Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Evidence of ancient nuclear wars?

page: 1
3
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Did ancient civilisations indulge in nuclear warfare? We are not referring to relatively recent civilisations such as the Greeks or Egyptians, but civilisations that existed in a time unimaginably distant.


Please post your thoughts on this.

www.nasca.org.uk...




posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Actually the only solid evidence on earth of Nuclear activity is in the Sinai peninsula, little more than a dead zone now. As well as the two lakes near the dead sea, where Sodom and Gomora are thought to have been.

They are quite close crater shaped lakes that are fairly shallow and radioactive, just as is a large debris field in the middle of the sinai.

However one must take into account that deserts are inheritantly radioactive anyways.

As for these "unexplained" explosions in deep space, I would think it hard to detect one, but then again maybe not.

Either way, if they were fighting, then the wars we are seeing are actually have already happend some 180,000 years ago. Heh.



posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I think humanity is bearly reaching their peak right now. What we are seeing as nuclear sites might not have been made by us. But rather by maybe another species.
Who knows.



posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I saw that stuff a while ago and I dont know what to think. Possible, maybe. Probable, I dont think so. Nexus has more information on their site, but its mostly BS.

There have been natural nuclear reactors, so its possible one of them went into meltdown. I doubt it though.

All things aside, things like this are good warnings of why we should get rid of all nukes.

XAOS



posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by HKoT
Actually the only solid evidence on earth of Nuclear activity is in the Sinai peninsula, little more than a dead zone now. As well as the two lakes near the dead sea, where Sodom and Gomora are thought to have been.



Not exactely. There is many place on earth where you can find some vast area who are completely vitrified.

Also, the Gobi desert is very strange and doesn't look natural.



posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
UP is right -
Check out Lost Cities and Ancient Civilizations, for an overview(that's a book). There are numerous locations which contain unnatural levels of radiation - nuclear blast-type levels. There are areas where the rock is melted and fused as only a nuclear blast could do, where the animal and human remains are also full of the same levels of radiation.
The author of Lost Cities concludes that there was a war between or within those civilizations, and that monolithic structures like pyramids are the creation of the post-war peoples, and what little technological information they remembered from their past.
Consider the fact that the ancients had electricity, projectile weapons, and metallurgy. Consider historical documents, such as the Koran, which describe the explosion of nuclear bombs/missiles? I'll have to go find it, but I think the Koran or another document also acknowledges the existence of microscopic particles(atoms?_)



posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The Mahabharata, an ancient Indian saga at least five thousand years old speaks of flying machines called Vimanas that were used to launch a powerful weapon of destruction; " a single projectile charged with all the power of the universe!"

Here is a reference concerning the destruction unleashed by two warring sets of adversaries: "The Earth shook, scorched by the terrible heat of this weapon. Elephants burst into flames and ran to and fro in a frenzy, seeking a protection from terror. Over a vast area other animals crumpled to the ground and died. The waters boiled, and the creatures residing therein also died. From all points of the compass the arrows of the flame rained continuously!

Later we find: "An incandescent column of smoke and fire, as brilliant as ten thousand suns rose in all its splendour. It was the unknown weapon, the iron thunderbolt, .....a gigantic messenger of death!" The effect of this weapon was that, "The corpses were so burnt that they were no longer recognisable. Hair and nails fell out. Pottery broke without cause. Birds, disturbed, circled in the air and were turned white. Foodstuffs were poisoned!"

sounds nuclear to me.



posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Perhaps this is a cycle that has gone on for who knows how long, we build up create civilizations... war breaks out we blast ourselves back into the stone age...

And Maybe planet X was is the asteroid belt, or should i say the belt WAS planet X



posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...
Explanation: The remnants of nuclear reactors nearly two billion years old were found in the 1970s in Africa. These reactors are thought to have occurred naturally. No natural reactors exist today, as the relative density of fissile uranium has now decayed below that needed for a sustainable reaction. Pictured above is Fossil Reactor 15, located in Oklo, Gabon. Uranium oxide remains are visible as the yellowish rock. Oklo by-products are being used today to probe the stability of the fundamental constants over cosmological time-scales and to develop more effective means for disposing of human-manufactured nuclear waste.



posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
The Mahabharata, an ancient Indian saga at least five thousand years old speaks of flying machines called Vimanas that were used to launch a powerful weapon of destruction; " a single projectile charged with all the power of the universe!"

Here is a reference concerning the destruction unleashed by two warring sets of adversaries: "The Earth shook, scorched by the terrible heat of this weapon. Elephants burst into flames and ran to and fro in a frenzy, seeking a protection from terror. Over a vast area other animals crumpled to the ground and died. The waters boiled, and the creatures residing therein also died. From all points of the compass the arrows of the flame rained continuously!

Later we find: "An incandescent column of smoke and fire, as brilliant as ten thousand suns rose in all its splendour. It was the unknown weapon, the iron thunderbolt, .....a gigantic messenger of death!" The effect of this weapon was that, "The corpses were so burnt that they were no longer recognisable. Hair and nails fell out. Pottery broke without cause. Birds, disturbed, circled in the air and were turned white. Foodstuffs were poisoned!"

sounds nuclear to me.


This quote was fabricated by the people at nexus to lend crednece to theit story, there is no such passage in the mahabarata. Same with the oppenheimer quote about we not being the first civilization to detonate nuclear weapons.

XAOS



posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Lysergic, cool find with the natural reactor page
Thanks!

I have read about them, but not seen any photos like that.

Xaos, I understand where you are going about the natural reactors going supercritical, however it has never been found to be the case, and honestly I dont think that it is possible in nature. Although there may well be enough naturally occurring radioactives to start up a limited chain reaction, it would very likely NOT be enough in terms of amount or in terms of purity to carry on a sustained and uncontrolled chain reaction (the possible exception to this in nature may be in the inner mantle and core, where some rules tend to bend, but nto in the crust). Also, there would be too much intervening material acting as a moderator to allow a runaway chain reaction.

As far as evidence for far past nuclear events, I am drawn to stories of the Vitrified Forts of the Scottish Highlands.

The rock these "forts" are made out of is granite, but most all of them have been melted into a vitrious glass for 360 degrees around thier entire circumfrence. I dont know how many of these forts there are, but I understand there to be dozens.

(Gryffen, any local info on these???)

I did read a report about these where an experiment was conducted. Representative granite from the area was surround by a complete bonfire built around it, with the idea to find out how hard it would be to melt the rock. The calculations from this experiment showed that in order to create just a handful of these "forts" (and there were dozens of them) it would require the consumption of every tree in Scotland.



posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   
On nexus there is a two page report on all of what is being discussed here. Scottish castles, vitrified sand, the mahabarata, India, everything. I dont think much of it is true but those who want info on this there is alot here:

Page 1

Page 2

I hope this helps.

XAOS



posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Bute-Dunagoil on the Sound of Bute off Arran Island.


I can check this one out, it's not far from me. The rest are a bit of a trek. Strange I've never heard of this, It's the kind of thing I usually know about especially if it's in my local area. I'll go and check it out at some point soon, it's only a ferry ride away. Could probably get some rock samples if you want them Dragonrider.



posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Did ancient civilisations indulge in nuclear warfare? We are not referring to relatively recent civilisations such as the Greeks or Egyptians, but civilisations that existed in a time unimaginably distant.


Please post your thoughts on this.

www.nasca.org.uk...


One should perhaps first determin the nature of these stories, whether they speek of something long gone or something future. They are spiritual scriptures, they could just aswell be prophetic... Anyhow the weapon they speek about has to be an atomic bomb.

Blessings,
Mikromarius



posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Please post your thoughts on this.

www.nasca.org.uk...



C'mon -- you're a geologist -- and you didn't twig to them identifying supernovae as "mysterious deep space explosions"???? I thought that was the funniest part of the site!


It was great for a laugh, but we've already debunked most of that stuff -- much of it is old science (like the asteroid belt things) that was outdated after the 1970's. And I'm surprised you didn't howl with laughter at the forced conclusion on the antigravity hills. With your geological background, that should have been a no-brainer debunking for you and you could have supplied a list of a number of other similar sites as part of your debunking.

Anyway, it was a hoot to read! Someone needs to update their science books, though, and get their nose out of the Velikovsky stuff.



posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius
One should perhaps first determin the nature of these stories, whether they speek of something long gone or something future. They are spiritual scriptures, they could just aswell be prophetic... Anyhow the weapon they speek about has to be an atomic bomb.


Actually, we've debunked this one before. The "scriptures" are faked and don't appear anywhere in any Hindu text (in fact, the ONLY place they appear is on websites that fell victim to the hoax -- they do not show up in any English translation of the Mahabharata... something you can easily check for yourself.)



posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The human race is over 5 million years old. We only have historical records about the last what 5,000 years!?!?!



posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
But we have fossil records of the last 5 million and it took almost that entire time for us to develop agriculture, let alone written language.

XAOS



posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
asteroid impacts seem to cause similar effects (i.e. Tunguska Blast in Russia). Maybe DR would be better suited to explain it...





new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join