It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeline depicting the creation of al-Qaeda and lead up to 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hey all --

So, over the years I have been researching September 11th and the actions that day, I have always wanted to find a timeline that somewhat easily depicted much of the disconcerting information pertaining to the who, what, when, where, why, and how of the events.

I never did find one that was visually stimulating as well as informative, so I took to creating my own.

timeglider.com...

I used multiple sources but mostly used wanttoknow.info/911information and their 60-page timeline that highlights important dates and events. I took what they had compiled and created this digital representation.

I've never seen something like this on ATS, so hopefully it will help out anyone looking to find more information. I originally wanted to post in the 9/11 forum, but I am not a frequent poster so I did not realize you cannot do that right now as it is closed. Because this information pertains to the creation of al-Qaeda and some of the actions of our intelligence agencies, I thought it deserved to be an another forum at least.

I have yet to add the links to news sources backing up most of the information, but I have added the names of the news services sourced in the timeline, and anyone who wants can look up the articles, if they are still online...

Enjoy! PG2

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Good job ! S+F!

Looking forward to read it. Althou it's a bit slow on my pc.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

I appreciate it! I've been tryin' real hard to post something actually worth reading... Maybe this one is it. If your computer is slow, it might have a hard time... mine is pretty slow as well, and boy did I have a tough time getting this finished.

For clarification (though I suppose everyone can figure it out), you must click on each 'headline' in order to bring up a box further explaining the event.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I know no one is reading this but in case someone does, this timeline is no longer available when I try to load it! I can still edit it, but public view has been blocked somehow. It just will not load and says "Timeline not available."

What do you know?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Nice work,man very impressive.S&F! keep updating man.I support open source content sites I have link to one that help with your timeline:History Commons

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
For some reason my original timeline and the link in my OP was not viewable to the public for a couple days although other timelines were, but now it seems as if it is back online.

However, during that time I created another one and I had access to more information so it is more in-depth, in my opinion.

I tried creating a thread for that timeline but had issues. Here is the link:

timeglider.com...

Enjoy. PG2
edit on 11-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Thanks mike dangerously! And thank you for the link, I will be checking it out

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

Nice work, You should work for the NSA of national America people if there could be such a thing

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwannaknow2

If it doesn't exist, it should. We should create it.

My biggest issue has always been that the media is failing us. We are not provided the adequate information in order to make informed decisions, and we need an organization that combats this.

I want to do what I can to compile the facts and get them out there for people to see.

new topics

top topics

join