It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: "Mitt Romney admits to using Chinese slave labor at Bain"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I guess the only thing to do when he takes a video down is to put more up!

edit on 26-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I guess the only thing to do when he takes a video down is to put more up!

edit on 26-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

Here's my contribution - A vid that I whipped up a few months ago

It's going viral

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I wonder how long before he breaks again.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

The first video was taken down since the YT uploader was using the name of a TV news reporter that wasn't theirs to use. This is Romney talking at length about their Chinese factory exploits at Bain Capital.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Sensata Workers React to Romney Bragging about Chinese Sweatshops
crooksandliars.com...

Employees of the Bain-owned company Sensata, [...] watched the video and were asked for their reactions.

Not surprisingly, they had some very harsh words for the Republican candidate:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Why do the fine folks in this video think that Mitt has anything to do with the outsourcing of their jobs? Sensata is a global company which has chosen to place manufacturing closer to their customers. Not to mention that Mitt has no influence over Bain.

I wonder if there are any outside influences prodding them along in a certain direction

Plus, I'm fairly certain she referred to him as "Mick Romney" at the beginning of the video.

Edit to add: does anyone know exactly what positions these folks held at the company? Just trying to determine the level of propaganda vs. reality.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

The one in the blue shirt is Cheryl Randecker, 52. She worked at Sensata for 33 years. Not sure what position she held.

www.guardian.co.uk...

The one in the purple shirt is Bonnie Borman. She worked at Sensata for 23 years. Not sure what position she held.

The guy is Tom Gaulrapp I think he is the Freeport Mayor George Gaulrapp brother?
edit on 27-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

He helped found the firm and profited from it, and so they blame him for their impending job losses.

weak.

At some point you have to take responsibility for your own life. You know... have a fall-back plan. The days of working 33 years at one company are long gone.

This is all just election-year hogwash.

The good news for them is that (if) Obama wins, they will likely get entitlements to keep them fat and happy, even without jobs, or initiative.

As long as we are talking about outsourcing...

Accordingly, GM has 74,500 jobs in the United States and 122,500 abroad, even after Obama’s touted surge in Detroit jobs. Almost two thirds of GM’s jobs are in other countries.

Outsourcer-In-Chief: Obama Of General Motors

oops

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Looks like a lot of you better get rid of your IPhones, big screen TV's, laptops, etc. Just check your stuff for "made in China" and eliminate accordingly. Unless of course you like being a hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

But no matter what you can't take the blazing of the trail from Romney on outsourcing. He started doing it at Bain as soon as he started working for them. He even had people like Ebays CEO who could not win a election in California when she spent a 100 million or so of her own money just like Romney did last time. But this time Romney knows better than to spend his own money betting on himself to win the White House. Thats why he has not spent any of his money this time around.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

And its real bad when the military keeps getting trojan chips because they have no one at home who can make it because people like Romney sent it all over seas for a buck.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

So, you're saying that Romney is running a smarter campaign this time around... Not spending his own money?

I agree.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

And its real bad when the military keeps getting trojan chips because they have no one at home who can make it because people like Romney sent it all over seas for a buck.

President Bill Clinton oversaw the creation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which made it more affordable for manufacturing companies to outsource jobs to foreign countries and then import their product back to the United States. This policy caused a significant decrease in the amount of unskilled jobs in the United States. FACT. His administration put into place the policies that put outsourcing on steroids. Bush continued these policies as has Obama. Obama will do nothing to stop it.
Next.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I almost posted that earlier.

Edit to add:

Best campaign pic ever... "Not Mitt"
edit on 28-8-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
“Looks like a lot of you better get rid of your IPhones, big screen TV's, laptops, etc. Just check your stuff for "made in China" and eliminate accordingly. Unless of course you like being a hypocrite”
MsAphrodite
Here is a list of logical fallacies. You find the ones you committed ( Hint, there are many!) I’m tried of teaching logic 101!
en.wikipedia.org...

“President Bill Clinton oversaw the creation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), * which made it more affordable for manufacturing companies to outsource jobs to foreign countries and then import their product back to the United States.”
MsAphrodite
First of all we are not talking about Clinton. Here, I’ll do your homework for you. You committed
en.wikipedia.org... . I’m sure that there are many more but I’m off to work!

“I almost posted that earlier.”
Zarniwoop
We have a winner. The most ridiculous post of this thread!!! Hmmmm so Obama respecting the customs of a foreign land is evidence of him being on their side. Obviously, you have not been to many business meetings. (Consult “list of fallacies” and you will see why you won the “ most illogical post” award.
I’m sure that if Obama had refused to bow to the emperor of Japan (which every president in the emperor’s vicinity does) you would have criticized Obama for lacking international common sense! Obviously your post is an appeal to emotions rather then logic as most of your posts are.

