It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continuum Renewed for Season 2:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Good news Canadians and the select few American audience. Canada's number one show continuum has been renewed for Season 2. I actually was introduced to this show here, on ATS.

Continuum is a one-hour police drama centered on Kiera Cameron (Rachel Nichols), a cop from the year 2077 who finds herself trapped in present day Vancouver, searching for convicted criminals from the future, known as Liber8. With unexpected assistance from teen tech genius Alec Sadler (Erik Knudsen), Kiera concentrates on bringing down the terrorists before they can change the course of history forever. Impersonating a local law enforcement officer to expedite her investigation, she forms an uneasy alliance with her new partner, detective Carlos Fonnegra (Victor Webster).

Showcase- Continuum Renewed Season 2

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Cool.
It's always bothersome when a decent show only runs for a single season, like Firefly, and many others.
I'm still sore over Stargate Universe having such a short run.

Continuum has some decent ideas regarding societal states currently of relevant interest today.
Some good questions are asked.
Are the Corps Good, Bad, or what? What lengths will you go to in defending your way of life?
Which side are you on and why?

The show explores some grey areas.
It's from the perspective of a Corporate Cop, as a good guy, but, are the Corporations really the good guys?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Holy moly, something we can agree on

I really dug this show, it was fresh, has a good cast and plot potentials. I wondered if they had a second season in the works. I love these well written sci-fis, and I hope Fringe will come back too.
What a trip how the young genius grows up to be the 'smoking man' from X-Files, who seems to not be so kind as when he is young. Anyway, I think the series has what it takes to make it a few years.
Cheers
edit on 25-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
woot.

Not usually a fan of cheezy sci fi.

But my a few of my friends are on the writing staff and production.

Great show

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I can Confirm Fringe is coming back.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Glad to hear this. The show could stand a little tweaking, but I'm interested to see where they go in the second season.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I watched the first season and enjoyed it.

I really relate with the show since I live in Metro Vancouver. I know all the streets, landmarks etc..
Show freaked me out when I first watched it.. lol cause i've had a lot of the same thoughts.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
woot.

Not usually a fan of cheezy sci fi.

But my a few of my friends are on the writing staff and production.

Great show

Hi tenth. I don't know if they are open to suggestions, but it would be nice to see them allow Keira's character to really settle into the authority and rank someone in the upper echelons has made sure she now has. It would also be nice to see her character become bolder, and a bit more kickass, without going overboard, of course. I do like that they proportionately showcase the technology of her suit, and in her head.

Just some thoughts.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The premise and plots are good, but the lead actress isn't believable for me. Stopped watching after the third episode.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

But she's hot

I was actually glad to see a new face, and I think she does a good job. There is a bit of lack luster in her presence, but it is still sellable.
edit on 25-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
They said the same thing about Anna Torv, Olivia Dunham on Fringe. Look how great an actor she became. It's only the first season, give her time to grow!
edit on 25-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
We in the US have just picked up this show on ScyFy...unfortunately I thought they were running season 2 and watched all of season 1 online. :/
I'm done all ten episodes and I am sorry to say I have to wait till I think next January for Season Two, ugh!!! I can't wait!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Season 3 has just started.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Watching as I type....so far so good.
I have enjoyed the show, I did quit for a while but went back when there was nowt else on.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Well I watched season one a while ago can't remember when exactly. Season two I watched at the end of last year and I thought season two was much more interesting then season one. I remember I checked when it would start again but I thought it was in April. So now I accidentally encountered ep 1.

It is an interesting start to say the least.

new topics

top topics

join