It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help please with an ingrown chest hair.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Yes, kinda hard reaching my chest in the position it is.

Also note, I managed to get it out, and it feels much better. I went for the needle option, and although it hurt, it feels so much better now.

vvv

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Glad you got it out,
sad eyed lady
edit on 8/25/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: information deleted due to the circumstance

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The next time someone rants about how ATS is going downhill I am going to use this thread as an example of a waste of bandwidth.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by faceoff85

Thanks mate.

This is something that I have never gotten before. So its kind off upsetting getting one now. Never knew it hurt so much.

vvv

Wow man, grow a pair, haha. Laughing with you not at you. You know there are people in the world with heart issues, cancer, etc., right? :-P

Hopefully you'll get over being upset eventually. Heh.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

next time use a hot washcloth and place it on the ingrown hair. Repeat as the washcloth cools down. This will help reduce the swelling of the sore.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by faceoff85

Thanks mate.

This is something that I have never gotten before. So its kind off upsetting getting one now. Never knew it hurt so much.

vvv

Just pray you never get one on the inside on your nostril.... THAT is that most mind numbing pain I have ever experienced.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Whenever I get them I just squeeze the crap out of it just like a zit. If you keep doing that, it'll go away eventually. Unfortunately, there is no real way to get rid of ingrown hairs other than just dealing with it til it goes away lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hello there..............
To prevent this from happening again, may I suggest, after shaving, use a natural oatmeal soap or a rolled oats paste to remove any debris and/or dead skin. This is generally the cause of ingrown hairs..leftovers..ugh!!!
Use your soap or paste for a few days after shaving....

Good luck and may it not reoccur.

Namaste!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
Just look up on youtube worlds biggest zit and it will give you inspiration lol.

Regrettably, I allowed my curiosity to get the better of me and looked up your video.

Ewwwwwwwwww doesn't cover it. And I'm trying to get over a stomach virus...that vid probably set me back a day.

To the OP: be careful using the needle. It can lead to some bad scarring if done incorrectly.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has suggested this or not.

Get a washcloth and use it as a hot compress. The heat will soften it and then use a sterile needle and poke it but do it at an angle. It won't hurt as much if you go in at an angle.

I knew someone who use to get these because he had a hairy chest, this worked every time. It may take a couple tries but it will work.

A hot compress is really the only way you should attempt to pop anything like a pimple or in grown hair. Poking or digging at it will cause scarring and could make it worse.

Good luck VVV

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This has got to be the coolest thread i have ever read on ATS!!

man, this is awesome...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Mate seriously, you don't have to reply in this thread.

If its really "squeezing" you so badly, then rather just "pop" out of the thread, and forget about it.

vvv

HO! Datsagudin!

reply to post by reficul

You done messed up. You had everyone thinking you were some kind of billybadarse with all your injuries, now all of the sudden you puke your guts out because you ate a little spider?

I blew my nose one time, inspected the results as most people do (whether they admit it or not) and I'd be damned if there wasn't a spider stuck in my boogers! Little devil must have crawled in there during the night or something and got stuck in my natural version of a cockroach sticky trap. It was funny. He was dead of course.

I just felt that story was kind of fitting considering where this thread seems to be going.

Anyway, OP, get yourself some of those big nail-clippers, like the ones for your toe nails, and just snip that litter effer off your chest. It'll be nice and quick, no squeezing, just snip and your done. Hmm where have I heard that before....

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
For future reference: Ichthammol ointment (black drawing salve) has always been a staple in my medicine cabinet. It's good for thorns, spider bites, splinters, stingers, boils, etc. It will stain, so always cover it with a bandage. I have always purchased mine at the local drug store.

Here's a link about the ointment:
herbs.lovetoknow.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

hmmm.......

go to the Medical Doctor maybe .. like urgent care maybe ??

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

LOL, I can't wait for more surgical advice on this thread.....whats next? Like another poster says.....a bullet wound?

Seriously, a tiny little ingrown hair and the "patient" is screaming for attention. I'd hate to see him sick with the flu.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Lol told you so!

But didn't it make it seem like even a huge gash was a scrape

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Haha, a fetish, no. More like once I realise they're there I need to drag it out or squeeze it out, then when I see it I think 'hmmmm.....I might just crunch this one'

Just something I do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join