Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Akin VS Obama: Scary Similarities; Very Different Reactions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There's a saying in politics, "if one side is extreme, then so is the other." However that extreme is shaped by the media. We on ATS know this to be true. In fact, its the purpose of this website and the purpose of their new website, unpartial.com. To weed out knee-jerk reactions and to hopefully bring a balance to extreme rhetoric and to deny ignorance. Unfortunately this rarely happens on this site or in the media.

Take Rep. Todd Akin for instance who is running for a Senate Seat in Missouri a solid Republican state. The Republicans have all but abandoned Todd Akin (now), but he is refusing to step aside. The left media is going crazy and painting all Republicans as Woman hating magic believing nuts. Of course, the left has always thought of us this way, but now they just have an excuse to talk about it.

Was there any outcry over Obama's extreme voting record or indeed comments about Abortion? No! Obama loves abortion! He loves it so much that he believes that it is a universal right for Woman to kill their babies no matter what stage of development. In fact, as a candidate he told Planned Parenthood that he will work to make that very right into law! On any restrictions for abortion Obama has been consistently the only person in Congress to vote against them, even as the bills unanimously passed to protect unborn babies in various stages of development Obama has remained consistent in his moral crusade.

Now, there is no question that the republicans need Missouri if they want to take over the Senate. If Todd Akin drops out, they almost have no chance. Political analysts are saying that Todd Akin may still win Missouri if he rides the storm out. They cite that voters have short memories and even the republican establishment will come back around to his aid. Indeed the republicans have not pulled funding for his campaign. In fact, he is gathering a cult following of powerful religious fundamentalists who are rushing to his aid. Analysts point to the fact that the race is still close in Missouri and that the GOP will eventually fall in line with Akin's campaign even though they are keeping their distance today. Does this sound familiar?

In the media if they don't like a democrats stance on something they simply bury the story. However, Right wing outlets are dragging up the topic again. The media ignored Obama's extreme love of abortion and the democrats fell right in line! Obama and Akin are both outsiders who defined their party's stance on abortion. Now, with Obamacare's mandate for certain abortion medication and birth control, the democrats have piled on board with Obama's beliefs. Akin stands for principle and some Republicans are warming up to him after his remarks. Will the whole party do the same? I really hope not, but he could still win the election in Missouri.

The National Right to Life Committee found several instances to back up my theory that the democrats, not the republicans are the extreme ones on this issue. All rallying around their God-In-Chief President Obama. Obama while keeping silent at first on the bill which banned abortions based on sex selection only when pressured answered that he was against government intrusion in this instance. Oh Right!?

Obama believes that Abortion can and should be allowed in any and all cases, but while the media hypes up Mitt Romney's non-existent ties to Todd Akin's comments and Paul Ryan's abortion bills. They refuse to cover Obama's beliefs!

In fact, many people (myself included) give credit to the media for propping Obama up on a pedestal after winning Iowa in 2008 and thus allowing him to win the Presidency.

How Akin Could Still Win

Obama's Extreme Abortion Views
edit on 25-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Without getting into this, AGAIN, you might want to research what obama's ACTUAL stance is, and not just take right word propaganda as fact.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You must be joking. There are no similarities here. Just Right-wing DESPERATION and propaganda (YAWN) as unusual here from ya!

The DESPERATION is really showing with the republican cheerleaders (most likely paid shills perhaps???) here.

There is gonna be a [color=limegreen]LANDSLIDE WIN for a candidate this November. And the results are gonna make you weep I assure you!!

The Right-wing cheerleaders here will SOON have to trade their POMPOMS in for TISSUES!!

Just total DESPERATION before the TISSUES come out...

edit on 25-8-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
akin is an idiot

accept it

all the proof you need is every single republican wants him gone, and not a single one tried to use this approach to defend him

every single one

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Obama did vote "present", instead of "yay" or "nay" on quite a few abortion and choice issues.

That's nowhere near the same as being a strong antagonist against abortion, as Mr Akin. is.

WP Article on Obama and abortion.

Akins history on Abortion Issues

So... Now abstaining is equal to endorsement?

A huge stretch to connect invisible dots IMO.

The truth sets people free. Manipulations of truth enslaves them.

