It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: "Mitt Romney admits to using Chinese slave labor at Bain"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

And this is what people like Romney want you to compete with.

Why hasn't Obama made it his top priority to end the acts that you claim are happening?

Here you go: One of his plans to bring back the jobs.

1. Removing tax deductions for shipping jobs overseas and providing new incentives for bringing them back home

2. Targeting the domestic production incentive on manufacturers who create jobs here at home and doubling the deduction for advanced manufacturing

3. Introducing a new Manufacturing Communities Tax Credit to encourage investments in communities affected by job loss

4. Providing temporary tax credits to drive nearly $20 billion in domestic clean energy manufacturing

5. Reauthorizing 100% expensing of investment in plants and equipment

6. Closing a loophole that allows companies to shift profits overseas

• Providing tax incentives to help businesses grow and invest
• Providing tax incentives to support domestic investment in clean energy technology manufacturing
• Temporary tax cuts to increase investment and jobs
• Cracking down on overseas tax avoidance and loopholes

It's not perfect but it's also not Romney. This is one issue they are miles apart from each other on.

The corporations aren't going overseas because of taxes, they already have tax attorneys as staff to ensure of this.

They are going overseas because of CHEAP slave labor with no worker rights or age discrimination or environmental concerns. As long as we can hire someone overseas whose cost of living is much much much less than ours to do the same job at penny on the dollars than they will continue to ship jobs overseas.

Set corporate taxes to zero and they will continue to ship those jobs overseas. Taxes is a diversion as to why they are going overseas. Obama and Romney have the same plans and that is to skirt around the real issue. The same lawyers that create the tax laws end up as consultants for these corporations who specialize in loop holes. So I see no influx of jobs with ObamNey 2012.

I'm a RP supporter but I even have my reservations with his views of jobs overseas. Although , he would allow for more state influence over federal gov't which could help keep the jobs here versus going overseas: by allowing each state to compete with each other versus going overseas without having to worry about federal legislation .

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
lol@ the hypocrisy here.

Let's hate CEOs for hiring foreigners for cheap paying manufacturing jobs that Americans won't/can't do and when Americans are the largest consumers of the finished product. Let's also ignore the fact that thousands of Americans are hired in importing, retail, transportation, management and other facets of the industry anyway....

Working conditions of foreign labor is not the CEO's responsibility. It's the other nation's government. How can you get peeved at someone who 1) gives jobs to foreign citizens within legal confines of the foreign nation's gov 2) gives the higher (albeit fewer) waged jobs to American citizens and 3) provides products for millions of consumers, including you?

Wait, he must be evil because he knows how to make a profit from all that. Omg, let's lynch that Mormon wanker but first go pick up your Obama welfare cheque so you can buy that new sweatshop-made iPhone. I'll text you the plan while in my Mitsubishi.
edit on 26-8-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by interupt42

It boils down to Obama being the better of two evils. Take it however you want. I don't like either of them.... However I wouldn't trust Romney to care for my daughter's hamster, let alone my country, and I don't find Obama to be an absolute POS like Romney.

Keep voting on emotions and believing in the lesser evil because its been working out great for us.

Umm.... No emotion involved, and last time I checked there are only the two viable choices. So you are right voting for evil doesn't work, give me another choice oh great wise one, or drop the unnecessary attitude.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

And this is what people like Romney want you to compete with.

Why hasn't Obama made it his top priority to end the acts that you claim are happening?

People like Romney are... People like Obama.

Because when it comes down to it ... there is little difference between Mittens and Obummer!

they both think the might of America lays in Wall Street and not Main Street...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Seriously, I'm not trying to be a wise ar$e or give you attitude. However, voting for the lesser evil is playing into their game and we continue to be screwed by them if we don't break the cycle.

Whats more important is for the people to WAKE UP and realize the real problem and unite as AMERICANS and not as Republicans or Democrats. This election is a lost and ObamNey 2012 is their win. You are on the American citizens team and the game is:

(American citizens ) versus the (Lobbyist ,special interest groups,RNC,DNC,MEDIA )

Sorry but you are being played , if for a second you even think that the special interest groups and lobbyist are taking 50/50 chances with the amount of money that is being thrown in Washington. A vote for Obama is a vote for his boss and a vote for Romney is a vote for the same boss. They even share the same top contributors. The other option is to protest.

If we have any hope then IMO I think the following has to be done:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Well believe it or not I agree with you, wholeheartedly actually, a polarized America is a terrible thing. We are being divided for a reason. There needs to be a fundamental change in the general population for there to be any growth. I am quite aware that we are being played... but currently there is a choice that needs to be made, and both choices are pretty poor. So one must be chosen no matter how terrible that may be.

