It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haqqani leader 'killed' by NATO drone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Haqqani leader 'killed' by NATO drone

www.aljazeera.com

The operational commander of the Haqqani Network, the group behind some of the most high profile attacks in Afghanistan, may have been killed in a US drone strike, Pakistani intelligence sources have said.

Pakistani officials said on Saturday that Badruddin Haqqani, son of Afghan warlord, Jalauddin Haqqani, who is also believed to handle the network's vital business interests and smuggling operations, may have been killed in the North Waziristan region.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
As the article says, if this is confirmed, it would be the second high-profile target that has been killed from a U.S. drone assault this week. That conjures up both good and bad thoughts for me. Good because our troops are not being put in harms way but possibly bad if the technology was ever used against Americans. One thing is for certain, if this is a confirmed kill then it is great news.

www.aljazeera.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
'Executed' would be a more appropriate term than killed.

Along with 24 other people in the home that 2 missiles were fired into. Mostly family members, in other words women and children.

Very sad.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'll applaud the death of a terrorist leader, if was indeed that.
I think that it is sad that we blow up a family in order to do so.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Indeed. I never understood why Gaddafi's and Saddam's children were also killed...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Indeed. I never understood why Gaddafi's and Saddam's children were also killed...

Well Gaddafi I am not sure why, but Saddam's sons were the next in line to lead his military dictatorship. That being said it "was in the best interest" to take them out.

On 22 July 2003, Task Force 20, aided by troops of the United States Army 101st Airborne Division, had a showdown with Uday, Qusay and Qusay's 14-year-old son Mustapha during a raid on a home in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul. He had been the Ace of Hearts on the most-wanted Iraqi playing cards (with Qusay being the Ace of Clubs). Acting on a tip from an unidentified Iraqi, the blocking element from the 101st Airborne Division provided security while the Task Force 20 operators attempted to apprehend the inhabitants of the house. After U.S. troops hotwired Uday's Lamborghini,[16] he revealed himself, upon which a gunfight ensued. The assault element withdrew to request backup. As many as 200 American troops, later aided by OH-58 Kiowa helicopters and an A-10 "Warthog", surrounded and fired upon the house, thus killing Uday with Qusay and Qusay's son. After approximately four hours of battle, soldiers entered the house and found four bodies, including the Hussein brothers' bodyguard.

Source

Doesn't really say why, but this guy wasn't innocent of anything though. He has commited everything from rape to murder, pretty sick person and honestly deserved what he got.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

The what network? Some other conjured up group.

So the US murdered yet another alleged "terrorist". No judge, no jury, no trail. And this person was a "terrorist" because the US government said so, the same government which lies to us about everything else.

They can now "legally" assassinate American citizens, who cares about some random "brown guy"?

The good ol boys have to justify the billions spent on drones so yay, we got another "bad guy".

But rest assured, the family members of those that survived, will be looking for us.

Its the perfect plan: create more enemies in order to justify endless military spending.

Never ending cycle of spending and killing. Makes one proud to be an American.

edit on 25-8-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
NATO retaliation............Iranii/Russian backed

Highest bidder wins....

My question..who gains from this?
Highest bidder?

I see it as no one when innocents are sacrificial....

Nasmaste is indeed my hope and harbinger....

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I'll applaud the death of a terrorist leader, if was indeed that.

Collateral Damage is sad.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
To qoute William Tecumseh Sherman :"War is hell.". Collateral damage is one of the ugly aspects of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Great job NATO. Now the militants will have another justification for war and probably intensify attacks not on the US, but the Pakistani and Afghan population. Thank you for making these two countries much safer.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

The apple rarely falls far from the tree.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

The what network? Some other conjured up group.

So the US murdered yet another alleged "terrorist". No judge, no jury, no trail. And this person was a "terrorist" because the US government said so, the same government which lies to us about everything else.

They can now "legally" assassinate American citizens, who cares about some random "brown guy"?

The good ol boys have to justify the billions spent on drones so yay, we got another "bad guy".

But rest assured, the family members of those that survived, will be looking for us.

Its the perfect plan: create more enemies in order to justify endless military spending.

Never ending cycle of spending and killing. Makes one proud to be an American.

edit on 25-8-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

I hear Turkmenistan or any number of other countries is openly accepting immigrants. If you are not proud to be an American, I'm sure they would welcome you.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The right way to think about his assassination is more like, Hell yah! NEXT!!
The casualties are minimal. Remember, these people are the worst human beings on the planet. They are leaders in their communities that do nothing but kill, terrorize and torture. No one wants to see innocent people die but were actually saving lives, we're saving thousands of lives in the long run. No more crying out of the pansie section. It always takes lives to save lives...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You know.. Is it just me or was blowing up a bunch of people to get one guy a tad over the top.. Especially when it includes women and children...

We obviously knew ahead of time who was where..... Why didn't they send in a sniper team or a combat unit for one guy?

Sure it would have still been bloody but I doubt it would have been 100% collateral damage..

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I`ll tell you why I don`t feel anything for those killed with him. They were with him. If you want to be around a target expect to get hit as well. Simple solution.

This hit is nothing more then people hiding behind family members. People that you take out when found. Now if he was not there and it happened then yes anger but it looks like he was so good job. I blame him for involving them not the strike.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

They were with him.

If they are of a certain age and gender that may be acceptable, but if we are speaking of a man's wife and pre-teen children....
Where else would you expect them to be?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Just think if this man would have been able to take out Obama would it have mattered to him that he was with family? I highly doubt it.

I`m willing to bet this mans hands are dirty of murdered woman and children or lets just say civilians because I hold no value over age or gender. Both can kill if armed.
I still blame him for being with them he always could have had a normal job and not been a target. They are dead now due to him killing many innocent people. Did that Stop him that there were innocent woman and children involved in his work?

Just think how many innocent people will be saved from this guy now that he is dead. More then was there I`m counting on.
Yes it`s sad they were there but he allowed them to be involved. His fault.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Any one ever heard that you pay for the sins of your fathers? I don't mean to sound that i condone the killing of women and children, but when you conduct operations where we can't reach you on foot due to politics ... but you are killing people regardless, and you KNOW about the drone strikes.

Dont you think ... " hey ... i don't want my family to be killed by one of those drones, so let me avoid them " would have popped up in his head?

His family paid for his sins. To bad, he brought it on himself.

Not to mention this guy wasnt just some rat in a mountain side, but he was one of their think tanks.
edit on 27-8-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
He knew there was a big ol' target on his head, and he knew that America's drones can reach out and touch him where ever he chose to hang his pakol. Weighing his death against the deaths of the people around him, it's difficult as hell to feel bad for him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join