It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: "Mitt Romney admits to using Chinese slave labor at Bain"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
www.blacklistednews.com...

I find this crazy if he really thinks that a slave labor camp with barbwire and gun towers was to keep people out of this factory. And he is just so proud of himself for being part of it. What would he do to America the same thing and think it is great?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The text of what he said.

"When I was back in my private equity days, we went to China to buy a factory there. It employed about 20,000 people. And they were almost all young women between the ages of about 18 and 22 or 23. They were saving for potentially becoming married.

"And they work in these huge factories, they made various uh, small appliances. And uh, as we were walking through this facility, seeing them work, the number of hours they worked per day, the pitance they earned, living in dormitories with uh, with little bathrooms at the end of maybe 10, 10 room, rooms. And the rooms they have 12 girls per room.

"Three bunk beds on top of each other. You've seen, you've seen them? (Oh...yeah, yeah!) And, and, and around this factory was a fence, a huge fence with barbed wire and guard towers. And, and, we said gosh! I can't believe that you, you know, keep these girls in! They said, no, no, no. This is to keep other people from coming in.

"Because people want so badly to come work in this factory that we have to keep them out. Or they will just come in here and start working and, and try and get compensated. So we, this is to keep people out. And they said, actually Chinese New Year as the girls go home, sometimes they decide they've saved enough money and they don't come back to the factory.

"And he said, so, on the weekend after Chinese New Year there will be a line of people hundreds long, outside the factory, hoping that some girls haven't come back. And they can come to the factory. And, and so as we were experiencing this for the first time, going to see a factory like this in China some years ago.

"The Bain Partner I was with turned to me and said, you know, 95% of life is settled if you are born in America. This is uh, this is an amazing land and what we have is unique and fortunately it is so special we are sharing it with the world."

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I wouldn't be surprised if he is right... Unlike America, Chinese literally kill for these type of factory jobs. If you live in the rural countryside in china you are put on a waiting list for PERMISSION to move to an industrialized city. People wait years for city visas because they can then send the money they earn back to their starving relatives in the countryside.

I assure you with 1.3 billion people china does not need to imprison anybody to work, they are more than willing to work in these factories. Its hard for americans to understand but if you are used to 2 bowls of rice in a one room shack with your whole family in rural china, the lore of a paying job in a real city is amazing.
edit on 25-8-2012 by IsThisThingBugged because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here is another video and it seems Romney really did nothing except lie and make up a story based on this video.

Romney the guy who will lie and say anything.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IsThisThingBugged

You would be wrong. They lure these girls into these jobs with lots of promises, and turn them ino slaves. Large numbers do not return, and the few that do, only because they are desperate.

We succeeded in the US because early throughout most of US history, people in the US fought for their rights and stood up against corporate criminals like Romney.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
He didn't care about the 12 girls per room, or the barbed-wire fence of the guard towers, or the fact these girls worked for a pittance - all he cared about was the fact he could use those 20,000 Chinese workers to replace all the American workers from the factories he was closing in the USA when shipping those jobs over to China.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Call me stupid, but what does this mean?

"The Bain Partner I was with turned to me and said, you know, 95% of life is settled if you are born in America. This is uh, this is an amazing land and what we have is unique and fortunately it is so special we are sharing it with the world."

Is he saying that this factory was proof of what America was sharing with the world?
edit on 25-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Here is another video and it seems Romney really did nothing except lie and make up a story based on this video.

Romney the guy who will lie and say anything.

That last comment should be changed...

To "Politicians the guys who will lie and say anything"

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The main point to get out of this is that Romney knew 100% of the working conditions of the places he was investing in...he knew the horrible conditions these young women lived in so he could make his millions.

Mitt Romney is the worst kind of capitalist there is.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Why would anyone vote for Romney, with such a callous attitude. Would he want his daughters to work in such conditions?

These working conditions are horrible.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The main point to get out of this is that Romney knew 100% of the working conditions of the places he was investing in...he knew the horrible conditions these young women lived in so he could make his millions.

Mitt Romney is the worst kind of capitalist there is.

Good thing Obama is stopping all this slave labor.

edit on 25-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Obama might be a crappy president, but at least he's not a bad person. Romney is, it's just that simple.