~Heff
edit on 8/25/12 by Hefficide because: typo and clarity ( busy day and posting fast )

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
akin is an idiot

accept it

all the proof you need is every single republican wants him gone, and not a single one tried to use this approach to defend him

every single one

I'm not defending him. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy. People really don't seem to get the difference.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

then just post the direct and specific quotes that demonstate obama feels a womans body rejects pregnancies from "legitimate rape"

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Obama refuses to answer Abortion Question:

White House does not know Obama Abortion Stance:

Obama saying he will not rest in until pro-choice is law and a right!

Is it still rhetoric if he says it and does it too?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
NRLC as a source on how a pro choice politician is like Akin? That's like using PETA as a unbiased source on why pet stores are like Michael Vick.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Do you understand the concept of extremes between the two parties? Obama doesn't believe that Akin does! It will be hard to find Obama saying that. But I did list three videos above with Obama stating what he believes!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Do the videos make you happier? I don't think NBC covered Obama's abortion issue. So of course, I had to use a biased source. NBC is in Obamas pockets!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by Kaploink

Do the videos make you happier? I don't think NBC covered Obama's abortion issue. So of course, I had to use a biased source. NBC is in Obamas pockets!!!!

Obama is pro-choice - that's not extreme. I didn't see anything in your videos that prove he is in favor of late-term abortion for just any reason.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Look at his voting record. Or just type in google, "Obama and Abortion." You'll see what he has voted on or more like against!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

No! Obama loves abortion! He loves it so much that he believes that it is a universal right for Woman to kill their babies no matter what stage of development. In fact, as a candidate he told Planned Parenthood that he will work to make that very right into law!

It PAINS me when people claim that abortion rights activists are ALL FOR ABORTION! Let's get something straight. There is a HUGE difference between being pro-abortion , suggestiong that people believe women should opt for abortionas much as possible, and being Pro-choice and advocating that women should have the right to choose what happens to their own bodies. Ive met many people who are pro-choice but anti-abortion. Maybe you should think about what that really means before you go around suggesting that abortion rights activist are about promoting abortion.

edit on 25-8-2012 by nunya13 because: Fix quot tags

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Lolz it doesn't matter. Obama is both pro-choice and pro-abortion. Here is an article detailing Obama's love of abortion and how he used government taxpayer dollars to fund it. One of the pictures shows him standing with the President of Planned Parenthood. (ironically a woman)

500 Million Tax Payer Dollars Funds Planned Parenthood

No media reports about this. Had to use alternative right wing sources to even find the details. in one of the videos I posted above you have Obama standing in front of a Planned Parenthood banner, no doubt talking about planned parenthood to a pro-choice, pro-abortion audience. I am pro-choice and pro-abortion, but I do not fund or advocate it. Obama does both!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I really have no response to this rant full of lies and distortion...but I do want to point out one thing

There's a saying in politics, "if one side is extreme, then so is the other."

No it's not...once again you just make crap up out of thin air. That is not a saying...never has been...you made it up.

In fact...if you google "if one side is extreme, then so is the other"...it will come up with one result...this thread.

Where do you come up with this garbage???

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

reply to post by kaylaluv

Look at his voting record. Or just type in google, "Obama and Abortion." You'll see what he has voted on or more like against!

Obama has typically voted "present" on bills against abortion. Conceptually, that is neither a yes nor a no. It probably means he agrees with some of it, but not all of it. As a matter of fact, NOW was very angry with him for not voting a resounding no. I hardly think this qualifies him as extremist.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Akin is exteme right. So far right he's off the scale. For Obama to be the mirror image of that on the left, (so far left he's off the scale), he's have to be so pro-abortion that he goes into being pro-infanticide. Can you show that Obama is pro-infanticide??

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Made up you guys say????

In 1997, Obama voted in the Illinois Senate against SB 230, a bill designed to prevent partial-birth abortions. In the US Senate, Obama has consistently voted to expand embryonic stem cell research. He has voted against requiring minors who get out-of-state abortions to notify their parents. The National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL) gives Obama a 100% score on his pro-choice voting record in the Senate for 2005, 2006, and 2007.

Obama's Abortion Record

Find me anybody more radical left than him on Abortion. The tough questions he doesn't answer everything else he votes no, against...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Here's another video for your viewing pleasure. Obama doesn't stride from his pro-choice stance. He says he is pro-choice in all circumstances.

If Obama is not pro-choice and pro-abortion, then please explain to me what he is...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join