I was invited to be a tech on a ghost hunting team. Any suggestions, comments?

page: 1
8
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I've been volunteering at Scarefest for several years now. I got roped into it by one of my friends. I've made a lot of friends, and one of them invited me to join their team the other day as they need another tech.

I've never been, I've just seen the the ghost hunting shows on TV.. but ... that's TV not real life.

Anyone here already out ghost hunting?

Any comments? Suggestions? Warnings?




posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze
 


That sounds really cool - please bring a video camera so you can share the experience with us.

Where ya going, do you know already?
do you know what kind of equipment will be provided already, such as EVP gear or infrared?


My suggestion to you: Check your corners.



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze
 


Just have a good attitude, be prepared for long hours of listening to footage (recorded video or otherwise)

Know stuff about ghosts, what repels them, etc. If you need any info I can surely help you out on that department, But be respectful to them as they were once alive like us.

Know about demons, I know, I know, but it WILL come up during your investigations. Just be prepared for the worst, and if you need my assistance I will gladly help you out the best I can.

Other than that, make sure all of the cam's are working, especially if you are setting up a "base".

Have fun!
edit on 25-8-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)
edit on 25-8-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You are going into a very risky road exploring the paranormal like that
wanting answers by a dimentional encounter .. so you can have a proof once and for all
it is not recommanded .. dont go

if you still want to go .. be VERY respectfull to any spirits
and be sure you are mentaly prepared
your only defence is with the Love of God in yourself and your heart
master the power of God in yourself first
not religiously speaking but spirituality
some spirit cant escape their house
if its a demon it can follow you in your home
thats the worst it can happen but then there is much much worst



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by pianopraze
 


That sounds really cool - please bring a video camera so you can share the experience with us.

Where ya going, do you know already?
do you know what kind of equipment will be provided already, such as EVP gear or infrared?


My suggestion to you: Check your corners.


I think next month is the first one I will go on. They go once or twice a month to local places around central Kentucky.

Only thing I have is a DSLR Sony a55... it does video but not really. I don't know what equipment they have and I'll be using yet, I'll get back to you on that when I know. All I know is they need another Tech.

Yes, I'll be sure to share anything cool I find. I guess I'll be in this forum more often, added it to MY ATS page.



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze
 


No I haven't done it but it sounds like it would be a lot of fun.


Have a good time. Make memories. Be safe.

Please share after.......if u can.



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker
reply to post by pianopraze
 


Just have a good attitude, be prepared for long hours of listening to footage (recorded video or otherwise)

Know stuff about ghosts, what repels them, etc. If you need any info I can surely help you out on that department, But be respectful to them as they were once alive like us.

Know about demons, I know, I know, but it WILL come up during your investigations. Just be prepared for the worst, and if you need my assistance I will gladly help you out the best I can.

Other than that, make sure all of the cam's are working, especially if you are setting up a "base".

Have fun!
edit on 25-8-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)
edit on 25-8-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)


Well I've participated in demonic cleanings back when I used to be a Charasmatic Christian... so I've seen some weird stuff... not sure how much of that was real or just mental illness though...

I'm not sure I believe in ghosts, but I love exploring the subject, from what I've seen on "reality TV" I wonder if there are not ghost hunters in a parallel dimension hunting as we hunt them...


But I'm open to see what the evidence reveals... that's why I'm doing it. To see for myself.

Don't know anything about what repels ghosts or such, please feel free to share here, I'd love to hear your info


lol.. as the newb tech I'll probably get stuck at base lol...



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81
 


Thanks for warning and advice.



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by pianopraze
 


No I haven't done it but it sounds like it would be a lot of fun.


Have a good time. Make memories. Be safe.

Please share after.......if u can.


Thank you.

I'll be sure to share any fun things I catch in here



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze
 


Everytime I see one of these hunts on TV and such I always go nuts with the lack of equipment.

Can you get your mits on infrared ?

Don't bother getting all excited over orbs we've seen them all.

Unlike the previous members' ultracutionary advice about keeping an invisble man in the sky pacified so as to protect you from the invisble men that frequent an old musty attic, I say hell the only way to make an omlette is to break some eggs.

Gor for it dude disrespect the spirits, shake that tree Luke



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I have only been on one paranormal investigation, but it was one of those lecture/dinner/investigation things. It was a lot of fun roaming around a historical building in the dark. Nothing much happened that night though. Even if a place is haunted, it doesn't mean you will catch something that particular day. Don't be discouraged. Keep at it and you will eventually come across something awesome. Can't wait to hear your results!



