It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazingly powerful video.. The real you - Alan Watts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Thanks for this video , just the kind i need
2th line

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This music can make any new age wooowoo seem nice.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by trust_no_one

Yes, Those were very good.

Gotta watch both, but the second video is without a doubt very, very deep.

If you can comprehend the message, you will never look at your own existence the same. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightbringer38

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all the negative that goes on especially when it's mostly what we cover here on ATS but I always love these good gems when they pop up. Thanks

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnendingVigilance

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all the negative that goes on especially when it's mostly what we cover here on ATS but I always love these good gems when they pop up. Thanks

No problem my friend! Glad you enjoyed it!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I am doing what the entire universe is doing..???? Pooping???

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by violet
Beautiful video.

I don't think we fear death as much as we might fear no longer being alive.

Of course some might fear judgement ( if one has religious beliefs) but this video is aimed at dismissing those thoughts.

Maybe it is just one long dream and we aren't aware we are dead. Who knows.
This guy watts certainly doesn't know either.

I enjoyed the video but was more stimulated by the visuals, his narrative did nothing for me. I will play it again with just the audio, so I'm not distracted by the visuals.

Thank you for posting.

Eh? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the video is based on the narrative, one means nothing without the other surely.

The visuals help sell the narrative was my point.
I wasn't sold.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
One of the greatest Phlosophers of the twentieth century. It amazes me sometimes when people in religions are waiting for Mohamad to come back, or Jesus or who ever to come and save humaity.......the thing is...the great teachers who have have the knowledge we need to save ourselves, have come and gone,we just werent paying attention, and Alan Watts was one of them
edit on 31-8-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This one is a good one too

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightbringer38

Very profound message!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Cool, thanks for this. This is the good side of the net, hearing about new things. Just when you think you are up to speed, read this and that, a new thing pops up. Despite being a Brit I have never heard of him before. Going to read more about him. Cheers

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I read much of Alan's work when in my early 20s and I loved it, but wished I got it more than just as philosophy.

Then one day decades later I realized I finally got it, internally, and suddenly it not only made perfect sense, but I felt there was a profound amount more information and wisdom there than I'd ever seen in his writings before.

Thanks OP, great stuff.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

I always wondered if when we die, do we enter a dream state. If we do, what kind of dream will we have?

I think in regards to Alan Watt's example. Dying would be symbolic of coming out of the Dream State. Our lives being the dream.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join