It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will He Receive The Attention He Deserves ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by dayve

That makes sense, but one guy walking on the moon is more of an accomplishment for himself, not the "world"

That is not how Armstrong viewed it. He always minimized his role.

I wasn't tryin to minimize or slander him, but his generation and people born before the 70's are going to see him more of a hero as younger people. I probably shouldnt have said anything somebodys gonna take it the wrong way... Ohwell
edit on 25-8-2012 by dayve because: typoh

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I wasn't tryin to minimize or slander him, but his generation and people born before the 70's are going to see him more of a hero as younger people.

I know you weren't. I said that he minimized his own importance.

I think any "younger people" who are interested in space exploration will be suitably aware of Armstrong's place. The rest? It doesn't really matter.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
Thank you for bringing this up. I pray that he does, he certainly deserves it. We will have to wait and see. I also
believe the people whom are perpetuating the Moon Hoax will come out in droves to trash him. I expect to see very liberal journalist even dare to go there.

Obama will say something weak and will have I, me and my in his 10 sec. sentence. I do expect that. ya know something like: Niel Armstrong is a pioneer to be remembered. That is why I and my administration have devoted blah blah blah......with Nasa......back to the moon....blah blah....and the Mars rover was my idea because I feel what is important to the you is also important to me It was me and my administration who fought for our advances in space exploration.....He will use this to further his political agenda......

Nice to see you elevated.
Pax

Obama is just a celebrity and that's where his experience ends. He gets more media facetime than Lindsay Lohan makes it into the tabloids. I remember when the troops were coming back from Iraq and he was supposed to give them a welcoming home speech, and instead of addressing them he spent the entire time blowing rainbows up Michelle's ass. Whenever he gets on tv i just ignore it, seems like he's on tv every week making some grand speech people shouldn't even care about.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join