If you have the time look through some of my recent posts in politically related threads...you'll find that many of them mirror your exact sentiments. However all you can do at he moment is pick your poison.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If you asked the Chinese people waiting on lines to get jobs at one of these factories they would tell you it's not slave labor.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
leave mitt romney alone! he is a JOB CREATOR!

i bet these chinese women pay very little taxes, maybe romney can bring the chinese dream to america.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
And how many people has Obama employed throughout his career? How many jobs did he provide to the private sector? Oh, wait. None. He hasn't provided anything; he has spent his entire adult life sucking off of society and being spoon-fed with other peoples' money.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Typical *snip* misquoting. He said GUARD towers, not guntowers, and yes it is quite likely. It is common practice to surround factories in China both fences and GUARD towers. The potential for theft is so great it's necessary. The influx from the country to the cities has been overwhelming as poor farmers try to better their lives. The point of the story though was not the internal migrant labor. It was how fortunate we are to be in the US and not China. Of course with the typical *snip* inability to comprehend anything you missed that point.
reply to post by JBA2848

edit on Sun, 26 Aug 2012 11:47:27 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Edit: Please Review: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pacific_waters

"quite likely"
Means this whole sentence is based on BS from you.
" It is common practice to surround factories in China both fences and GUARD towers."

I did comprehend your propaganda pretty good.

Also you bring up theft from the factories?

Mitt Romney never said that, I never said that so where did it come from? The same place most propaganda comes from. Somebody's imagination.

How about this line from Mitt.

"This is uh, this is an amazing land and what we have is unique and fortunately it is so special we are sharing it with the world."

That says hes selling the US to China. He is sharing the US jobs With China. Taking away from the US and giving to China.

I did comprehend that pretty good. Along with many other things in his comments.
edit on 26-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Why would anyone vote for Romney, with such a callous attitude. Would he want his daughters to work in such conditions?

These working conditions are horrible.

Most of the voters won't even hear about this.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pacific_waters

Do the guards in the guard towers have guns?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by axslinger

Mitt has never created jobs. Mitt is a parasite whose fortune comes from screwing over others.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I didn't hear him admitting to slave labor.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsThisThingBugged
reply to post by JBA2848

I assure you with 1.3 billion people china does not need to imprison anybody to work, they are more than willing to work in these factories. Its hard for americans to understand but if you are used to 2 bowls of rice in a one room shack with your whole family in rural china, the lore of a paying job in a real city is amazing.
edit on 25-8-2012 by IsThisThingBugged because: (no reason given)

Right. That's why they built these...

Unpleasant sight: Nets to prevent workers from jumping to their deaths are pictured outside one of the Foxconn factory buildings in the township of Longhua, in southern Guangdong province

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What I find really amazing about this story is the company he worked with. Gome Electrical Appliances Holding Ltd still partly owned by Bain Capital. You can see that on the Bain Capital Asia Fund LP tax returns. $209 million worth. gawker.com... The owner of that company is Mr Huang Guangyu hes the former richest man in China. Guess where he is at? Serving a 14 year prison sentence in China for bribery and insider trading.
www.huffingtonpost.com... Bain owns 10 percent of the company. www.bloomberg.com... Established in 1987, Gome said it had 587 stores last year in 160 Chinese cities -- 572 traditional stores, 13 digital stores and two flagship stores. The company was incorporated in Bermuda, according to Gome's Web sitewww.cnn.com...

The company was incorporated in Bermuda, I guess China must not be corporate friendly either.

edit on 26-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
leave mitt romney alone! he is a JOB CREATOR!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
And the above post I made reminds me of this.

newsandinsight.thomsonreuters.com...

Prosecutors said the alleged scheme involved tips on Bain Capital Partners LP's and Huawei Technologies Co Ltd's failed takeover of computer network equipment maker 3Com Corp, and private equity firm TPG Capital LP's takeover of Canadian drug company Axcan Pharma Inc.

Zvi Goffer, 34, pleaded not guilty to 12 counts of securities fraud and two counts of conspiracy.

Emanuel Goffer, 32, and Kimelman, 40, each pleaded not guilty to two counts of securities fraud and one count of conspiracy. The defendants face as much as 25 years in prison if convicted.

They did get convicted. The leak came from Romney himself at Ropes & Gray his tax attorney. The one who controls those offshore accounts. There was a case in front of Congress about Bain Capital trying to buy a company for China that was tied to National Security. Congress said no. Romney leaked it to Ropes & Gray. Stoogies at Ropes & Gray tried to cash in on the info and found Congress was wire tapping and spying on the place about the case and got them selves in a whole lot of trouble.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
And the above post I made reminds me of this.

newsandinsight.thomsonreuters.com...

Prosecutors said the alleged scheme involved tips on Bain Capital Partners LP's and Huawei Technologies Co Ltd's failed takeover of computer network equipment maker 3Com Corp, and private equity firm TPG Capital LP's takeover of Canadian drug company Axcan Pharma Inc.

Zvi Goffer, 34, pleaded not guilty to 12 counts of securities fraud and two counts of conspiracy.

Emanuel Goffer, 32, and Kimelman, 40, each pleaded not guilty to two counts of securities fraud and one count of conspiracy. The defendants face as much as 25 years in prison if convicted.

They did get convicted. The leak came from Romney himself at Ropes & Gray his tax attorney. The one who controls those offshore accounts. There was a case in front of Congress about Bain Capital trying to buy a company for China that was tied to National Security. Congress said no. Romney leaked it to Ropes & Gray. Stoogies at Ropes & Gray tried to cash in on the info and found Congress was wire tapping and spying on the place about the case and got them selves in a whole lot of trouble.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join