It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to Muslims re converts from other religions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Well, great, we're almost on the same page. Let's make the planet fantastic.

If you have not encountered abuse, you are either lucky or a hermit.

Again what exactly do you mean by abuse?
I have experienced what I could call abuse from atheists at my workplace. Does that count?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
I have experienced what I could call abuse from atheists at my workplace. Does that count?

Any kind of abuse. I'm sure you know the meaning of the word and the many forms it takes.

Yes, we need to stop being cruel to each other due to affiliations. We should focus on the good behavior and desires we have in common.

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
edit on 27-8-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

We should cooperate to build a technological utopia. We should strive to eliminate stress, sickness, and injury. Everyone should have a lot of leisure time and a lot to do with it.

Sounds great. I am all for whatever you mentioned.
Just how is religion preventing or opposing any of it?

Before you bring it up, yes, there are a few disturbances which are religiously motivated. There are also disturbances which are fueled by material gain and politics.

As a crude example, I have stopped eating pork. That doesn't mean I feel the compulsion to go around preaching my views on pork to other people. I don't mind sharing a dinner table with people who eat pork. I dont force them to refrain from pork, and they don't force me to eat it.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
We should cooperate to build a technological utopia. We should strive to eliminate stress, sickness, and injury. Everyone should have a lot of leisure time and a lot to do with it.

Sounds great. I am all for whatever you mentioned.

Just how is religion preventing or opposing any of it?

Now let me ask you.... what do you think is more worthwhile...

This world, which is simply temporary?

or

The afterlife which is eternal?
Well, as long as Earth isn't put on the back burner, then there should be no conflict.

As a crude example, I have stopped eating pork. That doesn't mean I feel the compulsion to go around preaching my views on pork to other people. I don't mind sharing a dinner table with people who eat pork. I dont force them to refrain from pork, and they don't force me to eat it.

I stopped eating meat 20 years ago. I did this for both me and the other animals. I can still cook a great steak for my GF. She's going to eat a steak anyway. It might as well taste awesome

edit on 27-8-2012 by gentledissident because: quote mess. LOL

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Gentlemen,
I must say that I am delighted by the turn this thread has taken! You both sound like fantastic people, and I'm honored to have access to your thoughts.

I agree with gentledissident's vision of striving for minimum sufferage and plenty of leisure...
as well as sk0rpion's discussions of how to live knowing we will die.

One of the reasons I enjoy ATS so much is that there are people like you two (and myself) who really are trying to open constructive dialogue, solve communication barriers, and promote tolerance and cooperation.

Hat off to both of you...

Queen and Babloyi, you two have given me some great input and explanations of things that have heretofore baffled me about the Muslim culture. Thank you immensely for your open-mindedness and willingness to communicate as well!!

I'm so happy we haven't been derailed by trollish nastiness here!!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

So, Christianity and Islam are identical? It seems, then, what is causing these "holy wars" is a disagreement on who is the true Messiah. Wow, I feel like I'm living in a comic book.

Both Muslims and Christians accept Jesus as the messiah.

You are not living in a comic book. You simply don't understand Islam and what Jesus taught as well as you think you do.

edit on 27-8-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

I definetly do not understand Islam and that is because of my own dualistic views. But then I am not so happy about Christianety either since Jesus preached hidden things that most readers do not understand because they are not ready for it. And some peoples missunderstanding of Jesus make them miss everything and wander of in the totaly wrong direction thinking they understand. Jesus have already hiddenly explained what he was and is, what god is and what reality/creation is.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Now let me ask you.... what do you think is more worthwhile...

This world, which is simply temporary?

or

The afterlife which is eternal?

I consider myself a "slave of God". I would rather stay focused on the afterlife. I know that this world is only temporary. I could be "happy" here and have everything I desire. But I know that I can not take my wealth in this world (what muslims call the duniya) after I die.

I mean to say, that deeds in this life have a bearing on what you experience in the afterlife.

edit on 27-8-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

Why not focus the now and on that everything is temporary and enjoy it and learn from it as well as you can. My way of enjoying this place is very bittersweet but it is a feeling that changes me and makes me a better me. Or at least I think so. What makes you so sure heaven is forever. When you have rested up for a thousand years do you not think you will take on a mission to bring a soul or two to heaven?

To the blessed ones it is just another day in Paradise.

Phil Collins Another Day In Paradise Lyrics

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Jesus preached hidden things that most readers do not understand because they are not ready for it.

Jesus spoke of things that we may not understand fully.
But he also clearly spoke of worshiping God and God alone....and to be nice to people.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
From my understanding it's not just what you believe that gets you into "heaven" but also your works on earth.
The Koran tells us that just because youre a muslim doesnt mean you automaticlly go to "heaven" but also just because youre not dosnt mean you go to.the fire.
As a matter of fact it say's "Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,-any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they gri
The Koran also tells us.that a muslim shouldnt choose any of Allahs prophits over the other because they are all His messingers.
I follow.all of Allahs messingers because they all were sent to reveal His light to the world.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by mideast

To those who mock beliefs to back their ignorance ,

I am waiting to see the face of the people who mock prophets in this modern age and civilization.

Thank you so much for your answer! I was hoping that was the case.....that it's one's actions that determine "destination" after death.
I'm not mocking anything, btw. I think they (the prophets) all had important information to impart....and all are equally deserving of respect.

I am sorry if my sentence was very general. It was not about you.

I agree with your comment.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join