It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: The Rise of Humor..!?!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
When we get to the end of the "program" let us call it (said like Morpheus in the Matrix), and we come to that space where there's nothing more we can do, or I should say that we MUST do or are compelled to do when we come to nothing in particular as the everywhere always state of eternal being and becoming, we suddenly realize, perhaps to our horror if not shame, that the only thing that really mattered in the final analysis, was and is, love, or in our case, looking around at the world as it is, an abject failure in love.

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried.
~ G.K. Chesterton

Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

Why is this a laughing matter?

Because what was reasonable, was abandoned and rejected in favor of everything that was unreasonable, and yet its unreasonableness, is so utterly unreasonable ie: foolish (in one way or another) only because we also know, on the other hand, what IS reasonable! It's still there, the sanity we lost as a "civil society", lurking under the surface like a taproot or a rhizome or as the unseen Eschaton at the end of time and history just waiting to spring it's absolute reasonableness upon us all, first to our horror and shame and to our dismay and then eventually (if we take the inquiry to it's logical conclusion), our hilarity - of the kind capable of wiping away the tears from our eyes, only to produce tears of laughter in their place, which eventually come to an end in the form of a smile (instead of a frown).

Having come back to our "senses" in accordance with all normal standards of "normalcy" we might give our head a shake, altogether forgetting what we were just laughing at or smirking over we might glance at our watch, thinking about something that we're not even certain is important as the chattering mind flits about momentarily unsure of itself, only recovering a precarious balance of power in its favor by quickly reasserting it's absolutely UNreasonable authority in turning our attention away from what is (was) reasonable and rational, to the next utterly mundane and absurd preoccupation, even "concern", or perhaps if we so choose, a grave concern. Maybe even something that gets us really PEEVED OFF!

"It's a bad bad world" we conclude, while the glorious world-waiting-to-be-born (practically firing straight out of the womb of suffering) is immediately discarded out the window with a splash of bathwater in favor of Facebook and twitter, while CNN or even G_d forbid, Fox News, eminates from the flat TV screen and, lost again, we float around many of us for YEARS, forgetting all about that one quintessential most important and vital thing we were supposed to remember and once knew, even as something you could feel in your bones as a child. And, as sad as it is, in hindsight, athough we might have caught fleeting glimpses of "it" from time to time, it eventually became one question and line of reasoning we just shrugged off as of no consequence, and most certainly nothing to get emotional about!

The Cornerstone of Reason

And yet, as if from only the thinnest of membranes away (from the insanity) there's this powerful and abiding, even indominable "cornerstone of reason"; of reason, if only because everything that's stupid just can't stand up to the weight of it's perfect and pure common sensibleness. Then, in recognition of this powerful center of reason we may indeed giggle, and we may laugh, and right there at that very moment, as Wolf Blitzer somewhat painfully (he's looking sadder by the day) in a monotone voice and demeanor drones on about Syria, or Iran, the clear light of reason and truth dawns AGAIN, and we burst out laughing at a world gone awry for all the wrong reasons, and then we KNOW that the rock of ages IS coming of age!, against which the follies and absurdities of history will surely crash, in gales of laughter, sorrow and regret, and then at long last more laughter, as we laugh ourselves AT OURSELVES straight into a domain of newound historical possibility, relative to which the rantings of the so-called "power elite" like Obama or Romney, are rendered mute (and moot), and there, here again, at the end of history as we know it, you/WE laugh again, together, because you/WE were the first ones there/here at the end of the age (and the beginning of a new one as an age of living water from a boundless jug) to experience the RISE OF HUMOR, and it was our own.

It was and is the humor of perfect understanding, as a veritable ROCK against which everything that is ridiculous and absurd is brought first to light, and then to the brunt of the ridicule, yet not without dissolving it's sting or the absurdity of its injustice(s) in the light of pure reason and love and compassionate awareness and a more complete understanding and comprehension, thus giving backbone and rational support to any good joke at absurdity's expense, and we've got enough material surely to last a millenium!

