It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All 9 people injured in Friday's shooting near the Empire State Building were wounded by Police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Unbelievable

New York (CNN) -- A disgruntled former apparel designer was killed Friday morning in a hail of police gunfire in front of the Empire State Building after he shot and killed a co-worker and engaged in a gunbattle with two officers, authorities said.
Police officers fired a total of 16 rounds; one officer shot nine while another one shot seven, the New York Police Department said.

Don't have much on this as of yet as the story is still breaking.

www.cnn.com

All 9 people injured in Friday's shooting near the Empire State Building were wounded by Police
edit on 25-8-2012 by drivebricker because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2012 by drivebricker because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/8/2012 by Sauron because: internal quote tags to external quote tags

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Wounded by a comma!?

Oh the humanity!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Wounded by police fire, not the shooter himself.

CNN

I hope they didn't just shoot at the guy and not think about the other people around.

ETA:

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the bystanders were not hit directly by police, but rather the officers' struck "flowerpots and other objects around, so ... their bullets fragmented and, in essence, that's what caused the wounds."

edit on 25-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

There's your missing link.

"Collateral damage" - 9 innocent civilians injured by the police. Now, try to tell us the police are humans and not a militarized mercenary corps! Collateral damage is a MILITARY term. "Lou Palumbo - Director, Elite Group LTD., FMR. Police Officer" - on the video used the term.

Edit - 16 police rounds were shot? Geesh! 9 rounds by one cop and 7 rounds by the other cop! That's some lousy shooting!

One of those wounded, Erica Solar, was on her way to get a cup of coffee at Dunkin' Donuts when a bullet tore through the back of her leg, her brother said. The Manhattan receptionist is being treated at the city's Bellevue Hospital.

Robert Asika, a 23-year-old city tour guide, was on his way to work when he got caught in the crossfire.

"When I turned around, I saw a guy reach in his suit and he pulled out a gun," he told CNN affiliate WCBS. "I guess he shot at the police officer. And the police officer shot him. And one of them shot me in the arm, and I fell."

edit on 25/8/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
They deserve a 2 week paid vacati0n./

G00d sh00ting MAVS

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

edit on Sat Aug 25 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
Can't wait to hear what Mayor Bloomberg will say now....

"No guns for anyone! Not even the Police!"

+5 more 
link   
But, I thought having more guns at a scene of a shooting would keep people safe???

These are trained police officers...and even they can't control their gunfire in broad daylight. Can you imagine if 5-10 people were armed in Aurora inside a smokey dark movie theater???

Some people want you to believe that if other people were armed, they would have taken down the shooter with one clean shot and been the hero...I think this pretty much proves them wrong.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I guess they're right, guns are dangerous, better take them away from the cops.

Doesn't New York have a gun ban? How did this disgruntle get a gun?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Here's your mercs:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Calm and cold, they are.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
1 killer dead and 9 bystanders injured in broad daylight on a crowded street?

Those cops did a good job imo.

Of course, they could have stood still shouting 'Freeze' and run the chance of the gunman emptying his clips into the crowd...

Then we'd be reading a different thread about how bad police are instead of reading this thread about how bad police are. I wonder what scenario would help those police escape a thread about bad they were? If they'd disarmed the man maybe we could have run up a thread that they put people's lives at risk?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I agree. From the article it seems that people were injured by debris and fragments...not hit directly by fire. They were lucky a stray bullet didn't find them instead.

I do not see how it could have ended any "better" other than it not happening at all.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

All that it proves is the police fired blindly, instead of with controll and precision.

[SNIP]

Any more than it proves all police afre brutal homicidal lunatics, these two obviously were, but not all of the police.

I mean honestly, how do they accidentally shoot so many innocent people? They were scared, and shot everyone that moved apparemtly!
edit on 8/25/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Removed

edit on 8/25/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit Please Read

edit on 8/25/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I mean honestly, how do they accidentally shoot so many innocent people? They were scared, and shot everyone that moved apparemtly!

Yes...exactly.

Thanks for proving my point.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I would question their accuracy and such as well, but in all fairness these people were not hit directly by gun fire. They were hit by fragments and other flying debris that was hit by gunfire.

So you can question their skill, but they did not directly shoot these people.

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
But, I thought having more guns at a scene of a shooting would keep people safe???

Yeah...because apparently having strict unconstitutional anti-gun laws saved the day.
New York City is much safer because you aren't allowed to possess a gun.
Get real.

These are trained police officers...and even they can't control their gunfire in broad daylight. Can you imagine if 5-10 people were armed in Aurora inside a smokey dark movie theater???

How is this even related to the topic?
Besides I know tons of people who are better marksmen than LEO's.

Some people want you to believe that if other people were armed, they would have taken down the shooter with one clean shot and been the hero...I think this pretty much proves them wrong.

Just more anti-gun rhetoric.
No citizen in NYC is allowed to possess a gun so how could they?

Some people stand up for the rights granted by our Constitution for protection.
Not try to circumvent them because they think they are unnecessary or "outdated".
Like this city has.

edit on 25-8-2012 by havok because: Spelling....

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Doesn't matter it proves the point far more eloquently than anyone ever could, that people are now hurt by debris or otherwise by "trained" police. Men and women that constantly are honing their skill and judgement with a firearm. These things happen and are only going to happen more frequently by the vigilante wannabe heroes that do not.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I would question their accuracy and such as well, but in all fairness these people were not hit directly by gun fire. They were hit by fragments and other flying debris that was hit by gunfire.

So you can question their skill, but they did not directly shoot these people.

It doesn't really matter, it just proves that the more guns and more bullets flying is not better for innocent bystanders.

For the people who say that an event like Aurora would have been prevented if there were more armed people in that theater, this just proves that they are wrong.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Saw that news .. this is disgusting
who in hell are they hiring to be cops these days .. criminals ?

in the old days when cops where real heroes
they would use only at last resort their guns
and be sure there is no civilians behind

look how far are those day now to shot 9 civilians ..

that mean they all fired together at him like a final scene of a violent film

and the best in all of that .. they are paid +70000 to 150000 $ a yrs
with tax payer money .. and a big part of them are corrupted to the bones
making money like thiefs on the black market
many join a hidden extremist group like in the movie Freelancers with 50 cent
those cops are the worst kind and very violent (how many violent cop video on YT again ?)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join