It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the definition to the word Korea?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

What is sad is that the North Korean People are so Brain Washed that they are raised to believe that their Leader and DICTATOR FOR LIFE is a living GOD! Even if a North Korean Citizen is caught just LOOKING at the South with a pair of Binoculars or Telescope...as the North does not want their people to see South Korean Wealth...this person can be Jailed or Beaten or most likely BOTH!

Citation, please? Your comment has no basis. In addition, if the NK's are so poor, then how can they afford a telescope or binoculars?

The people are not brain washed, go there and you will see for yourself.

Of all the replies I have ever received...this one takes the cake! North Korea is an area that you can view at night by a host of private Satellites. The whole country is Dark and the countries around it are lit up from their City and Street Lights. You can actually trace out the North Korean Country Geometric Lines of what it looks like on a map by just looking at the whole country at night from space...it is a dark outline exactly as it appears on a map.

And here is a clue...any population that believes their leader is a GOD...is Brain Washed! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

So, they can't afford food or electricity but yet they can buy telescopes to look at South Korea?

Are you a bit *special* or something? I don't know about you, but I would much rather have food than a pair of bloody binoculars.

You're just as brainwashed as they are. After all, you believe you live in a free country don't you? Nothing is free. It is bought with time or blood.

Anyone who thinks they live in a free nation, where the Govt. can detain and torture them and tap your phone and internet, bug your house and follow you wherever you go is, by definition. Brainwashed.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthKorea

Why didn't you just google your question? Seems silly to start a thread, when you could have easily found the answer on your own.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I think NK has raised good question. Have you tryed google the subject?

Linguists report on this phonetic phenomenon of 'sound change'. eg Like ones we investigate the sounds 'g' to 'k' in Korean. Also, one of most common name in Korea, Kim, used to be pronounced and/or spelled Gim.
That seems to be a pattern observable in different eopchs or regions all over the world.
But Linguists don't offer much explanations why 'sound change' happens. Not any anyway that my with oblivion spotted brain can recall at this t.+sp.

Where are Chomskys when you need them? Anyways, scientists are divided in regards to explaining phenomenon

There are two models for the distribution of phonological changes in the language system. The first model suggests that the pace of change is spreading phonologically from gradually: All words of a certain class of words while experiencing a change in the corresponding sound; these jumps but not suddenly from a phoneme over to another, but through a gradual approach to the target volume. The second model is that the change propagates lexically gradual, so from word to word: Besides the original suddenly a new sound use of time and replaced with the old phoneme. This "jump" occurs only in one or few words and spreads with time on all the words in a word class. Linguists are divided over which model is correct or whether both are possible.

translate.google.com.au...://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lautwandel&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dde.wikipedia.org... del%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1009%26bih%3D621%26prmd%3Dimvns&sa=X&ei=t_A6ULn5AvC4iAetyYH4BA&sqi=2&ved=0CCQQ7gEwAA

Yeah.... so it is....... and I have often wondered why phonetics of words seem to slide and sometimes I imagine this could be because a chieftain had a bad cough or speech impairment and pronounced e.g. g as k or what ever. And his subordinates followed his manierism as not to embarasse him or to please him orsomethingorother - and then it suck, just to keep face.

Or different altitudes at various locations during migration or humidity in the air could have had an influence on phonetics.

Yeah............

edit on 26-8-2012 by cittadellapieve because: (no reason given)

Yeah.......... I mean, the Persian.......... makes perfect sense.........
edit on 26-8-2012 by cittadellapieve because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell

What is sad is that the North Korean People are so Brain Washed that they are raised to believe that their Leader and DICTATOR FOR LIFE is a living GOD! Even if a North Korean Citizen is caught just LOOKING at the South with a pair of Binoculars or Telescope...as the North does not want their people to see South Korean Wealth...this person can be Jailed or Beaten or most likely BOTH!

Citation, please? Your comment has no basis. In addition, if the NK's are so poor, then how can they afford a telescope or binoculars?

The people are not brain washed, go there and you will see for yourself.

Of all the replies I have ever received...this one takes the cake! North Korea is an area that you can view at night by a host of private Satellites. The whole country is Dark and the countries around it are lit up from their City and Street Lights. You can actually trace out the North Korean Country Geometric Lines of what it looks like on a map by just looking at the whole country at night from space...it is a dark outline exactly as it appears on a map.

And here is a clue...any population that believes their leader is a GOD...is Brain Washed! Split Infinity

Thank you, but I have photos, that I took myself, of Pyongyang at night. It looks very beautiful. You can see them in my thread "Just back from North Korea'.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by deessell

Let me guess....you were never allowed to visit the rural areas of North Korea...were you?

That City is North Korea's showpiece city for foreign authorities as well as others interested in North Korea. Chicago is a STUNNING CITY...but drive over to the SOUTH SIDE!

You have never seen the true North Korea. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

At least their so call entity of GOD is actually someone to see than some invisible Higher power that never shows him or her self to the world., even though GOD loves all, don't he?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthKorea

At least their so call entity of GOD is actually someone to see than some invisible Higher power that never shows him or her self to the world., even though GOD loves all, don't he?

Ahhh...I am an Agnostic so your reply has no effect upon me. But COME ON! They Worship their Leader as a Living GOD! That is CRAZY with a possible large K! LOL!

North Korea is a Nightmare! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

lol

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Someday...one of those piece of S#!% North Korean ICBM's that they are testing and launching...and they ALWAYS fly off course...will end up being shot down by a U.S. Carrier Groups Aegis Cruisers SM-3 AMB because it will fly so off course it will threaten to crash into a city.

This will be interesting to watch as it plays out since China is no longer in North Korea's corner anymore to the extent it used to be. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Korea means a country and people that superpowers have divided them. north for Communism and south for Capitalism !
who knows may be some day Koreans change this definition !

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join