It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you buy a Blushwood shrub? (Natural cancer cure that works)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have been researching what seems to be a great cancer treatment that has no side effects. Then i figured it would be cool to grow some of these plants for myself. I was very surprised that none are for sale that i can find. It just seems very odd to me that no one is selling these seeds or shrubs but if i wanted to buy some Angels trumpet (Scopolamine) it would be no problem. There are very many outlets for this kind of stuff.

www.inspire.com... ups/advanced-breast-cancer/discussion/rainforest-cancer-drug-ebc-46-going-to-human-trials/

Another article advises that QBiotics are linking with a US pharmaceutical company to get US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approval which costs up to $500 million - they did not name the US company, maybe that is still being negotiated.

qbiotics.com...

EBC-46 is a new experimental drug for treating cancers in dogs, cats and horses. In treatment of over 100 dogs, cats and horses, intralesional injection of EBC-46 has successully ablated or significantly palliated a range of advanced, inoperable tumours (melanomas, sarcomas, carcinomas, mast cell tumours and sarcoids) while causing no significant long-term side effects. A topical formulation of EBC-46 has also been used to successfully treat ulcerative squamous cell carcinomas on cats and horses. EBC-46 is delivered locally in a single treatment by direct injection into tumours, or by topical application onto the tumour surface. EBC-46 is active against a wide range of tumour types and is potentially useful in treating any solid tumour that can be accessed for direct injection or tropical application of the drug. EBC-46 only works locally at the site of delivery and there is no current evidence to suggest that EBC-46 has any systemic efficacy against metastatic disease in affecting remote secondary tumours. Veterinary Trials

I'm left wondering if this hopeful cure for cancer has been swept under the carpet just like all the others?
They claim that if they had a half a billion dollars then human trials could begin. It seems like ever since this company reached out to a u.s. pharma company that no progress is being made. In the mean time it can not be bought through any outlets of natural plants and medicines.

Really what would be wrong if i had this plant and used it? It's a very sad situation that humans are in.
I know i'm not the best writer or researcher but i can identify bull crap when i see it. Prove me wrong please.

Releated thread

edit on 25-8-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I looked for seeds a few years back myself and was surprised that they couldn't be had. I guess they grow abundantly in some sections of Australia, so if you know someone down under, they should be able to make it happen. Lemme know if u do as i had no luck

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

You have to remember that your local horticultural supplier is just like all other stores and keeps on hand what is popular, supply and demand.
I will also add that some plants are not suited to your average home garden.
The particular plant is a north Queensland rainforest plant which would be considered sub tropical and would guess that the seed could only germinate after being digested by a cassowary, large flightless bird that lives in rainforrests

edit on 25-8-2012 by munkey66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here is a good informational video on this site.
blushwood.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

You have to remember that your local horticultural supplier is just like all other stores and keeps on hand what is popular, supply and demand.
I will also add that some plants are not suited to your average home garden.
The particular plant is a north Queensland rainforest plant which would be considered sub tropical and would guess that the seed could only germinate after being digested by a cassowary, large flightless bird that lives in rainforrests

edit on 25-8-2012 by munkey66 because: (no reason given)

Well i can go buy a cassowary here in the u.s. but not this tree.
As far as demand goes there is an extremely high demand for a cure for cancer.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Until it is given approval by the USDA, there is no way to legally import a Blushwood shrub or seeds into the US. That said, you may just need to obtain a permit and send the plant through quarantine.

The tricky part would be finding someone in Australia to procure the plants for you in the first place.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

I'm not so sure that is the case. I should be able to have any plant i want as long as it is not illegal.
I'm not finding any laws against this plant.
Now if someone is selling it as a medicine that is a different case more than likely.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

A word of caution - Before you go messing around with mother nature just remember if gawd did not want you to have cancer she would not have invented aspartame, GMO foods, and other nasty stuff that is a common part of your daily environment.

edit on 25-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

If you substitute gwad with gov then it makes since.
Well blushwood was here long before all that nasty stuff you mentioned so maybe there is hope to fight evil.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If someone has or knows someone who has cancer, then a trip to Australia might be in order and well worth the money. As far as being able to bring plants back, no one knows if it would become an invasive species. I am surprised though that no one from Australia has stepped up with some ideas.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
where are all the Aussie ATS'ers?

