It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: "Mitt Romney admits to using Chinese slave labor at Bain"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

People like Romney made that an impossibility

People like Romney provide a lot of jobs for people in the U.S.

People like Romney provide a lot of jobs for people in China.

People like Obama complain about people like Romney with no alternate plan, but with a really good speaking voice and a nice teleprompter.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

It boils down to Obama being the better of two evils. Take it however you want. I don't like either of them.... However I wouldn't trust Romney to care for my daughter's hamster, let alone my country, and I don't find Obama to be an absolute POS like Romney.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by Cuervo

People like Romney made that an impossibility

People like Romney provide a lot of jobs for people in the U.S.

People like Romney provide a lot of jobs for people in China.

People like Obama complain about people like Romney with no alternate plan, but with a really good speaking voice and a nice teleprompter.

Aaaahaahahaaahaha! Take any greed-filled person and he can create wealth in the most profitable way possible to himself. He "creates" jobs in the US just as a placeholder until he can outsource them. He created nothing.

All he is doing is taking up space and living off of taxpayers when somebody decent who actually likes our nation could be providing real and sustaining jobs for Americans.

How do people see somebody like this and say "thank god people like Romney are around to help our nation". Really?! People like him keep REAL capitalists from making America viable.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

All he is doing is taking up space and living off of taxpayers when somebody decent who actually likes our nation could be providing real and sustaining jobs for Americans.

Who works in all those clothing companies that import Chinese product? Yupppp.. Americans.

The sad truth is that Americans don't want the low-paying jobs that are required to make the t-shirt you are wearing.

This really isn't about Romney, as much as the OP, and apparently you, would like it to be.

Even sadder, is that Obama will likely get 4 more years by selling this line of BS.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Who works in all those clothing companies that import Chinese product? Yupppp.. Americans.

The sad truth is that Americans don't want the low-paying jobs that are required to make the t-shirt you are wearing.

This really isn't about Romney, as much as the OP, and apparently you, would like it to be.

Even sadder, is that Obama will likely get 4 more years by selling this line of BS.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

Americans will take jobs making shirts. That's what we used to do before corporatists started outsourcing to save themselves money! They didn't start outsourcing because Americans didn't want to do it. They just wouldn't do it living in 3-story bunk beds and living in dorms.

NOBODY should! Is that your answer? That if Americans aren't willing to manufacture goods in despotic conditions then we don't deserve the grace and benevolence that Romney "shares" with China? How is that America?

When somebody says "We need Made-In-America products again", your first instinct shouldn't be to say "Well then eliminate the minimum wage and be willing to live in hives in order to make the CEO more profit". Man, we used to kick ass until this started happening.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

That's what we used to do before corporatists started outsourcing to save themselves money!

Unfortunately, that is what companies do to stay in business, instead of collapsing and firing all of their employees.

You are generalizing to an extreme to make a point. Not all companies that outsource are "greedy". Profits keep people employed.

Man, we used to kick ass until this started happening.

Isolationism is not the answer to our current problems.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
One of the reasons I say Romney is lying about the factory in China is him saying the had barbwire fence and guard towers. That is a myth. The problem with the factories in China is the way they would put them in a compound with a guard shack and concrete walls surrounding the place. It would contain a dormitory for workers to live. They would give them food at meal time. But when you signed up for the place you were stuck as if you just joined the military for 355 days until you got your ten days off. Food would be taken if you did not work that day as punishment. If you did not work you did not earn it. And your pay would be taken. Some places were said to have physical punishments and beatings but were never proved because no one was allowed in or out. When they were let out for the end of the year protest would begin on what had taken place for that year. Yes people gathered at the gates after the holiday as they called it. And the government would work with the factories to stop protest and repeat what had just happened the year before. It was the standard practice and the one that drew so many people like Romney to it.

March to work on the factory floor.

Work 12 hours in the uniforms given to them.

Then you get to live here for 12 hours.

When your 355 days are up you can go out the gates.

But the don't forget to do your laundry.

Here is the shift change.

Looking down into what the compounds look like.

Here is a article on the factories.

totallycoolpix.com...

And this is what people like Romney want you to compete with. If you want to make them stop outsourcing then you must learn to do it how its done in China.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

And this is what people like Romney want you to compete with.

Why hasn't Obama made it his top priority to end the acts that you claim are happening?

People like Romney are... People like Obama.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

That's what we used to do before corporatists started outsourcing to save themselves money!

Unfortunately, that is what companies do to stay in business, instead of collapsing and firing all of their employees.

You are generalizing to an extreme to make a point. Not all companies that outsource are "greedy". Profits keep people employed.

Man, we used to kick ass until this started happening.

Isolationism is not the answer to our current problems.

No, it's not what companies do to stay in business. There are plenty of successful local businesses that don't need to outsource. The reason is because it is perfectly sustainable using American resources.

When companies get large enough, they can either retain their reasonable sustainability and help America or they can decide to make their top execs even richer and start cutting corners and outsourcing. It is greed, not survival, that motivates this damaging behavior.

And keeping jobs within your border is not "isolationism", it's smart. It would not mean we wouldn't trade. If you want a product made in China then we can import it from China. Right now, it doesn't matter if you buy from an American company or an overseas one... you are still buying products made in China. Becoming a nation that actually makes things again will not make us into isolationists.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

And this is what people like Romney want you to compete with.

Why hasn't Obama made it his top priority to end the acts that you claim are happening?

Here you go: One of his plans to bring back the jobs.

