Akin VS Obama: Scary Similarities; Very Different Reactions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

If Obama is not pro-choice and pro-abortion, then please explain to me what he is...

A typical politician waffling exactly as almost all of them do when facing a highly acerbic issue?

This, like gun control and a few others, is an issue that most politicians are smart enough to shy away from. It's a subject that kills careers... As is happening to Mr Akin currently. Do I need to start a thread titled "Even Mitt Romney Distances Himself From Akin?" Because there is ample proof that it's true.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Here's another video for your viewing pleasure. Obama doesn't stride from his pro-choice stance. He says he is pro-choice in all circumstances.

If Obama is not pro-choice and pro-abortion, then please explain to me what he is...

Sounds like he is against government meddling in people's private medical matters. Wow, how extreme of him.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

No need, it's already in my OP, or did you not read it?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Sounds like he is against government meddling in people's private medical matters. Wow, how extreme of him.

How wrong is this statement? I have one word for you. Obamacare!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I dont see any similarities between their policies and voting history.. I would really love it if someone who bashed Obama would have a good argument behind it. It becomes difficult to even try and remain partisan when you see one side just making stuff up basically.

i am down to hear criticism of the president, but can it please be valid? This is just non sense.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SamLuv

please point out what is nonsense? I'd be happy to clarify. The hypocrisy of the media is insane! They don't care about Obama's extremism but the do care about Akin's! That's what this thread is about. Please explain your stance?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

reply to post by SamLuv

please point out what is nonsense? I'd be happy to clarify. The hypocrisy of the media is insane! They don't care about Obama's extremism but the do care about Akin's! That's what this thread is about. Please explain your stance?

What media are you talking about? Fox

The below are media giants.

Rush, Dennis Miller, Sean, G. Liddy, Neal Boortz, Larry Elder, Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, Alan Keyes, M. Medved, D Prazer, P Schalafly and my hero Glenn Beck.

There are plenty of people commenting on Obama's extremism. The Right is very well represented...

quit whining....
edit on 25-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Its all a matter of perception. What you may call 'extremism' I might call common sense, or absolutely needed, deepening on what we are discussing specifically. I don't see Obama pushing forward Abortion Bills.. But I do see the Right pushing forward dozens of bills across the country. I see that as extremism, and a distraction.

Saying Obama is an extremist when he represents (on abortion) his party closely to where most Americans are. Which is, I am pro life, but I am not anti choice. You can be pro life, and still respect the circumstance and choices of a Woman to decide on her own. To me, these are not mutually exclusive.

Extremist to me is fringe ideas, that don't represent your voter base. Being that Obama has not pushed forward bills to allow abortion at any length of the pregnancy, its hard to legitimize that for me.. Because its just an assumption of what he wants.. its not his actual actions we are discussing, but instead, a possibility. When you have one party taking action to limit, and the other doing nothing. How can the party doing nothing be accused of being extremist?

And like the Poster below me says, the right is definitely well represented.

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join