Im sure one of them can help with this project

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
very interesting video.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Some interesting stuff here.
I'm checking the links now.

Well no help here in obtaining blushwood trees either.
It really just blows my mind how money controls so freaking much.
That pharma company was supposed to release the ebc 46 to veterinarian medicine over a year ago.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by allenidaho

I'm not so sure that is the case. I should be able to have any plant i want as long as it is not illegal.
I'm not finding any laws against this plant.
Now if someone is selling it as a medicine that is a different case more than likely.

Importing plants can be very difficult and in some cases illegal if there is no environmental study on the plant, it could turn into a noxious weed in a non native environment.
The reason you may be having trouble finding out much about the plant is because it has only recently made the headlines, also collecting wild seeds in the Australian bush requires a license.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Well i can go buy a cassowary here in the u.s. but not this tree.
As far as demand goes there is an extremely high demand for a cure for cancer.

Sorry, but can you provide me with proof that you can buy an endangered animal in the US

You can purchase the egg shells, but not viable eggs or adult birds.

You do realize a cassowary isn't a a little bird that sits in trees don't you?

Cassowaries are 1.5 to 1.8 metres (4.9–5.9 ft) tall, although some females may reach 2 metres (6.6 ft),[5] and weigh 58.5 kilograms (129 lb)

and they dont make good pets as they will try to gut you from neck to pelvis with their powerful feet

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

casuarius.webs.com...
We have many exotic farms here in the us.
About 10 years ago i raised a few of these and some emu's.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hi I'm an Aussie girl who is also impressed with this discovery.

My mum has been fighting cancer for the last 7 years so I have set up a google alert for anything that goes on the web about this . You might want to think about how you would know which ingredient is the active one you would need to isolate from the fruit.......that is if you ever got your hands on a plant.

I did email the company about their trials as I read they were starting trials in 2011.They very kindly responded that they would be starting trials in 2012 with a yet to be announced cancer.Heard nothing yet. Yes it takes a lot of money and a long time to run these trials.It does indeed seem like it.s never going to happen in my lifetime anyway and I was counting on it to help my mum since they discovered it in 2004 and have apparently been planting plantations of the tree since that time.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hey Folks,

Another Aussie here. I can confirm it is certainly not easy to get your hands on this. Though trying to grow your own wouldn't seem to do much good due to the process involved in getting the correct component out of the fruit, from what I understand anyway.

That said, a good friend is a Botanist and he brought this up recently, so I'll have a chat to him this weekend and have him run it by me again (a lot of what he said went straight over my head) so I can share it here. We joked about growing and maintaining our own just in case the plant 'mysteriously' became too rare, therefore all medicines from it become too expensive for all but the filthy rich.

As with most things, the restrictions on having it usually increase with it's potential (strangely mostly when it has good potential). Heaven forbid the Pharmaceutical industry miss out on gross profit from illness...

edit on 1-9-2012 by Kostafa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It would appear that someone might actually need to GO to that rain forest and gather seeds and make them available to others . As the plant isn't illegal, shipping the seeds of the plant should be okay, since obviously it is only a seed. From what I have read, it is the seed which contains the desirable properties. If they are truly planting these trees on large plantations, then there is a high possibility that they will be using them for possible cancer cures in the future but it could take many years before it is available to the masses, if ever. It would be nice to get one's hands on the seeds just in case though.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lbazz1

Well i think the best hope for now is that the company release the drug to veterinarians.
That would bring the relief some have been waiting for. I really don't see what is holding them back because the animal trials have already taken place and had great success.

I know that if i were to find some seeds on ebay i would be buying them.
I have read that the seeds are poisonous but i'm not sure that that is true.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join