1. Removing tax deductions for shipping jobs overseas and providing new incentives for bringing them back home

2. Targeting the domestic production incentive on manufacturers who create jobs here at home and doubling the deduction for advanced manufacturing

3. Introducing a new Manufacturing Communities Tax Credit to encourage investments in communities affected by job loss

4. Providing temporary tax credits to drive nearly $20 billion in domestic clean energy manufacturing

5. Reauthorizing 100% expensing of investment in plants and equipment

6. Closing a loophole that allows companies to shift profits overseas

• Providing tax incentives to help businesses grow and invest
• Providing tax incentives to support domestic investment in clean energy technology manufacturing
• Temporary tax cuts to increase investment and jobs
• Cracking down on overseas tax avoidance and loopholes

It's not perfect but it's also not Romney. This is one issue they are miles apart from each other on.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Well Hillary Clinton has been playing war with China. Seems China raised there minimum wage several times in the last few years. And Hillary has teamed up with Walmart and is using USAID to shift from China to South America. Also Haiti has picked up the linen market. Wikileaks posted leaked documents where Hillary shut down the pay raise they wanted in Haiti and cut it in half. They wanted a couple dollars and she cut it back to 80 cents if I remember correctly.

I have a thread about Hillary and Walmart deals with USAID in South America. And I started it a long time ago 9-4-2011.

So why is USAID paying for Walmarts supply chain? Could it be Hillary?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
www.blacklistednews.com...

I find this crazy if he really thinks that a slave labor camp with barbwire and gun towers was to keep people out of this factory. And he is just so proud of himself for being part of it. What would he do to America the same thing and think it is great?

Be glad if you live in America, because it's people like Barack Obama who want you to be like China, he even said as much. Mitt is right. America is the best place in the world to live, even right now with Obama doing as much as he can to damage it.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

No, it's not what companies do to stay in business.

Yeah. It really is. Due to the global economy, it's cheaper to source may products from China, and... grow the company and provide more jobs.

There are plenty of successful local businesses that don't need to outsource. The reason is because it is perfectly sustainable using American resources.

Agreed... If they don't need to, they don't. If they need to to stay competitive, they do.

When companies get large enough, they can either retain their reasonable sustainability and help America or they can decide to make their top execs even richer and start cutting corners and outsourcing. It is greed, not survival, that motivates this damaging behavior.

Again, a generalization and vilification of people with money. If you look at the salaries of corporate big-wigs... yes, they are huge compared to the average Joe. But if you compare those with the company's revenues, profits, and overall employee salary base, they are like ice cubes in the Arctic Ocean. Let them have their shiny toys and move on.

And keeping jobs within your border is not "isolationism", it's smart. It would not mean we wouldn't trade. If you want a product made in China then we can import it from China. Right now, it doesn't matter if you buy from an American company or an overseas one... you are still buying products made in China. Becoming a nation that actually makes things again will not make us into isolationists.

I agree with you on that point. I think if there is an even decision between outsourcing and keeping it on the home turf that we should keep it here. Although, again... jobs are created here even when we outsource. Two sides to every coin.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It's not perfect but it's also not Romney. This is one issue they are miles apart from each other on.

I don't like either one of them, but I'm likely to vote for change.

Obama has shown mostly the "hope" part of his 2008 campaign. I would really have liked to see him succeed, but all I got was a bag of rocks.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

China plans to raise the level by an average of at least 13 percent annually from 2011 to 2015, according to the national 12th Five-Year Plan that covers those years. The government suspended increases in minimum wages in 2009 to help companies weather the global financial turmoil. Thirty provinces raised minimum wages in 2010 by an average of 22 percent.

Shanghai has a population of 23 million. Beijing, the nation’s capital with 19.6 million people, raised the minimum wage by 8.6 percent to 1,260 yuan a month on Jan. 1. Shenzhen, a manufacturing hub of 13 million people bordering Hong Kong, increased minimum payments by 13.6 percent in February. The southern region of Guangxi increased its wage by about 22 percent in January.

“China has passed the demographic turning point, with little excess labor left,” saidZhang Zhiwei, Hong Kong-based chief China economist at Nomura Holdings Plc. “I do expect wages to continue rising at a fast pace, mainly because the labor market is becoming tight structurally.”

We could learn how to raise the minimum wage from China. 13% a year raise. That is why Corporations are moving from China. But the video of Romney talking is about the past in the 90's when China was much different. The people in China are forcing the government to change and forcing the government to make things better for the people in China.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Two points ....

1 - COLD! Romney ... seriously dude ... that's COLD of you!
2 - There is no way America can compete with that kind of labor force. None.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It's hardly news that there are intensive factory conditions in China and Romney is hardly the only capitalist taking advantage of them. Most Americans have a house full of crap made in Chinese factories and our lifestyles would plummet and the global economy would crash if we stopped buying it. Unfortunate but true.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
how many of you own an iphone?
or a car
or a t.v.
a microwave
the shirt on your back

you support slave labor...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by interupt42

It boils down to Obama being the better of two evils. Take it however you want. I don't like either of them.... However I wouldn't trust Romney to care for my daughter's hamster, let alone my country, and I don't find Obama to be an absolute POS like Romney.

Keep voting on emotions and believing in the lesser evil because its been working out great for us.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Romney is just a really disgusting individual. Who cares about the working conditions, they should be grateful for the job right?
Have you realized why TPTB want no workers rights, minimum wage, and safety regulations in the USA yet?

edit on 25-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join