God help the politicians though, and bullies everywhere, because soon there won't be anywhere left to hide, least of all behind your own skin and bones, when the heart becomes visible and we come to see face to face both ourselves and one another, precisely as we are, authentically, and at least in our case authentically smiling for all the right reasons, and as for the rest well if they've completely lost it and there's nothing that can be done, come along and "leave the dead to bury their dead", until they too get the joke, even if a little late and from the wrong end of life, it makes no difference, only that it arrives eventually which for some reason is always on time and never too late.

Welcome to the 2012 Cosmogensis of the Noosphere! (said like an announcer at a three ring circus).
Welcome to the OmegaPoint of Common Sense and Reason (and of Spirit of Truth and Wisdom).

Best,

NAM aka Bob

edit on 25-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I tell you the truth, looking back in the rearview mirror of near 20/20 historical hindsight, sorrow and suffering does NOT and did not get the last word, or the last sick and twisted laugh, it doesn't work that way, no there's a higher reason as a new foundation upon which our right to laugh is restored, and to play again like children, secured.

And anyone or any organization or institution which seeks to stand in the way of this force of historical transformation by the light of reason and of truth and reality, will not prevail, and cannot.

So it's not just the right to laugh again restored, it's the secret smile that knows, and knows that it knows something that the self-professed knowitalls who think they run the show, do not, and so the last laugh is ours and belongs to the little man, to the downtrodden, as we rise up with knowing smiles on our faces..! (it's like a good sci-fi, but like the opposite of Invasion of the Body Snatchers..Invasion of the Newly Enlighted Comedians).

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I think I will answer the post with this video. It seem fitting;

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
There is no space where there is nothing more we can do. We are eternal souls.

But when Im leaving this dimension, I will be very relieved... and perhaps even smiling. This place is a true asylum filled with TV-programmed people.

edit on 25-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
What is that you suggest instead of current deeply flawed system? I fail to see anything concrete besides vague "playing like kids".
This is hardly enough to convince me to get rid of individuality and wear that anon grinning mask.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
An acquaintance and sometimes friend of mine (depending on his disposition on any given day), who's also a bit of a street person, rolling cigarettes from butts on the ground and begging for change as people enter the local variety store, looked straight at me yesterday, and with a hard long glare, informed me that "history has failed!"

My neighbor, although a little learning disabled, on the way home as we drove as he drove (took him five tries to get his drivers liscence but he perservered), pointed out, quite aptly, that in a way Toby the begger, although "down and out" had it all wrong, and was instead fixated on a world of his own creation, because it was one from which he no longer felt, that there was any escape.

But he didn't get the joke, and so was left instead eternally insulted, while laying blame for his predicament, upon us all.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment
I think I will answer the post with this video. It seem fitting;

OMG! How fitting!

That was genius.

Yes.

And it's ok if the joke's on us, on me, you, because once we DO get it, then why that's the space of all new possibility, including the possibility to be our truest and most authentic self as we are, even if sometimes, a fool that's just the risk we have to take, to really live.

It's the one who can't get the joke,
no matter how hard they may try,
for whome these tears I would cry..

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
i think what would truly fit this forum would be this message www.youtube.com...

remember these quote "it's just a ride"

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthofnitrous
i think what would truly fit this forum would be this message www.youtube.com...

remember these quote "it's just a ride"

vid imbedded

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
What is that you suggest instead of current deeply flawed system? I fail to see anything concrete besides vague "playing like kids".
This is hardly enough to convince me to get rid of individuality and wear that anon grinning mask.

It's a matter of the heart and soul and the Absolute integrity of the individual absolutely liberated in and by the light of reason (of truth), as a "rebirth" apart from what Jung called the "massman". It's the hope that springs eternal through the gateway of a whole new domain (new creation) of freedoma and of individual creative expression. It's about what is REAL because it is authentic, as compared to what is entirely unreal, being wholely INauthentic, and there's the laugh, at the one who we once took ourself to be. So it doesn't require puttiong on an anymous mask of a loss of individuality, but the taking off of the societal mask which imprisons us in isolation from one another, and within a self-improsed isolation chamber of strong subjectivity (instead of objectivity), to step forth into the light as it were a wholly authentic and freely self expressed human being, with one's mirth and humor and therefore, charm, restored.

