It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Mars - millions of gallons of liquid spewing from holes in the clifftop.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
No-one can say "no water" now....

OK, it may not be water - we dont know, but it has been said by many that there IS liquid, and many have found evidence of life.

The image is of Maunder Crater and shows liquid spewing out of holes in the cliff face. You can actually see the fluid coming from the holes in the clifftop and looks as if it is coming out under pressure like from a dam on Earth for example.

Liquid spewing from Maunder crater
So what liquid is this then?

The image is taken from here - Maunder crater

Sorry I cannot upload images to my upload area at the moment, but there are images on websites above and more on the AA website below.
More info at Alien Anomalies forum post

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm not seeing it

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Millions of gallons? How do you arrive at that figure?

There is some evidence of liquid flow which could be briney water. Water containing high levels of salts could exist for a short time on Mars' surface but that hasn't been exactly secret.
www.nasa.gov...
www.nasa.gov...
edit on 8/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I personally believe the best thing we can do after the current science lab on wheels has done it's job and given back all the data we can get is to mass produce probes and rovers to a basic but hardy and functional level. Little ones like Opportunity as opposed to the whole deluxe package as the current one is.

Then drop a dozen or two or 3 dozen of them all over the surface of Mars to check the rather lengthy list of 'neat' spots. Perhaps we'd get a lot answered in a relatively short time that way. Mass produce for quantity...after the current quality has run it's course for what it can do. At least that seems logical to me.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It is light reflection on 3 ridges of rocks. My trusty magnifying glass works wonders when looking at these pics. Please buy one.
edit on 25-8-2012 by sussy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sussy

or one could hold down the ctrl button and use the mouse wheel to zoom in :p

mmm pixely

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
That is sand blowed by the wind. Same visual in any desert.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
There are much better examples of water on Mars. Here's an article on the ESA website about water on Mars:

www.esa.int...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

When I see water coming out of something from mars I have to think of the above picture. The above image in my opinion shows there is a civilization (probably underground) living there now!

I love it when people post things because it is showing there is an interest and indeed there should be an interest because there are artifacts on mars, the images just don't lie.

Take a look at the images on this page. Many of them are the real deal !
jszostak.webs.com...

And if you think they have not visited earth think again:
The Curious Case of 64!
www.icompositions.com...

edit on 25-8-2012 by thetiler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I personally believe the best thing we can do after the current science lab on wheels has done it's job and given back all the data we can get is to mass produce probes and rovers to a basic but hardy and functional level. Little ones like Opportunity as opposed to the whole deluxe package as the current one is.

Then drop a dozen or two or 3 dozen of them all over the surface of Mars to check the rather lengthy list of 'neat' spots. Perhaps we'd get a lot answered in a relatively short time that way. Mass produce for quantity...after the current quality has run it's course for what it can do. At least that seems logical to me.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

We're going to need a good sized spaceship and a crew of five to haul all that cargo. We are to bring a psychologist, a Navy commander, an astrophysicist, a zoologist and a mathematician.

I can not wait for the space age !

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
There are much better examples of water on Mars. Here's an article on the ESA website about water on Mars:

www.esa.int...

OK, thanks, so why are we not investigating areas where water is in abundance and where 'life' would logically be if it is to be found? Why are we not openly (yes, openly) acknowledging that there is water there and it exists in quantities enough to allow life to flourish?

If you asked 100 people on the street whether there was water on Mars, most would probably say 'No' since Mars has been sold to us as dry and lifeless and since it is a fairly big deal to find water on any planet, why are we not shouting it from the rooftops?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

www.esa.int...

OK, thanks, so why are we not investigating areas where water is in abundance and where 'life' would logically be if it is to be found? Why are we not openly (yes, openly) acknowledging that there is water there and it exists in quantities enough to allow life to flourish?

If you asked 100 people on the street whether there was water on Mars, most would probably say 'No' since Mars has been sold to us as dry and lifeless and since it is a fairly big deal to find water on any planet, why are we not shouting it from the rooftops?

NASA has admitted that the Curiosity rover is not designed to look for signs of life. Instead, its detectors are designed to check compositions of rocks and soils that might have sustained life in the past. With this more limited goal, NASA can preserve the current scientific paradigm that Mars is now a dead planet. Perish the thought that science would be interested in finding life - whether microbes or ETs! UFOs are filmed hovering over and flying around the International Space Station and NASA dismisses them as ice crystals. Its probes to Mars are not designed to find life. They are intended to reinforce the paradigm that the planet is dead.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Water containing high levels of salts could exist

Maybe not that high though

Saltiness lowers the freezing temperature of water. Sites with active flows get warm enough, even in the shallow subsurface, to sustain liquid water that is about as salty as Earth's oceans, while pure water would freeze at the observed temperatures.

edit on 25-8-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

You know how tptb tell their story to the common people though movies...? Remember Total Recall...Mars being "activated" for a sustainable and breathable atmosphere? Well....thats what is happening here.

Just saying..and keeping the conspiracy alive

edit on 25/8/2012 by zatara because: grammar

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

All I'm seeing is three rock formations with the tips of those formations above the line of the cast shadow on the hill. This is not evidence of anything.

If there is "liquid" spewing out of there, it has to go somewhere. So where is it?

Presumably this would have been a continuous process over hundreds of thousands of years, so where is all the corroborating evidence? Where are the flows of rivers? Where are the pools of whatever this is?

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but nothing about that image tells me there is anything "spewing" out. If it were, there would be far more evidence of it in the surrounding geology.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
the images just don't lie.

No, but the interpretation of those images does.

If you looked down on a photo of the Devil's Causeway you would be 100% certain that it was created by intelligent life, but we know it isn't. It's a rock formation, an interesting one nonetheless, but an entirely natural phenomena.

Whenever I see these images from Mars supposedly depicting something unusual all I see is light and shadow, and a lot of rock. I have seen nothing in any of those images to convince me that there is anything there other than a dead planet.

I fully believe that it is entirely possible that there could be life there, and that it is actually likely that there has been intelligent life there before - but then I think the same thing about the history of the Earth being far greater than we can ever imagine - but some grainy images I can attribute to being rock formations and shadow will not prove anything.

I think, like it or not, we have to rely on NASA to do the investigating for us. No images we can dig up will prove anything to any of us. There needs to be real evidence, irrefutable and concrete. Until that happens, every one of these images is suggestion and supposition. And many, in my opinion, are outright stretches of the imagination.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

Nice link thanks for that
Now I've pointed out some mars 'anomalies' in the past to my wife who's something of an enthusiastic amateur archeologist ( even got herself on the telly a few times ) and she was left wide eyed, opened mouthed ......."what the???"

Cheers

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
The image is of Maunder Crater and shows liquid spewing out of holes in the cliff face. You can actually see the fluid coming from the holes in the clifftop and looks as if it is coming out under pressure like from a dam on Earth for example.

No, we can't. From what we can see that can be either liquid or dust, or even (although less likely) just an area with a different colour.

Yes, many photos show that something ran down some slope, but this isn't one of those, as it doesn't have enough quality for that.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

That photo, to me, is a good example of what I was saying about different colours, as I think that's what we can see there, marks of dust or liquid that changed the colour of those areas, but not any spray, as the "shadow" does not match with the other shadows in the photo.

As for the two links you posted, just the usual half truths, hiding the explanations of those things that are easily explained to make it more interesting.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

From what I have seen, there isn't any place with water in abundance on the surface, and those places where the (supposed) water flows from time to time are not easily accessible by a robot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join