It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney/Ryan Economic Plan: 12 Million Back To Work

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
2012 is looking more and more like 1980. With gas prices hovering near all-time highs. "Real" Unemployment numbers remaining stagnantly high. President Obama calls out Republicans for being "obstructionists," yet he offered no real plan of his own. Here is a summary of the Romney-Ryan economic plan, similar to Reagan's "supply-side" economics.

Excerpt from Paul Ryan: Pro-Growth Supply-Sider By Larry Kudlow
www.realclearpolitics.com...

"The congressman said Team Romney, with a 20 percent across-the-board tax cut, is aiming at an average growth rate of 4 percent over the next four years. "If we can do that," he said, "which we think we can with the right economic-pro-growth policies, we can get 12 million people back to work."

Ryan opposes crony capitalism and corporate welfare. He wants Washington out of the game of picking winners and losers. He argues that if President Obama raises the top tax rate on small businesses to over 40 percent, it would kill growth and jobs. He argues in supply-side fashion that lowering tax rates and plugging loopholes will produce more income, not less.

At one point in the interview, Ryan summarized the Romney-Ryan position: "Pro-growth policies, energy policy, regulatory reform, tax reform and spending cuts." As I have said before, I believe the Mitt Romney platform is the most conservative Republican policy since the Reagan era. Paul Ryan bolsters it.

Ryan also said this: "Let's get the size of government back down to where it has historically been: 20 percent of GDP by 2016." In other words, significant spending restraint. This is pro-growth, too."

Will the President have his own economic plan, after 4 years, to go toe-to-toe with Romney? The DNC convention in Charlotte, NC is just around the corner.
edit on 25-8-2012 by RELDDIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The "Economic Perspective" through small business owners. The business owner at 7:00 minutes into the video makes some good points.

PBS NewsHour Tax Cuts, Deregulation Among Republican Election Priorities
video.pbs.org...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Of course he will put at least 12 million to work. Making ammunition and firing it, in his new war. Like a hero he will come and save the day. He aint no Nobel Peace prize winner. He can do the job that the banksters and TPTB need done.
Up is down, black is white and War is Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I just read Atlas Shrugged. Mr Ryan has been in Washington for what? 15 yrs or so. So, where are the jobs? After reading that novel, there are Gods and then there are the rest of us, who are moochers. IMO, Ms Rand, needed counseling for her experiences in Russsia instead of trying to convince americans they are as backwards as the russians were at the beginning of the 20th century. Not to mention, a gun in just about every household.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOMof3
IMO, Ms Rand, needed counseling for her experiences in Russsia instead of trying to convince Americans they are as backwards as the Russians were at the beginning of the 20th century. Not to mention, a gun in just about every household.

Thank you. Exactly my sentiments.

I have no respect for anyone who holds Ayn Rand up as their model.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
More hopeful(for righties), but untruthful propaganda. I don't know what time warp Larry Kudlow is caught in, but the numbers are out there and Mr Reagan nearly tripled the debt from about 900 billion to 2.7 trillion during his tenure in office. I suppose the 12 million new jobs will be for soldiers or other low paying jobs. How does one decrease government spending without cutting jobs in that sector? If tax cuts stimulate the economy then cut taxes for everyone, not just the so called "job creators". The free market died in 1913 with the onset of income tax and fractional reserve banking. How people buy into the BS that either party will solve the problems of our decaying republic is beyond me. You can't put the genie back in the bottle under the current two party system. Suggesting so is an outright lie. It is my opinion that Mitt Romney is clearly a globalist and couldn't care less about the prosperity of this said republic. That is why he keeps most of his money outside of the place he falsely claims to be patriotically allegioned towards. And of course we have his side-kick liar Paul Ryan, who ironically was supported by social security into adulthood, but claims to have a firm grasp on the fraud that is allegedly part and parcel of our social programs. It's all BS, people. Just as much as the Dems claiming we are somehow on the right track. The one thing you don't hear either side harp on is holding some banksters accountable for their outright treasonous fraud perpetuated on the people of this republic with the support of the federal reserve bank. One thing for sure, the polarity evidenced by those still believing in the left/right paradigm is a stunning realization that the majority of people in the USA are right where the elected officials want them. No election will change that, and most certainly, nor will the Romney-Ryan plan.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
No plan of his own?! Listen, I have countless issues with Obama, but he did create the American Jobs Act, which would have created millions of jobs. He even went before Congress to detail it in prime time. The republicans wouldn't even vote on it.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
yeah

deregulate big oil and the banks, whoopee

the newly minted VP's will need landscapers afterall

and they will need people to clean up oil spills

what tripe

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Thanks for your input guys. This country deserves what they "put in." Put in "nothing," get out "nothing." I wish the responses to this thread weren't so one-sided. I don't see better days ahead.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Gosh I must be super stupid.
I own my own business.
Why will I hire more people if I get a tax cut?

Anyone?????

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

State your business. Let's see if the Romney-Ryan Economic plan will work for you.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Kind of sounds like 2008 all over again. If he really wanted to cut government growth, 'Wrong Paul' would endorse Ron Paul's proposed one trillion dollar cut.

And as for anyone bashing Ayn Rand, she's dead, why beat a dead horse? Plus you can't support ayn rand while also supporting tax payer bailouts like wrong paul does.
edit on 25-8-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

If you live in California does the tax cut you would receive outweigh the amount it costs you per employee beyond just their ordinary wages? Last I heard it was over $10,000 a year per employee. Kinda makes hiring a bad idea. There is a reason there are no jobs.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by Endorra

If you live in California does the tax cut you would receive outweigh the amount it costs you per employee beyond just their ordinary wages? Last I heard it was over $10,000 a year per employee. Kinda makes hiring a bad idea. There is a reason there are no jobs.

Whether I am in California or not, you are not answering my question. If I got a 10 trillion dollar tax break, WHY WOULD I HIRE MORE PEOPLE?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
reply to post by Endorra

State your business. Let's see if the Romney-Ryan Economic plan will work for you.

Why would it matter what my business is? If tax breaks to businesses create jobs, just tell me how.
There is not one bit of logic to it no matter what business I am in.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra

Why would it matter what my business is? If tax breaks to businesses create jobs, just tell me how.
There is not one bit of logic to it no matter what business I am in.

My hubby convinced me to vote for Bush his first term - - because we owned a small business and Bush was offering tax breaks to small businesses.

After Bush was elected (or selected) - - - he said: Oops! Sorry - - - we're not gonna do that.

The Bush version: "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
My advice to everyone on this thread: "DON'T VOTE FOR ROMNEY."

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Everyone here vented about Bush, etc. NO ONE ACTUALLY READ MY THREAD AND WATCHED THE VIDEO. Shows me and the SILENT MAJORITY how one-sided things are.
edit on 26-8-2012 by RELDDIR because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2012 by RELDDIR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join