* To get this thread back on topic “Romney supports NAFTA.”
FROM
electful.com...
“Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1986 among the three nations, the leaders met in San Antonio, Texas, on December 17, 1992, to sign NAFTA. U.S. President George H. W. Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for spearheading and promoting the agreement, ceremonially signed it. The agreement then needed to be ratified by each nation's legislative or parliamentary branch.
Before the negotiations were finalized, Bill Clinton came into office in the U.S.”
FROM
en.wikipedia.org...
I agree Clinton should not have continued the policies of Bush Sr. just as Obama should not have continued the policies of Bush Jr.

edit on 28-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

We have a winner. The most ridiculous post of this thread!!!

OK. But I’ll only accept the second place award. The most ridiculous post if this thread is still the opening one, which is nothing more than a swiftboating attempt.

* To get this thread back on topic “Romney supports NAFTA.”

Wrong…The topic of this thread is…

"Mitt Romney admits to using Chinese slave labor at Bain"

If you want to start a new thread on NAFTA, or whether Mitt lied about outsourcing jobs, or fallacies, feel free to do so.

Now, [really]back on topic…

Here is a video that discusses the company and scenario related to the OP video.

And here is a related SEC filing showing Mitt’s fingerprints all over it.

SEC Filing

Brookside Investors acts by and through its general
partner, Brookside Inc. Mr. W. Mitt Romney is the sole shareholder, sole
director, President and Chief Executive Officer of Brookside Inc. and thus is
the controlling person of Brookside Inc.

Did he invest in a company that survives on U.S. outsourcing? Yep

Was he doing his job? Yep

Did this company engage in “slave labor”? I sincerely doubt it. I can’t find any information to support that claim, and if it were true, wouldn't the media would be all over it?

Romeny has experience with business who outsource their manufacturing components. It doesn’t necessarily mean he will do that as President. He no longer works for Bain or their investors, so he doesn’t need answer to to them to keep his job. In fact, since he knows so much about how global businesses work, he is much more qualified in that arena that his opponent. Romney can make decisions based on his past, Obama is only in the learning phase.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
One problem with trying pass the blame to Bill Clinton. Romney started outsourcing with Bain when he started at Bain in 1984 way before Bill Clinton became President in 1993. Romney had almost a 10 year head start before Clinton came to office and pushed the agenda of his wife and Walmart. Even Walmart was a different beast than Romney and Bain Capital. Walmart bought from the companies Romney and Bain Capital moved to China. Even Walmart De Mexico which was bought from a company named Cifra and renamed to Walmart De Mexico in 1997 Walmart bought shares in the company in 1991 but Cifra was started in 1958 all on its own. Walmart did not outsource American jobs to Mexico to create Walmart De Mexico. Walmart De Mexico sells products to people in Mexico in a store not jobs to a manufacturer. And Romney was already 15 years into his outsourcing by then. Romney was the trail blazer when it came to outsourcing and selling American jobs to other countries. Even NAFTA was started in 1994 10 years after Romney started outsourcing.

Seems people want to blame things Romney did on things that happened after Romney did them. And blaming something that happened 10 years or even 15 years after Romney did them is a far stretch. I guess thats kinda like Romney changing his tax returns from Utah citizen to Massachusetts Citizen after they had already been filed years before so he could run for governor.

The things people are trying blame for Romney doing what he did were created so other companies could do what Romney had been doing for 10 years with secret banks accounts ,secret deals and bribery. But one of the big things about Romney is he created it and then the government came up with laws to make it legal for the rest of the people who wanted to compete with him. And i'm sure hes proud of it to.
edit on 28-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The title of the thread. "Mitt Romney admits to using Chinese slave labor at Bain" is exactly what the title of the video and article is. Can't blame me for the title of a article.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yes, I can.

You agreed with the title of the video in your OP and supported the accusation...

I find this crazy if he really thinks that a slave labor camp with barbwire and gun towers was to keep people out of this factory.

Which means you believe he knowingly invested in a company that holds their workforce hostage with guns and barbed wire.

It's OK if you choose to believe that. I don't think there is enough evidence to support the claim.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Did you read any post after that? I guess not. But Romney was talking out his ass when he said it. Do you think a person like Romney really walks through a place like he described? I doubt it. He might send some one in to take pictures and tell him about it. But I don't know if he even did that. He just talked to some Chinese business guy who said I can do it cheaper in a office or on the phone. Romney I think made the whole story up with a point he failed to make. And one thing I have kept asking myself is why would he even make up a story about barbwire and guard towers when it makes him look bad. And I even posted videos of others like Hillary who have done things that are stupid. This story I think compares to Hillary landing in a war zone being shot at by snippers. A video came out and she was met by a parade and girl holding a flower on the run way. Except Hillary did not add something to the fake story that made her look bad without even knowing it was bad.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join