It's a cultural thing, artistic, and infinitely more authentic and thus real, the truth that set's us free in eternity, allowing us to be ourselves as we are, without judgement towards our neighbor, treating them as we would like to be treated. Being more human, more fully self realized - at the end of a history that failed, and the beginning of a new one still to be realized, and since it can't get any worse and since there's much to use for contrast, it can't not get a whole lot better, for if you're going for better, then surely you have to go for the very best of the best. I'm saying leave it ALL behind everything that is irrational and stupid, and allow it to topple in on itself with a THUMP and perhaps the giggles of a lost inner child recovered at last.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
What remains is an open world, the precious ocean pearl in hand, the treasure found at last and reburied, the whole field purchased (with everythting else, everything irrational, set aside ie: sold ie: no attachments to any falsehood or ignorance of any kind, which are all born of an ego-based reality filter to begin with), set free into a whole new domain of freedom we've never previously before considered, as the space of all things new wherein all new possibility becomes not only possible, but eventually real, even more real than the bullcrap all around us, more real by far, and there again we arrive at the humor of true understanding. It's not the loss of a self but a true self regained and restored, even dare we say it, a happy self, who is also a self we once knew, but it sure is nice to know he didn't completely die..

edit on 26-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: music vid added

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

"Life is a Mighty Joke. He who knows this can hardly be understood by others. He who does not know it finds himself in a state of delusion. He may ponder over this problem day and night, but will find himself incapable of knowing it. Why? People take life seriously, and God lightly; whereas we must take God seriously, and take life lightly. Then, we know that we always were the same and will ever remain the same.......the Originator of this joke. This knowledge is not acheived by reasoning.
But it is the knowledge of experience."

~ Meher Baba

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

from the thread "To be is not to pretend to be"

"The hardest thing to do is to express one's self honestly."
~ Bruce Lee

And here's the kind of thing that he could do!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Follow up re: Bruce Lee.

Originally posted by ancientthunder

yes that is true and something that I admired about Bruce a lot and still do, he was a living example of being your true self in action. Especially with all the pressure he must of been surrounded by. I like when his wife was asked about conspiracy and she said something like " just let it be, let it rest and let his life speak for it self."

Ironically however, the guy playing pinpong with his numbchucks appears to in fact be an imposter and someone only pretending to be Bruce Lee, although equally impressive if not ever greater were his feats of strength and dexterity "the one inch punch" as but an example - how's that for honest and direct?!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder

yes I find it highly suited to this thread! well done and a much needed aspect. That laughter that wells up from deep inside yourself and completely destroys any kind of logical approach to the truth, With the ability to throw you on the floor.like this one does from seriousness to ........enjoy.

That was awesome! Now I've got to run it over to my 2012 humor thread, I guess to let our future selves know that the end is the beginning, and well just to make sure that nobody misses it, not that there's anything fundamentally WRONG if they do..

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
For example - this thread, and the entire forum of 2012 Information & Conspiracies is itself on a countdown to a state of newfound hilarity, enjoyment and everlasting satisfaction.

Then all we have to do really is rise to power together as a generation, and change the world for the better whereby it may be said that for man all happiness must arise only in relation to some unhappiness, already experienced and where the more that sorrow and suffering has carved into our being, the more joy we can contain!

It's like some sort of cosmological awareness combined with Jesus humor or something like that. It's the circle of joy made complete in our joy, that his joy and ours might be complete.

May it be a wellspring of humorous joy, when we finally come to the end of an old and outmoded "program" of utterly stupidity and nonsense.

So it's also a type of grave humor, if you willl.. Now that's funny!

God Bless, and hey Merry Christmas, and a Happy and Joyfilled New Year!

NAM
October 17th, 2012 (tick tick tick...lol)

edit on 17-10-2012 by NewAgeMan because: every reason given.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
There's still time, it's not too late!

top topics

join