It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Armstrong dead at age 82 - report

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The poignant symbolism of the first of our species to set foot on alien terra firma, passing away so soon after we make our first real venture to somewhere other than the Moon, is not lost on this reader.

R.I.P.
edit on 26-8-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage,

When you prove to me you're telepathic, I might give credence to your comment. Otherwise, keep your non-sense out of a thread mourning the loss of an American hero.

Until next time.

Edit: For clarification, I will not taint this thread bickering opinions on what I meant with what I said. No post from you will be replied to (or read) beyond this point.
edit on 26-8-2012 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

For sure a great actor. But it doesn't diminish Neil's achievement. What he did was far more difficult than actually land on the moon. Imagine the difficulties. He was great. Lawrence Olivier could not have done better. Neil you will be missed.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

Originally posted by r2d246

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

Very sad news. He had just gone through a heart operation so I wonder if it is related to that. He perhaps was the most famous man in the world after setting down as the first man on the moon. It was a fantastic achievement then and continues to be the furthest humanity has traveled in person in our Solar System.

Great man.

More to follow.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Funny thing.... the scientist who invented many of the first soviet rockets that launched there first satalites and orbitors etc etc also died in the hands of dr's, Only for him it was on the operating table. Good way to keep secrets. Just make it look like they died while trying to get care. Like perfect cover up to a possible whistle blower.

I take it you're referring to Sergei Korolev? That man was invaluable to the Soviet space program, it is absolutely ludicrous to think they murdered him, and in such a way. If the Russians wanted you dead, they didn't bother with trying to hide it, they just done you in and that was that.

Funny thing.... is how some peoples minds work, or rather, how they don't.

edit on 26-8-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

Naaaa the dude was famous there. They wouldn't drag him off and kill him. They make it look like an accident. Same with Armstrong. it's always just an accident. The number 1 choice of any professional assassin. That way there's little to no investigation. The whole thing is neetly covered up. No one is to blame. That's why it's almost always an accident with rich and famous people. Especially any that they either want put away into a resort prison for political assets, or if the celeb wants to fake there death. So many were accidents and staged in a way where there's no proof one way or another what really happened or if it was just all faked. Perfect example of this was Been-lay-diin, Ghadaffi, Sadam and his sons. All good fakery. Body doubles. no bodies just dumped in the sea and stupid explainations like that. But they know they can trick most people as most people are just zombies that believe anything in MSM anyway so it doesn't matter.
edit on 26-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

You obviously don't know anything about how things were done in post war Soviet Russia do you?

Add to that the fact that Korolev was not famous while he was alive.

Whatever dude, continue on your path, you got it all figured out, every thing's fake.

edit on 26-8-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Can't help but wondering how many secrets went to that grave..... RIP .

I guess there is always hope that he wrote some of them down somewhere and someday we will get to read them.

Would be interesting if he just wrote about the moon for like 50 pages.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It's sad that I've barely seen any recognition of this in mainstream media. I saw one channel mention him for < 5 seconds.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
When Moammar Qaddafi died, people on this site rushed to sing his praises as a great hero. Why am I not surprised that so many here are trying to vilify Neil Armstrong?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
There are calls from some, mainly this Republican congressman, for Armstrong to be given a state funeral.

State funerals, held in the US capital Washington DC, are steeped in tradition and usually only held for former presidents, the last being Gerald Ford in 2006. The last non-president to be granted one was Gen Douglas MacArthur, the Second World War and Korean War soldier, in 1964, five years before Armstrong landed on the moon. Such an event typically involves pall-bearers from five branches of the US Armed Forces, a series of artillery salutes, a fly-past and a number of bands and choirs. The flag-draped coffin is taken in a horse-drawn gun-carriage and placed in the Capitol rotunda for a public viewing, and a service is held at the Washington National Cathedral. Bill Johnson, a Republican congressman from Armstrong's home state of Ohio, led calls for the astronaut to get a similar honour.

"I ask President Obama to hold a state funeral for Neil Armstrong so that every American may pay tribute to this groundbreaking hero," he said. "His first step on the moon showed the world that Americans can do anything." However, Mr Armstrong, a former US Navy test pilot, was a determinedly private figure who granted few interviews and shunned publicity. His family may object to a public funeral. A private service is expected to be held on Thursday or Friday.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I think his family should be fully consulted before any decision over this is made.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

I still haven't seen anything about this on msn. I remember when Michael Jackson died, it was the only thing on tv for a week.
I guess some people think doing the moon walk was more noteworthy than actually walking on the moon...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Many Apollo hoax believers are well meaning people who have been duped into believing the hoax theories by what they perceive to be compelling evidence. Although I may not agree with their views, I mean these people no malice. There are other hoax advocates, often representing themselves as experts, who publicly make claims based on erroneous conclusions resulting from a lack of proper research, scientific ignorance, or extreme prejudice. I find these people to be very dangerous because they possess the power to sway people into accepting their assertions as fact. A third possibility is that there are those who may believe the moon landings were real, but intentionally try to persuade people otherwise for some sort of attention, fame or profit. These people I believe are especially loathsome.

The thing I find most bothersome about the hoax advocates is their repeated failure to apply the scientific method, that is, the principles of discovery and demonstration considered necessary for scientific investigation, generally involving the observation of phenomena, the formulation of a hypothesis concerning the phenomena, experimentation to demonstrate the truth or falseness of the hypothesis, and a conclusion that validates or modifies the hypothesis. The hoax advocates routinely observe a phenomenon; they usually call it an anomaly, dream up one possible explanation for the anomaly, and then jump straight to the conclusion that their explanation is the correct one. They universally fail to put their claims through the rigorous testing necessary to validate them. It is this failing that irreparably damages the credibility of the hoax advocates.

The problem the hoax advocates face is that there is a mountain of evidence supporting the authenticity of the moon landings. In order to substantiate their story, this evidence must be refuted. In some cases, the hoax advocates propose arguments that, on the surface, appear to have some merit, but as they try to dismiss other evidence it becomes more difficult. Usually their claims become more and more outlandish, often times foolish. In many cases they resort to making assertions that are seriously flawed in both science and logic. On the other hand, the claims of the moon landing supporters are always based on scientific fact.(It's easy when you have truth on your side.)

Speaking of giant steps : Shun the charalatans/research the truth/

This, my moon conspiracy freinds is just one 'huge giant leap in the right direction".

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Hey. Let the hoax advocates, have their opinion and say, doesnt change the truth one bit
that the landings were real.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
reply to post by denver22

Hey. Let the hoax advocates, have their opinion and say, doesnt change the truth one bit
that the landings were real.

Where does it say in my posts that they cannot have their say?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
First it was Michael Jackson and now Neil Armstrong.

Is there a conspiracy against moonwalkers?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I stand corrected,still a very cool picture.
Thanks,are there any of Neil's footprints that are not misidentified?because google is identifying Buzzes as Neil's?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
R.I.P. Neil

This one's for you...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I stand corrected,still a very cool picture.
Thanks,are there any of Neil's footprints that are not misidentified?because google is identifying Buzzes as Neil's?

It's an iconic photograph, that's why it's associated with Armstrong.

I've never actually seen a picture of Armstrong's boot print, not in the same vein as this photo anyways.

I'm sure there are pictures of both the astronauts boot prints somewhere, but I can't find any except this one right now.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
May he find peace and love within the light of the stars, R.I.P Neil Armstrong and thanks for your services as a cosmic man of EA*RTH and in helping me to keep my eyes to the skies.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join