Paul Ryan: Rape is just another ‘method of conception’

page: 1

join
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Paul Ryan: Rape is just another ‘method of conception’

Vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan says that he personally believes that rape is just another “method of conception” and not an excuse to allow abortions.

During an interview with WJHL this week, Ryan was asked his view about Rep. Todd Akin, who recently asserted that women could not get pregnant from “legitimate rape.”

“Specifically where you stand when it comes to rape, and when it comes to the issue of should it be legal for a woman to be able to get an abortion if she’s raped?” WJHL reporter Josh Smith wondered.

(Video of interview at link above)

So wait, according to the GOP, you can't get pregnant from a 'legitimate rape'.
Someone tell Ryan he can't claim rape is just another method of conception if his co-sponsor on 8 anti-abortion bills is going around saying you can't get pregnant from 'legitimate' rape...

The rest of the civilized world calls rape a violent crime. Ryan calls it 'another method of conception'.

The American Taliban, at it's finest.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

haha what a tool. It is a method of conception if you are a caveman from thousands of years ago otherwise its an awful assault on another human beings body and mind

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Do the GOP expect to have ANY women vote for them this cycle?

I mean the least you could do is lie about it, you'd probably look less strange than being honest..

I don't even know what to say.

I'll stand by what I said in a few other threads. The globalist scum bags really like what Obama is doing, and so they decided to run Mitt cause they knew he'd lose.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
obama is laughing his ass off

what a tool

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well, technically he is right - rape is a method of conception, no denying that. What's troubling is how he said it - rape is "just another method of conception" - which completely belittles the violence of the act and and ignores the criminal aspect of rape.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Unfortunately this is what the Republican Party has been reduced to.

It's no longer the party that believes in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability. It's now been dismantled and transformed into a radical right wing party where the candidate that spews out the most retarded and ridiculous things gets elected.

It's still the party of smaller government, as long as you fit a certain criteria that is.

If you're a white male, Christian and straight then you have nothing to worry about.

It won't be long before the apologists and party hacks come in here and say this is just another "gaffe"
edit on 8/25/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 8/25/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

At 1:08 of that video, does he say "Let's remember, I'm joining the Obramney/Ryan ticket"? Listen closely.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

“But let’s remember, I’m joining the Romney-Ryan ticket. And the president makes policy.”

“And the president, in this case the future President Mitt Romney, has exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother, which is a vast improvement of where we are right now.”

Ryan won't make policy (if Romney is elected), so Ryan's opinions are just that: opinion. He has a right to them no matter how stupid they are. This is a non-issue unless Ryan becomes president.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
And the circus show goes on... Next we will have clowns and elephants under the big top boys and girls... It's all just a big distraction while the elites continue to rape the economy and the American people. Why do we give these assholes so much power and even care what they say...

If you insist on voting in the unverifiable elections just write in "none of the above"...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
For what its worth, what he actually said was....

“I’m very proud of my pro-life record, and I’ve always adopted the idea that, the position that the method of conception doesn’t change the definition of life,” Ryan explained. “But let’s remember, I’m joining the Romney-Ryan ticket. And the president makes policy.”

“And the president, in this case the future President Mitt Romney, has exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother, which is a vast improvement of where we are right now.”

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I fail to see how using such a sensationalist and twisted version of what the person actually said as a thread title does anything but foster more divisiveness.

Doing things like that shuts down dialogue rather than encouraging it. It closes minds and hardens hearts.

BAD FORM OP

Edit to Add: Oh and Just so you all know I'm pretty much rabidly pro choice due to my feeling that there's already plenty of unwanted children in this world, and I don't see any point in creating any more.

I'd also like to add that it's shocking and galling to see how many people including a moderator just took the OP's post as gospel not even bothering to peruse the link and hear what the man actually had to say. And after you all failed to actually visit the link and critically examine the man's words for yourself you engaged in an orgy of self congratulatory starring and flagging, all while THE TRUTH is once again the first casualty of this thread.
edit on 25-8-2012 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
I fail to see how using such a sensationalist and twisted version of what the person actually said as a thread title does anything but foster more divisiveness.

Doing things like that shuts down dialogue rather than encouraging it. It closes minds and hardens hearts.

BAD FORM OP

Edit to Add: Oh and Just so you all know I'm pretty much rabidly pro choice due to my feeling that there's already plenty of unwanted children in this world, and I don't see any point in creating any more.

I'd also like to add that it's shocking and galling to see how many people including a moderator just took the OP's post as gospel not even bothering to peruse the link and hear what the man actually had to say. And after you all failed to actually visit the link and critically examine the man's words for yourself you engaged in an orgy of self congratulatory starring and flagging, all while THE TRUTH is once again the first casualty of this thread.

To be honest, I agree with you 100%. Bad form and dishonest miswording, as I see it.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

can we freakin for once look at this from a law point of vieew. You cannot hav a contract if the contract asks you to do something, or derives from something illegal. Its not binding. Ergo, rape is not "binding". Rape is a crime, theerefor shee should hav a choice, since being pregnant is sort of a "contract". I know.. Its hard for people to spin teir heads around that.. But PAUL RYAN IS A MORON.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Just because there are so many unwanted children in the world already does not create the valid argument that abortion is completely okay. Any "unwanted" unborn at this moment deserves every right to live that you have.

~LR

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie

BAD FORM OP

Thank you for your most eloquent words. I too am appalled at the lack of honesty in this thread. Insults and threats seem to get the moderators attention, but an extreme lie made up by the OP's apparent agenda goes unnoticed. This thread i'm sure was meant to grab attention with the hope of jabs and insults against Paul Ryan, it did the opposite for me. In fact it it begs to question all other threads on ATS, I now have to take what I read on here with a grain of salt, not that I didn't already. What a shame ! As the saying goes "A few bad OP's will ruin the whole damn website" Keep up the good work moderators

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
FACT CHECK: Ryan did not say that rape is "just another method of conception." He said, specifically: "I’ve always adopted the idea that, the position that the method of conception doesn’t change the definition of life"

He's not being dismissive of rape at all. His position, along with a lot of conservatives, is that regardless of the method of conception, the fetus is still alive and should be accorded protection. That's a far cry from the spin that Ryan is somehow okay with rape.

I'm honestly surprised that ATS posters would take this news article at face value; surely this community, of all the groups out there, would be aware of how the media spins and twists things to get a desired outcome? I'd recommend that whenever you see a "shocker" news article, you investigate the actual event instead of accepting it... even if it comports with what you already believe. You might just find out that the media lies to you!
edit on 27-8-2012 by SpookyFoxMulder because: typo

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Lol. Thanks Dr. Paul Ryan for your educated wisdom. I'm curious, how many years did he spend in medical school?

new topics
top topics

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant