It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was invited to be a tech on a ghost hunting team. Any suggestions, comments?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I shy away from putting myself in situations involving ghosts/demons/spirits. They leave me alone, I leave them alone.
reply to post by wash777

This is exactly what a couple of centuries worth of relgious totalitarianism will do to ordinarily rational people

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hi and congratulations!

I have done a few of these and I am going to Gettysburg in the fall to do some more.

I haven't found or seen anything that is conclusive. Heck, I am not even sure I believe in any of this. But it sure is fun to do. I find it hilarious that people will tell you to "not go"! It is too dangerous, yet they have never went themselves or they are internet paranormal investigators. So, go out there, have fun and keep an open mind.

With that said, it doesn't hurt to be cautious. Here are the prayers we say before and after each investigations.

Opening Prayer
Saint Michael the Archangel, Defend us in battle
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray
And do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
By the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits
Who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen

Closing Prayer
"In the name of Jesus Christ, I command all human spirits to be bound to
the confines of the cemetery. I command all inhuman spirits to go where Jesus
Christ tells you to go, for it is He who commands you." Amen

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I would recommend taking dowsing rods, for detection of any ley lines or other activity.

Perhaps bring some amethyst.

Do a bit of relaxation meditation before and prepare yourself for people's possible reactions.

Treat spirits with kindness, though also be 'closed' to them possibly 'entering' you. Communication is one thing, being a vessel is another.

It would be nice if you could maybe add anything interesting to this thread after, or maybe making a thread about it if worthwhile.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
From what I've done ...

- EVPs EVPs EVPs .... seriously. Keep it rolling all the time.

- Be quiet and do things away from where there are lots of people. Like in Gettysburg, the ghost walks scare away the ghosts. But if you go back to the spots they were at, but on your own at 2am or 3am, you get activity.

- If there are stories of child ghosts, bring along a ball or a doll. Be quiet and move slowly when you put the toys out.

But the most important thing ... you can't 'tackle' it ... you have to be in a group of just 2 or 3 people and you have to be patient and you have to be quiet/respectful in most instances. Be AWARE of your surroundings ...

At least .. that's what I've found to work best.

Thank you.

Sounds like good advice

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I'll be reading through this post over and and over, thank you!

It's a small team so I don't know what tech they have. I worked in an audio video department in college for 4 years, and build and repair computers so I'm pretty savvy with most tech

I'll just do whatever they assign me at first being the new guy.. lol.

watching videos now

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Use an EVP recorder and get it going and ask questions..any questions.. I like "do you know you're dead?" that gets them going..

You may find yourself in a room that is dark, but just seems to be getting darker and darker until you cn't see your hand in front of your face..and the temperature is dropping..fast..
Above all, enjoy yourself..have fun, watch listen learn what the others do then come back here and write up a thread about your experience and everything

All the best, good luck, hope this helps..

EA

all videos shot by me

Lol, I'll have to ask that!

Thanks for all the info!

So I've heard some Ghost hunters say they can feel when they are in a truly haunted place, the energy changes. You seem to refer to this above... to you and anyone else that wants to answer:

What do you feel that makes you think a place has spiritual activity?

o.k. I'll try to write up threads of the sessions when I go.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
Hi and congratulations!

I have done a few of these and I am going to Gettysburg in the fall to do some more.

I haven't found or seen anything that is conclusive. Heck, I am not even sure I believe in any of this. But it sure is fun to do. I find it hilarious that people will tell you to "not go"! It is too dangerous, yet they have never went themselves or they are internet paranormal investigators. So, go out there, have fun and keep an open mind.

With that said, it doesn't hurt to be cautious. Here are the prayers we say before and after each investigations.

Opening Prayer
Saint Michael the Archangel, Defend us in battle
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray
And do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
By the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits
Who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen

Closing Prayer
"In the name of Jesus Christ, I command all human spirits to be bound to
the confines of the cemetery. I command all inhuman spirits to go where Jesus
Christ tells you to go, for it is He who commands you." Amen

Yes, I was thinking about saying such prayers. I've heard those before.

I'm an open minded skeptic. I'm just going to see what I see, not try to force what I see into any molds. This should be fun.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
I would recommend taking dowsing rods, for detection of any ley lines or other activity.

Perhaps bring some amethyst.

Do a bit of relaxation meditation before and prepare yourself for people's possible reactions.

Treat spirits with kindness, though also be 'closed' to them possibly 'entering' you. Communication is one thing, being a vessel is another.

It would be nice if you could maybe add anything interesting to this thread after, or maybe making a thread about it if worthwhile.

Thanks for the advice, I will try to make some threads, first hunt is not till next month I don't think.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

being a tech suggests you have some technical background in a field maybe A/V maybe thermal maybe electromagnetic field testing whats your field ?

For instance I'm a level 2 data tech i could set up a/v systems,access points, sound equipment ect. but i dont think thats all you need most ghost shows have a bunch of stupid tools.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

being a tech suggests you have some technical background in a field maybe A/V maybe thermal maybe electromagnetic field testing whats your field ?

For instance I'm a level 2 data tech i could set up a/v systems,access points, sound equipment ect. but i dont think thats all you need most ghost shows have a bunch of stupid tools.

I have 4 years working in an A/V shop... and I was the one who did onsite repairs that didn't require being sent out, and those i troubleshooted before we sent them out.

I am a musician and have my own studio, been running audio gear for 24 years.

