It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death Throes of Authoritarianism? Or True Enlightenment Preparation?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by openlocks
reply to post by BlueMule

How dare that smug Buddha imply that we are asleep and he is awake! What arrogance!

Well, this clearly shows yo have never read any of the suttas or studied much about the Buddha. He is thought to have said, "All beings are awake" upon his enlightenment though and no where does he say others are asleep while he is awake.

A wakeful state implies a sleep state.

To say 'all beings are awake' is to say all beings are the Buddha-mind. Or Christ. Or the Tao. Or Atman, or whatever you want to call it. Being implies non-being - all beings are one and awake, all non-beings are separate and asleep. To wake is to be-come being.

"Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?" Matthew 25:44

"All the Buddhas and all sentient beings are nothing but the One Mind, beside which nothing exists."

-Huang Po

If one wants to regard the One Mind as real and eternal and everything else as temporal and illusory then yes all beings are awake because there is only one being. Only the real and the eternal is being. The you that you think you are is just a miraculous, wonderful, loveable hallucination. It's temporal and so it's not real; not being. You are the One Mind.

LOL, I think we are saying you don't get it. "words were never enough...blah...blah....blah". Quit the nonsense. I know exactly what you are saying. I've had all sorts of samadhi's and other "spiritual" experiences. I am friends with many monks and "spiritually enlightened" folks. I am not "nit-picking" your words either, I am merely repeating what you are saying in a more sincere light. You have distorted spirituality to fit you egoic desires of being more special than others. Many people do, it okay, but it is in your benefit to admit to it and inquire into the causes.

And do you back away from your friends when they mention their psychic experiences, as if they are crazy, the way you did to me when you responded to my use of the p-word? Or do you reserve that kind of rudeness for strangers on the internet.

edit on 30-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

A wakeful state implies a sleep state. To say 'all beings are awake' is to say all beings are the Buddha-mind. Or Christ. Or the Tao. Or Atman, or whatever you want to call it. Being implies non-being - all beings are one and awake, all non-beings are separate and asleep. To wake is to be-come being. "Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?" Matthew 25:44 "All the Buddhas and all sentient beings are nothing but the One Mind, beside which nothing exists." -Huang Po If one wants to regard the One Mind as real and eternal and everything else as temporal and illusory then yes all beings are awake because there is only one being. Only the real and the eternal is being. The you that you think you are is just a miraculous, wonderful, loveable hallucination. It's temporal and so it's not real; not being. You are the One Mind.

You say all beings are awake, and all non-beings are separate and asleep. Yet you also say everyone who challenges you is asleep. When as anyone not been Being? Please tell me that? I am saying you are not less "awake" then I am. I create no division between me and you. It is you have created division by saying others are not aware of 'God', while you are, as if that is to imply some sort of superiority. I call that pathological thinking and has nothing to do with spirituality.

And do you back away from your friends when they mention their psychic experiences, as if they are crazy, the way you did to me when you responded to my use of the p-word? Or do you reserve that kind of rudeness for strangers on the internet.

Responded to what p-word? Oh you mean when I said, "I myself have experienced psychic abilities while in deep samadhi's, but I am not positive it actually was a psychic ability because I cannot replicate it on cue and thus I reserve my opportunity to remain open minded to the fact it could be purely illusory." Is that what you mean?

Now you are just flat out lying and being insincere. Anyways, I really don't see why you are arguing with me. I called you out for being divisive and arrogant by concluding you are somehow more "awake" than others. I said that is not spirituality, not how any of the monks or teachers I have studied have taught it, and if it is, I want nothing to do with it because it is hateful and separative.

Have fun...

edit on 30-8-2012 by openlocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by GreenEyedGemini

Originally posted by GreenEyedGemini

reply to post by NorEaster

I have been what others have called a "Seeker" and as of recently been on a journey of self discovery instead of what I have spent most of my life searching for outside of me.

I have learned in thanks to the Internet how to better myself and how to grow in so many different ways. I have found avenues of knowledge that before would have cost a University education open to me. I have found I am handier then I ever believed because I can find a video on someone else doing what I need to do! I feel empowered that I can grow vegetables and cook in ways I never thought I could! I have re-discovered my soul and am learning about my spirit again in a fresh new way than the old dogma I grew up with and is running this country into the ground…

Now for the confusing part I have been learning that I am not important…I am not to love who I am but become one with the source? That my ego has to die…ok well I admit some of it needs to be toned down but die? Why would I sacrifice what I am, what I am becoming? Is enlightenment meaning we are all one? I like my individuality and I admit I want to make it better but give it up completely? I feel like I am just at the start of making myself a better person…

That is what I have been getting lately…

If ascension means being part of yet another collective but with less individualism how is this any different than the materialistic, capitalistic drones most of us already are? Have I dropped out of a cloud or am I getting what you mean?

There will still be a YOU, you just won't be perceived as by yourself anymore. The knowledge that you hold solely now, will be added to the whole like an ingredient of a recipe. For now we are all sugar, flour, ginger etc..but afterward! We'll be cake!! Maybe not the best analogy but I hope you get the point.

But I don't want to be Cake and it sounds like BORG cake added to the collective.

I kinda like me and what I am becoming and the personal growth.

I understand what you are saying. There are so many wonderful qualities within all of us. No one wants to think of that being lost, but it won't be. It's hard to sometimes see the picture when too many of the puzzle pieces are still missing. You won't be borged exactly. You will be able to access everyone else and they will be able to access you. Just like webpages on the internet. ATS still maintains it's qualities while still being a part of a much bigger whole...the internet community. It does not lose it's individuality just because it's included and neither will you.

Next you will be telling me if I choose not to be part of this that "Resistance if Futile..."

No, not at all. There are still quite a few pieces of the puzzle missing for me as well. So I'm not going to pretend like I know more than I do. But if you knew even the tiniest tip of the iceberg, you wouldn't resist
I can't help but be VERY excited for us. This is worse than waiting to open Christmas presents!!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by openlocks

You say all beings are awake, and all non-beings are separate and asleep. Yet you also say everyone who challenges you is asleep. When as anyone not been Being? Please tell me that? I am saying you are not less "awake" then I am. I create no division between me and you. It is you have created division by saying others are not aware of 'God', while you are, as if that is to imply some sort of superiority. I call that pathological thinking and has nothing to do with spirituality.

Call it what you want.

Responded to what p-word? Oh you mean when I said, "I myself have experienced psychic abilities while in deep samadhi's, but I am not positive it actually was a psychic ability because I cannot replicate it on cue and thus I reserve my opportunity to remain open minded to the fact it could be purely illusory." Is that what you mean?

No, I mean when I said "The key is psychic ability"

and then you said...

"Okay... I'll be sneaking out now.
"

As if I was a crazy leper. Better just sneak away from the crazy person spouting nonsence about psychic ability...it might be contagious...

Now you are just flat out lying and being insincere.

I'm glad you said that. You are the one who is 'flat out' wrong because I know for a fact I am not lying or insincere. I am a very honest person. Sometimes communication difficulties and misunderstandings and whatnot can make one wonder if someone is lying. But to go so far as to actually accuse? And with such 'flat out' certainty!

So now I know something useful about you. I know that you jump to hasty conclusions and make hasty accusations and you convince yourself you are 'flat out' right about it, when you should know you might not be right and hence should be tentative. You are not a good conversation partner.

Anyways, I really don't see why you are arguing with me.

For starters, your first post to me was rude, as I said. I don't like you. I don't trust you. I don't believe anything you say. You have lost any and all credibility with me. I think you're a disingenuous debunker. That's why.

edit on 31-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join