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Primum non nocere.



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have done some ghost hunting and have seen some strange stuff! I live in Connecticut and this state is very haunted. I am friends with Ed and Lorraine Warren, very famous Ghost Hunters . Ed passed away in 2006
Some of there work. www.nysun.com...
en.wikipedia.org... Some other examples:
paranormalsocieties.com...
sgra.org...



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
reply to post by pianopraze
 


Everytime I see one of these hunts on TV and such I always go nuts with the lack of equipment.

Can you get your mits on infrared ?

Don't bother getting all excited over orbs we've seen them all.

Unlike the previous members' ultracutionary advice about keeping an invisble man in the sky pacified so as to protect you from the invisble men that frequent an old musty attic, I say hell the only way to make an omlette is to break some eggs.

Gor for it dude disrespect the spirits, shake that tree Luke



Well I have no idea how much equipment they have or not, but I assume it is not much. All that equipment costs money... maybe if things go well I'll invest in equipment, but I've just been invited... too soon to do that yet


Thanks for the advice



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I have only been on one paranormal investigation, but it was one of those lecture/dinner/investigation things. It was a lot of fun roaming around a historical building in the dark. Nothing much happened that night though. Even if a place is haunted, it doesn't mean you will catch something that particular day. Don't be discouraged. Keep at it and you will eventually come across something awesome. Can't wait to hear your results!


Thanks Night Star


*hug*

I have no expectations, and I know it takes hours and hours when they do find anything...

On the plus side I love the dark, and not afraid of it.

Wonder if this will change that?



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paranormalist
Primum non nocere.


Good advice




posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
I have done some ghost hunting and have seen some strange stuff! I live in Connecticut and this state is very haunted. I am friends with Ed and Lorraine Warren, very famous Ghost Hunters . Ed passed away in 2006
Some of there work. www.nysun.com...
en.wikipedia.org... Some other examples:
paranormalsocieties.com...
sgra.org...





Sounds awesome.

Care to share any of your experiences and advice you may have?



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I will try to upload some ghost photos I have taken Sunday. Here is a YOUTUBE. Vid. my friend made about the White Lady I live one town over www.youtube.com...

I worked at Mountain Grove Cemetery in Bridgeport for four summers cutting grass, very well known, over 200 acres.
The graves of Tom Thumb , P.T. Barnum are buried their to name a few famous people.

One very memorable event that happened in the summer of 75. Stories were in the local papers about a women dressed in black walking a black Doverman had been seen in different cemeteries in the state, as the story goes workers would see her in broad daylight and when they approached her she just disappeared!

So a lunch break we were taking about it saying wouldn't be cool she came to our cemetery!
The full time guys just laughed, but us part time collage guys started to look for her.

Now it gets weird! Every buddy would leave work at 3:30 PM and one full time guy would stay till 7:30PM as the grounds were still open at that time. One of my friends my age a full timer was on that night, so I came back with some beers and we talked.

At 7:00 all gates were closed but one( Large Iron Gates) at this time we made a cruise around the grounds to make sure no one would be locked in. So were driving in a section which had low grave stones, no higher than a foot and a half.

In the corner of my eye I see someone, I told my buddy there was some one was still here, we stop the car and get out and guess what we saw...Yep! The lady dressed in Black with her dog... At this point we are not thinking of the stories. My buddy say OH S*%T IT HER ,THE STORY! With that we both got a sudden chill, I mean it got cold(the temp that day was 95 deg. high humidity) We could not see her face but when we got about 150 feet away from her .....POOF! She was gone! The cold left us, we looked at each other a said time to leave.

Now we drive to the last gate that was open, we got out the care to close the gate and it got real cold again. Whe we tried to close the gate it would not budge (This iron gate is well oiled and should close with one hand)
At this point we are shaking...OK let's com down with a smoke...about 3 min later the cold left us... we got up and closed the gate with no problem

It was like she did not want us to leave!
edit on 25-8-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
I will try to upload some ghost photos I have taken Sunday. Here is a YOUTUBE. Vid. my friend made about the White Lady I live one town over www.youtube.com...

I worked at moya
edit on 25-8-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)


Watching now,

Thank you.



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I agree, about being careful. I may be old fashioned, but I wouldn't do it. Why take the risk of something following you home? If you believe in ghosts/spirits/demons, then you are bound to have heard the stories of someone "taking on" one before.

I shy away from putting myself in situations involving ghosts/demons/spirits. They leave me alone, I leave them alone.

But, if you choose to go, have fun.





new topics
top topics
 
8
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join