuts in themselves, do not creat A JOB. Most tax cuts are used to reinvest into expanding, updating, upgrading existing infrastructure.

But your OP says that they are going to create 12 million jobs. Did you read it?

This reinvestment creats a demand, that collectively stimulates the economy and therefore producing more demand.

You missed quite a few things there. Coka Cola can reinvest in expanding and updating and upgrading until the cows come home without increasing demand at all. In fact, I have pretty much never seen updating and upgrading lead to increase in demand. The only thing that does that is improving the product.

This demand will lead to more hiring.

So this imaginary demand that took you several pages to come up with, can you show me real world examples? The Bush tax cuts are still in place. You should have a treasure trove of examples from which to choose.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

reply to post by RELDDIR

If you can't understand that, why go into business?

I understand your fantasy just fine.
I also understand your OP and reality.
This is why I am not hiring people to do nothing next to the people already doing nothing just because I have extra cash to pay people with.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Good point, the key that people don't understand is that small businesses have been milking every last fixture, equipment, etc until they drop dead. IMO, we need a "spark."

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

Let me guess, your business is doing so well that, given the tax breaks you'll go on a vacation rather than reinvest?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

I seem to remember you saying you'd tell us a campfire story! About your business, if I answered your Q...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Yeah right. More like 12 million outsourced jobs to China under these vulture capitalists.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join