I look at the man before his politics, and there are far too many indications that Romney is a borderline sociopath.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I still have a feeling this Romney trying to come up with a good reason for him to outsource for all those years to China when he was at Bain Capital. He has no idea where things were being made he only knew it was cheaper and he could make more money. This I think is a moment like many Romney seems to have. Tries to lie to cover up the truth and only makes it worst for himself. He sees nothing wrong with sending jobs to China so he can make more money. But he also sees nothing wrong with a barbwire fence and gun towers at a factory in China and 6 beds in a ten by ten room for 12 people who take turns in the same bed between night shift 12 hours and day shift 12 hours. And he also sees nothing wrong with lying about any of it to the American people. And it is worse than a moment where you have no idea how people in the real world live.

Such as.

Hillary vs. the coffee maker.

When was the last time Hillary Clinton pumped gas?

Pres. George H.W. Bush's grocery scanner moment.

But the more I checked on this story from Romney the more I found that did not seem to match the truth. China made up stories to hide protest outside factories and said it was people who wanted jobs. Romney never seemed to buy a factory in China when he was with Bain. He only seemed to put a Bain Capital in China and used factories to outsource to and had no care what the factory did or how it operated. Basicly the same way people don't think of a slaughter house when they buy a hamburger. Romney is only worried about his pockets and not how they are filled.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Just IMAGINE what this PRICK has in mind for Americans if he gets in.

Everyone but the SUPER-wealthy will be SLAVES with no health care, working all day for minimum wage (until he eliminates minimum wage entirely which will allow our slave masters to pay no more than current Chinese wages here) no workers rights, no retirement, no unemployment befits, high taxes for us slaves with none for the slave masters to pay, and ON AND ON and ON...

But it will be CHRISTMAS day all year-long for the wealthy slave masters though... What a JOLLY JOY a Romney America this would be. SIGH!!
edit on 25-8-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Mitt Romney pisses me off to no end. Every day more so. It's like having that asshat Jamie Dimon running for POTUS. Disgusting.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Why would anyone vote for Romney, with such a callous attitude. Would he want his daughters to work in such conditions?

These working conditions are horrible.

Yes, exactly...
but, people like him (and Dimon) don't really think of working-class slave-wage laborers as "people".... just means to a bigger number at the bottom of a fricking balance sheet, which gets split between "stock-holders" and the workers never even know about it!!

GHAA!!! Ughhh.....
*SCREAMMMMMMM*

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I smell something... not sure what it is...

Hypocrisy is the state of promoting or administering virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually have or is guilty of violating

Go look at the tags on the clothes you wear, your appliances, the chips in the computers you are typing on right now.

Throw them all away, right now, if you feel as strongly as you seem to on this thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
Obama might be a crappy president, but at least he's not a bad person. Romney is, it's just that simple.

I look at the man before his politics, and there are far too many indications that Romney is a borderline sociopath.

Haha. So you know Obama personally? Do you consider lying or using bait and switch tactics as a trait of a good person?

I recall Obama clearly lying about not hiring lobbyist as part of his cabinet nor passing any laws until they got reviewed by the public, nor taking private contributions . From the top of my head those were 3 easy promises he could have kept.

Just because One (Romney) is a scum doesn't make the other (Obama) any less of a scum. Don't forget they are puppets and not the puppet master who controls them both.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
I smell something... not sure what it is...

Hypocrisy is the state of promoting or administering virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually have or is guilty of violating

Go look at the tags on the clothes you wear, your appliances, the chips in the computers you are typing on right now.

Throw them all away, right now, if you feel as strongly as you seem to on this thread.

People like Romney made that an impossibility. If you exploit the poor overseas and bring back cheaper products that our poor needs to buy so they can afford rent, then you eliminate the "Made In America" alternative.

Don't blame the consumer when most of the consumers are just trying to pay bills. People like Romney have their bills covered comfortably and do have options to make an ethically-sound decision but willfully opts not to.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Is he saying that this factory was proof of what America was sharing with the world?
edit on 25-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

In his own jack-ass language sort of way, yes. And the frightening thing is that I believe he's being genuine. I swear this guy is a parody collage of various archetypes of evil capitalists.

I feel like he's a bit like Stan Smith from American Dad with his oblivious determination to believe something is wholesome and American what any decent human knows is evil.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join