It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help please with an ingrown chest hair.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
So I got one chest hair that seems to have grown the wrong way. The folicle seems to be swollen, and is rather painful. There is a lot of pressure around the little hair area.

Any suggestions, don't really want to puncture it, because it hurts too much.

I think it was probably caused by my shirt rubbing against the area of the hair, thus causing it to grow wrongly.

Any help appreciated.

vvv

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Just get a pin and stab a hole in it, then close your eyes and squeeeze

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

Thanks, but that sounds gross man.

I shall just let it heal on its own i figure, and endure the pain for now.

vvv

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Originally posted by Samuelis

Thanks, but that sounds gross man.

I shall just let it heal on its own i figure, and endure the pain for now.

vvv

Eh.. you might want to do something about it. If you "let it heal" on its own, it could heal into a permanent bump. If you don't mind that, go for it. But otherwise, I say puncture it, and then use tweezers to pull out the curled up hair. Sorry if it's gross, but then again, so is the in-grown hair in the first place.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Sorry if it's gross, but then again, so is the in-grown hair in the first place.
reply to post by bacci0909

Well, it is not my fault its there. It also does not look tooo gross, just a small red bump, which stings.

I could always upload a pic.

vvv

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Oh its not big? just pop that crap. Just like a pimple dude.
Take a deep breath hold it flex every muscle in your upper body and just do it ya wont feel a thing.
edit on 25-8-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I used to have many on my chest and throat. open them and just pinch the hair out or use a needle.. you dont want to be leaving it to fester under your skin. get your spouse or mom to do it otherwise.

When you've got 1 you're bound to be getting more in the future. it'll look like pimples all ove again
you'll have to get to know your skin to know how to prevent them. dont cut your hair to short or your skin closes. for the hairs that just fall out you cant do anything about that.

Just a word of advice
edit on 25/8/2012 by faceoff85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Yea I agree just lance it with a needle. Just make sure you heat the needle till it glows first.

You will be happy by morning im sure. If its the pain just put a cube of ice on it.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Thanks guys.

I asked my wife to stick a needle in there, but man, it felt like that needle went right through to my medula oblangata!!!

It makes my eyes water just to squeeze it lightly.

vvv

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Sorry if it's gross, but then again, so is the in-grown hair in the first place.

Well, it is not my fault its there. It also does not look tooo gross, just a small red bump, which stings.

vvv

Not so fast there. It is your fault that it is there, it's your body after all.

Just pop it and pull it and disinfect it. The pain only will last for a brief period, compared to having it irratate you for hours and days on end.

By the by, this happens alot to people who shave their body quite regularly. (Truthfully, I don't wanna know...TMI )

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

vvv

Not so fast there. It is your fault that it is there, it's your body after all.

Just pop it and pull it and disinfect it. The pain only will last for a brief period, compared to having it irratate you for hours and days on end.

By the by, this happens alot to people who shave their body quite regularly. (Truthfully, I don't wanna know...TMI )

True. really wanna groom the rest? use a trimmer NOT a razor

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Actually yes, I did shave it a couple of months ago. It grew back fine though. So this is kinda out of the blue to be honest.

I use the back of my electric shaver, its got a trimmer which works pretty well.

vvv

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Actually yes, I did shave it a couple of months ago. It grew back fine though. So this is kinda out of the blue to be honest
I use the back of my electric shaver, its got a trimmer which works pretty well.

vvv

Then it shouldn't bother you to much but there's always a chance. hair's also get "rubbed off" so maybe thats what happened. just dont leave it. I had a big problem with my throat and in the end i had to stop using razors to prevent ingrowth of hair
edit on 25/8/2012 by faceoff85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Thanks mate.

This is something that I have never gotten before. So its kind off upsetting getting one now. Never knew it hurt so much.

vvv

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Grow a pair and pop it or use a needle!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

reply to post by faceoff85

Thanks mate.

This is something that I have never gotten before. So its kind off upsetting getting one now. Never knew it hurt so much.

vvv

Honestly for me it had more to do with estehtic value than the bumps actually being a real pain.
Us dutch folks need to help eachother out right

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Just look up on youtube worlds biggest zit and it will give you inspiration lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hey VVV
Not sure if you've popped the thing yet...but being from SA I'm sure you've had to use "trek salf" before? Not sure wot the proper name is. Had to use it loads o times for Pendorings when I was a kid running round barefoot in the bushveld
(Aah, the good ole days when my biggest worry was a thorn in my foot, not one in my side)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Big Girls Blouse?

I squeeze them, then eat the contents, ingrown hairs, not pimples.....well some pimples....like the hard ones.

edit on 25-8-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Man!"!!

I almost puked!!

vvv

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join