It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Armstrong dead at age 82 - report

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
On topic, Godspeed Neil

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

So they couldn't lean back at all? They just had to stand perfectly straight on every single shot? Get real. If you got the moon you'd be pointing your camera every which way possible.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

They landed right on the boarder of where night and day met. They should be able to see stars. If not they could have went into the dark side and filmed a bit and got some stars? Instead there like automatons, just pointing the camera straight, not moving it up down or any other way. That's what you do in a movie studio. Not when your just trying to capture a panoratmic scene scape where you're trying to show people what it's like there.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What are you talking about? They were in full daylight.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is a huge loss, and a huge piece of American history. I don't understand why more is not being made of it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

So they couldn't lean back at all? They just had to stand perfectly straight on every single shot? Get real. If you got the moon you'd be pointing your camera every which way possible.

Was that a joke?

Because im sure neil would be lhfao right now wherever he may be.
edit on 28-8-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by PsykoOps

They landed right on the boarder of where night and day met. They should be able to see stars. If not they could have went into the dark side and filmed a bit and got some stars? Instead there like automatons, just pointing the camera straight, not moving it up down or any other way. That's what you do in a movie studio. Not when your just trying to capture a panoratmic scene scape where you're trying to show people what it's like there.

Let me help you read carefully:

Except for light that comes directly from the sun, most of the light in the day sky is a result of scattering, which is dominated by a small-particle limit called Rayleigh Scattering. The scattering due to molecule sized particles (as in air) is greater in the forward and backward directions than it is in the lateral direction.[5] Scattering is significant for light at all visible wavelengths, but it is stronger at the shorter (bluer) end of the visible spectrum, meaning that that the scattered light is more blue than its source, the sun. The remaining sunlight, having lost some of its short wavelength components, appears slightly less blue. Scattering also occurs even more strongly in clouds. Individual water droplets exposed to white light will create a set of colored rings. If a cloud is thick enough, scattering from multiple water droplets will wash out the set of colored rings and create a washed out white color.[6] Orange clouds at sunset The sky can turn a multitude of colors such as red, orange, purple and yellow (especially near sunset or sunrise) when the light must pass through a much longer path (or optical depth) through the atmosphere. Scattering effects also partially polarize light from the sky, most pronounced at an angle 90° from the sun. Scattered light from the horizon has traveled through as much as 38 times the atmosphere than has light from the zenith, causing it to lose blue components. The result is a blue gradient — vivid at the zenith, pale near the horizon.[7] Because red light scatters as well if there is enough air in between the source and the observer, these longer wavelengths of light will also scatter significantly, making parts of the sky change color during a sunset. As the amount of atmosphere nears infinity, the scattered light appears more and more white.[8] The sun is not the only object that may appear less blue in atmosphere. Far away clouds or snowy mountaintops will seem yellow as well; that effect is not obvious on clear days, but very pronounced when clouds are covering the line of sight reducing the blue hue from scattered sunlight.[8] At higher altitudes, the sky trends to darker colors, since scattering is reduced due to lower air density; an extreme example is the moon, where there is no atmosphere and no scattering, making the sky on the moon black even when the sun is visible.[9]

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

But the moon has no atmosphere????

Correct you answered your own question well done.

and no I'm not gonna somehow learn how to be hoodwinked by satans helpers.

Sounds to me you have for years but i am here to help you and others if one pins back
ones ears opens ones eyes and shuns the charlatans i.e richie dick to his freinds hoax hoagie

Listen r2d2

1 Earth=atmoshpere=light scattering i.e light skies in daytime
2 Moon=no atmoshpere no light scattering i.e an extreme example is the moon, where there is no
atmosphere and no scattering, making the sky on the moon black even when the sun is visible

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Might I suggest you start another thread to discuss all this. It is way off topic. Like it or not, someone whom most Americans, indeed, many people of many nations, consider to be one of history's great heroes has passed away. Let people mourn on this thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by r2d246

Might I suggest you start another thread to discuss all this. It is way off topic. Like it or not, someone whom most Americans, indeed, many people of many nations, consider to be one of history's great heroes has passed away. Let people mourn on this thread.

I second that old freind my apologies too for being enticed away.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
What are you talking about? They were in full daylight.

So what your saying then is they would have no reason to point the camera up ever since there was no stars? They could never do a 360 degree shot with the 16mm video camera? They couldn't go up down or actually swing it around a bit? They virtually always had a direct shot or a small scene where they could move the camera a bit to the left or right but that's it? You actually believe that? Just think about your own experiences when you travel. You're in a desert lets just say. You would never do a 360 in the desert with your iphone to show in a video what's all around you? Like come on.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Ya your right. He was an interesting person for sure. Regardless of whether he went or didn't go. None of that matters. He help advance space travel that's the main thing which is astro-nomical ha ha

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
This is a huge loss, and a huge piece of American history. I don't understand why more is not being made of it.

Do you mean passing away on the Operating Table?
Yes its suspicious, if indeed that was the case.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Neil Armstrong' s demise is a huge loss because it proves that the 60's Apollo project was wrong. Why was the mission called 'Apollo'? It could only have meant the attempt of creation, one mans name was on every lip and that man would be Apollo, destined to live forever. Now disproven, however the ways of man are mysterious, Apollo was summoned and he did rise. Who was he? Paul Newman.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Fabulous obituary piece on Neil Armstrong by T.C. over on the Economist site.

www.economist.com...

Everyone should read it. The best I have seen so far from anybody on the great man's passing.

Rest in Peace Neil..............We love you..............
edit on 8-9-2012 by outtadabox because: capitalization problem

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by carboniclight

The vandalism you have committed on that page is no different than the ghouls who post rude comments on the Facebook pages of dead little girls. Sick, sick, mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join