It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could go back in time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Back in time to a past life of your own to meet yourself,only you are in the body you have now but clothed in the correct manner and fitting with the times. In other words, you would be a person in that time and only you would know that you are not from that time. Somehow you fit in perfectly well with the those current circumstances. Would you try to help your past life incarnation?

If you did how would you go about it? It may be a really silly thought but it may also be a worthy thought.

Also I realized this one point, that if I manage to truly help my past life self, I would be quiet simply helping my self in this present incarnation.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

I'd tutor myself in math and try to get my mother's temper under control.

I'd also be on the grassy knoll in Dallas so I could ID the shooter or stop him from murdering our last real president.
edit on 8/25/2012 by aaaiii because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Also I realized this one point, that if I manage to truly help my past life self, I would be quiet simply helping my self in this present incarnation.

Yep...and if you had time, pun intended, to prepare, passing information that would produce an invention of wordly proportions would benefit the Facelift Dynasty indeed...

Also, I'd pass on certain advice that would help the future me, such as stay far away from Blondes...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I suppose I would give myself lessons from life experience (sometimes also called wisdom). Also, truthfully, if the opportunity presented itself, I would probably also give some investing insight to rid future self of the pesky "money" issues.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I would kill him and do it all over again myself. My.. self?? got it? Jeez.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think I'd try to live out my life as how it was supposed to be. What if I fix some problem in my past life only to cause a ripple effect that makes my present day life 20 times worse? If my composite life experiences is supposed to teach me the hardships of what ever transpired in my past life, then that is what should be learned.

I feel like if we were to have past lives then we are going to learn the lessons of that life time one way or the other. If it is prevented from being learned in one life. It will be learned in another life and frankly I got too many problems right now as it is. I don't need or want anymore right now.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'd like to go back and see all my fave bands when they were around jimi hendrix the doors etc lol

Woodstock '69 please!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

they are all good reasons, but I reckon its always going to be easier to work on yourself rather than on other people. If working on yourself is doing your best to stop a murder, well that count too. Sometimes that can be achieved in many ways. For instance talking to the person nobody want to talk to, appreciating life in all its aspects.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

reply to post by facelift

That for me is the most important realization, the next one would be what really qualifies as being myself? Is my view limited, take for instance a mother that says my child is part of myself.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

so many people never share wisdom and how useful it is in many ways. That's what uncle Bob was all about, wisdom and simple life tips that many don't know and many times just because of your age.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScottishBiker420
I'd like to go back and see all my fave bands when they were around jimi hendrix the doors etc lol

Woodstock '69 please!

Same here. Love to have seen Led Zep and Floyd in their prime!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

yes the ripple effect can be complex and its good to see you are aware of being careful. But the ripple effect works both ways, fear and love create a ripple. One easy way, it to create beneficial ripples and my guess is they will make your life less complicated. Either in the now or in the past.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'd have joined ATS in 2003, bought Google out in 1995, and left that face book guy stranded somewhere in Nazi Germany -possibly Soviet Russia!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wash777

For Scottish biker and wash777 that was a hard time in music for me to miss also. I remember what the actor Denis hopper when he was asked about it, " I am not sure cause can hardly remember any of it. That was the 60s for you, at least for some.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I would love to be able to go back....my mom wouldn't have died the way she did, my dad wouldn't have died alone, my sister wouldn't be a drug addict as I wouldn't leave her to go and live in another country.....yes I would definitely go back..................

top topics

join