It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ohio bigfoot carrying a stick

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

Personal experiance is not hearsay. If you've ever spent any time in the outdoors you would recognize the original arguments to this thread as false and misleading information as many people with personal experiance here can attest to. I never clamed to be a "bigfoot expert" those are your words. I do claim to have firsthand knowledge of animal behavior in the wild for the better part of fifty years living on this planet, both on the ground and undersea, with fiteen years and better as a dive instructor. So keeping a watchful eye in enviroments when others depend on you for their safety was not only a requirement but a necesity. Judging animal behavior was my business. Side note...the most dangerous animal I ever ran into was a panicked human.

It pays to keep your whits about you whether in the wilds of the forest, sea, or a thread on ATS

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
As soon as the same poster puts up a video of a deer or other wild animal surprised by an ATV out in the middle of the woods, then I will be inclined to believe this video as depicting a live wild animal...until then, it is likely a staged incident...If this guy carries a camera in the woods all the time, should not be too hard to catch a deer or other wild animal in close proximity to the running ATV...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Further, it should be noted the guy on the ATV could be a dupe in the act...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

Personal experience IS hearsay to other people, do they experience it? You write replies like you are superior to me, what a joke, you believe this tripe. Fine you have experience with wildlife but what difference does that make to this video? Where you beside the camera doing your best Steve Irwin impression or like everyone else here are you looking at the video on a computer? You cannot give evidence to say that it even exists, not one bit, now you are banging on about you prowess with nature as if it is some kind of relevance to this video, you have nothing. But keep on thinking you are better than everyone else, I'm sure helped you in life so far.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

A creatures behavior isn't some mystical thing...they have the same basic instincs we do, food, procreation, shelter, curiosity, and when threatened fight or flight. While in pursuit of any one of these things is it really that hard to believe they can be caught off guard.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
LMAO, if you pause the video from 7-8 seconds you can actually see the guy get up from behind a bush and start wallkng. Totally a Hoax, I really cant see anyone video taping there ATV ride through regular forest, nothing even worth video taping.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Interesting video.

I watched it 6-7 times, paying attention to the condition of trail in the first 10 seconds of the video. It looks to me, at 5-6 seconds in, that there are a pair of ATV tracks curving off to the left, as if from a "practice run" to get the timing of the 'bigfoot' crossing perfect.
It also looks like there may be sticks across the trail that are broken, like they had previously been run over.

Over course the ATVer could have legitimately ridden by earlier in the day, and then happened to catch this creature on a subsequent pass.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer

Personal experience IS hearsay to other people, do they experience it? You write replies like you are superior to me, what a joke, you believe this tripe. Fine you have experience with wildlife but what difference does that make to this video? Where you beside the camera doing your best Steve Irwin impression or like everyone else here are you looking at the video on a computer? You cannot give evidence to say that it even exists, not one bit, now you are banging on about you prowess with nature as if it is some kind of relevance to this video, you have nothing. But keep on thinking you are better than everyone else, I'm sure helped you in life so far.

My responce is relivant to this video in regard to the posts that attemted to debunk it the based off what some individuals regarded as inappropriate animal behavior. Which I see none of. After your rude comments, I asked you to put up or shut up. Which you've done neither. Instead you continue to point out my supposed superiority to you. Well if that shoe fits, I'll wear it.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

No, it is not that hard to believe another creature could be caught off guard at all...quite common actually...that is exactly my point...

I have seen coyote, fox, deer, antelope, bear, snakes, gators, turkeys, buzzard, crow, etc,, all in the wild...been quite close, even when making noise...and that is the point...

Leading to the possible conclusions:

1) First time camera operation in the wild, capturing a phenomenal, earth shaking event of monumental proportions, should it be true;
2) Just one of another times riding with a handlebar mounted camera, capturing a phenomenal, earth shaking event of monumental proportions, should it be true;
3) First time camera operation in the wild, unsuspecting dupe of practical joke;
4) Just one of another times riding with a handlebar mounted camera, unsuspecting dupe of practical joke;
5) First time camera operation in the wild, willing participant in a staged hoax;
6) Just one of another times riding with a handlebar mounted camera, willing participant in a staged hoax.

Think...if he has operated the camera in such a fashion prior to this film, then the chances of him encountering another wild animal in such a fashion would be quite high...And video of that sort would be just as entertaining (if not more) as this video...right?