I build and fix computers... I'm the guy people bring things too to fix...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
"Ghost Hunting" is not something good to engage in. Spirits and demons don't seek to be hunted or do parlor tricks. I would suggest your team try to help people deal with hauntings or poltergeists.

My first suggestion is leave your fear at the door; the spirits you may face will feed off of it. Participate in a cleansing before you leave the sight, or you may take something home with you that you wished you had'nt.

Remember confidentialty laws- be careful the items you take public.

Last but not least, the guys on television are entertainers with corporate sponsers. Trust me the first time you witness a disembodied voice, or you turn a corner and stare down a ten foot tall shadow or apparition, you will decide if it is your calling.

Good luck

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Expect nothing will happen.
If something odd happens, default that it is not paranormal and set out to debunk it asap so you don't get sidetracked with some rattling pipes all night.

That is your job as a ghosthunter overall..go out to debunk...and if something stands up to your debunking, then you may have caught something interesting..but be very open minded (both ways...don't assume you caught anything even if you cant initially debunk it..might just need a clear mind). Keep a keen eye on surroundings. if you see a curtain move for instance, look for the breeze, look for cracks halfway across the room that may not be obvious but are indeed pushing air out, etc...

Unless you are simply going to have a fun ghost experience..then meh, prepare to be disappointed..highly unlikely anything will happen worth mentioning right then and there.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Yup, some do.
It's an odd feeling..one you don't forget but still have to watch out for.. sometimes the change is very subtle, other times it just slaps you in the face.
It's a bit like that feeling of being watched, you turn to look in the direction you think it's coming from and you end up looking right into the eyes of the person watching you..

Audio video... very nice..you might enjoy this then..
This is possibly images caught in the audio tracks of EVP sessions..
www.ghostfinder.co.uk...

SaturnFX has said this;
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and it really couldn't have been put any better..
One of my team mates says ghost hunting is like fishing.. you could be sat there all day and not get a sniff of a fish..then the next day, you get bite after bite and cant stop realing them in..

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Expect nothing will happen.
If something odd happens, default that it is not paranormal and set out to debunk it asap so you don't get sidetracked with some rattling pipes all night.

That is your job as a ghosthunter overall..go out to debunk...and if something stands up to your debunking, then you may have caught something interesting..but be very open minded (both ways...don't assume you caught anything even if you cant initially debunk it..might just need a clear mind). Keep a keen eye on surroundings. if you see a curtain move for instance, look for the breeze, look for cracks halfway across the room that may not be obvious but are indeed pushing air out, etc...

Unless you are simply going to have a fun ghost experience..then meh, prepare to be disappointed..highly unlikely anything will happen worth mentioning right then and there.

You put my attitude and expectations perfectly.

I am open to finding something, but ghost is not my default answer... once you ruled everything out only then is it really something.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoshoniwolf
"Ghost Hunting" is not something good to engage in. Spirits and demons don't seek to be hunted or do parlor tricks. I would suggest your team try to help people deal with hauntings or poltergeists.

My first suggestion is leave your fear at the door; the spirits you may face will feed off of it. Participate in a cleansing before you leave the sight, or you may take something home with you that you wished you had'nt.

Remember confidentialty laws- be careful the items you take public.

Last but not least, the guys on television are entertainers with corporate sponsers. Trust me the first time you witness a disembodied voice, or you turn a corner and stare down a ten foot tall shadow or apparition, you will decide if it is your calling.

Good luck

Sounds like good advice, especially confidentiality.

TV is TV that is why i am asking here. I don't believe anything i see on there.

You've seen ten foot apparition? what do you think it was? what happened?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Yup, some do.
It's an odd feeling..one you don't forget but still have to watch out for.. sometimes the change is very subtle, other times it just slaps you in the face.
It's a bit like that feeling of being watched, you turn to look in the direction you think it's coming from and you end up looking right into the eyes of the person watching you..

Audio video... very nice..you might enjoy this then..
This is possibly images caught in the audio tracks of EVP sessions..
www.ghostfinder.co.uk...

SaturnFX has said this;
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and it really couldn't have been put any better..
One of my team mates says ghost hunting is like fishing.. you could be sat there all day and not get a sniff of a fish..then the next day, you get bite after bite and cant stop realing them in..

Ive felt that before and dismissed it as imagination. I will watch out for it.

You've seen a ghosts eyes? Not just vague mist or dark shadow?

What software are you using for that audio analysis? And do you have any software you recommend?

Yes, I highly agree with SaturnFX there. I expect lots of boring and maybe a few interesting moments that.... and lots of time on review.

I am open to finding real evidence, but I think most is just people wanting something to happen. But I think there is something going on, so that why I am doing this. I'm just not sure WHAT is going on.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

noo... not a ghosts eyes.. a persons..

The sort of thing that happens to us allat some point i9n a pub/bar/club or just out shopping..
as for the software for that, dunno.. not my department

might be along the lines of audacity.. i do know a MAC was used ...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

noo... not a ghosts eyes.. a persons..

The sort of thing that happens to us allat some point i9n a pub/bar/club or just out shopping..
as for the software for that, dunno.. not my department

might be along the lines of audacity.. i do know a MAC was used ...

Well I have a dual booted Macbook Pro with Win 7 on it also. And several PC's. I have Logic 9, Adobe soundbooth CS5 and more... I think I saw something like that buried in one of my programs, or something that came with one of my programs I'll have to look.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join