I can state I have at least 100 such encounters in my 50 year life (several highly unusual) and I am not what one would consider a regular outdoorsman...I wish I had a video of any one of them, but alas, it will always be relegated to the "one that got away," file...
edit on 25-8-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You just keep side stepping every question I ask you, you asked me to put up or shut up, where is the evidence that this creature EXISTS? Still waiting for that one, you believe this is true, take a look at your first comment and how does your experience with nature contradict ANY of what I am saying. You proved my point by the way with the last bit of your comment, you have nothing yet you present your theories as evidence. I call bullsh*t on just about everything you have said, doubt you have any experience in the wild either, like this video sir you are a FRAUD.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

All of the above intirely possible, as I stated before it could very well be a hoax, but trying to debunk something with the flimsy arguments that started this thread, well, thats another story. I do keep an open mind and most times and am willing to concede in the wake of irrefutible evidance. Making bold statements as fact without backing up those factual statements is to me, nothing more than troll behavior at best. At worst a down right disservice to those they encounter.

edit on 25-8-2012 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

One thing I have come to realize is that nature and life itself is very fleeting. Capturing in it on film or video is all the more difficult. I'd liike to have a camera available every time I go out doors, it's not always pratical and if hunting alone not easy without the right equipment. I' m thankfull to have ghe equipmant I do and seek to add to it. Who knows maybe I'll be defending my own video someday.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Well, I did not use flimsy arguments...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I'd liike to have a camera available every time I go out doors, it's not always pratical and if hunting alone not easy without the right equipment.

Are you going to catch chance encounters on tape ALL of the time? Of course, the answer is NO; however...

This guy has a camera mounted on his handlebars...

Anyone could do this, even you...seems practical enough...

And the best possible defense you could offer in support of any outdoor video you post could be ALL of your outdoor video...it shows a pattern of consistency...namely, you video ALL of your outdoor activity...

Do you see my point?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey

I'd liike to have a camera available every time I go out doors, it's not always pratical and if hunting alone not easy without the right equipment.

Are you going to catch chance encounters on tape ALL of the time? Of course, the answer is NO; however...

This guy has a camera mounted on his handlebars...

Anyone could do this, even you...seems practical enough...

And the best possible defense you could offer in support of any outdoor video you post could be ALL of your outdoor video...it shows a pattern of consistency...namely, you video ALL of your outdoor activity...

Do you see my point?

I agree, but at present I neither own a video camera or a quad. When I hunt I usually carry a bow or rifle, a portable climber, a backpack with binocs, food, knife, game call and minor first aid supplies. I generaly hunt alone but have taken digital SLR nikon on occasion that has a tamaron 18mm to 200 mm zoom on it. I do take pics but am there to gereraly there to fill my freezer so the noise of even the camera shutter makes me feel as though game can get scared away easily.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I have driven by wild deer eating in the wood almost close enough for me to reach out & touch , they never moved as we continued on but you step out & break a stick with in 50 feet of them & see what happens . It is something about the type or tone of noise that frightens them I am told , Maybe even the big guy & other animals are similar . I really have nothing except from a little wheeling experience in areas with them that lets me know this .
John

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I agree, but at present I neither own a video camera or a quad. When I hunt I usually carry a bow or rifle, a portable climber, a backpack with binocs, food, knife, game call and minor first aid supplies. I generaly hunt alone but have taken digital SLR nikon on occasion that has a tamaron 18mm to 200 mm zoom on it. I do take pics but am there to gereraly there to fill my freezer so the noise of even the camera shutter makes me feel as though game can get scared away easily.

Right...you would be there to take care of primary business..fill the freezer...

And the noise of the camera shutter would scare the game away easily...alerting them to your presence and keeping them away...hard to get a shot off in that situation...

But this guy has the camera mounted on the handlebars...indicating he knows what type of pictures/video is being taken...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I would attempt to pull various pranks and other shenanigans on the creature while eating beef jerkey.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
A lot of people are saying that if this were true then the big foot would have heard the quad and left the area..? What???????? Do you know how many animals are hit on a road?

Maybe it was trying to escape the sound but navigated wrong......

To say it couldn't be big foot because it would have heard the quad is such a ridiculous notion....

However; looks like a monkey suit to me!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
reply to post by gibbajabba

No wonder they are nearly extinct, probably get hit by buses all the time
that's funny!
I don't often agree with people on bigfoot videos but this time I have to say I think they're right this time.
Imo it doesn't look authentic.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join