Romney Jokes About Obama's Citizenship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra
So you clicked on this thread to say you do not care about the topic of this thread,

I clicked on it and responded appropriately ... to state that it is a NON-ISSUE. It's ABSURD to get all worked up because Romney joked about Obama's citizenship. Obama himself joked about it. Both of them joking about it is a non-issue. The REAL issues are unemployment and the economy and the cost of food ... NOT that Romney joked about something that Obama himself joked about. :shk:

I care.

If you want to get uptight because Romney said one joke about something that Obama himself has joked about ... well ... knock yourself out. Good luck with that.

edit on 8/25/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Well, with the whole "Birther" issue as it's come to be known, it's hard to get this point made over the partisan passion the whole subject carries now. However, there is no one who is charged with investigating and vetting a Presidential Candidate. Not one person, anywhere in the whole, vast sea of Government agencies meant to do just about everything imaginable. Not one single person has that task. NO ONE like FBI or CIA is going to run an investigation like that on their own...just because. The mere hint of political misconduct by such a thing would end the thought before it fully formed these days.

Candidates in this system are 'vetted' (to a voluntary extent, if at all) by the Parties who they are presented under as Candidates. The Party says they're good, so they're good. Thats that. Amazing and ..bordering on unbelievable but this was covered extensively by a couple different radio hosts I was listening to back in 2008 and darned if I didn't find their words to be true upon my own close look at the issue.

The Constitution says in specific terms what a President is required to meet for a few basic points but not who insures it's done. I guess no one ever got around to that part.....since the Political Parties were happy to assume the role.

Now... Win, lose or draw on Obama, I think that situation DOES have to change and requirements for basic documents like a Birth Certificate be absolute after Obama is out. This should never...ever...happen again. I am required to have a Birth Certificate to get a drivers license......but if the Republican or Democratic Party likes me well enough, I never have to show one to not only run for but go on to serve as the Nation's President.

It's all just selective moral outrage.

Talk about everything except the U.S. economy and the plans Obama has for

the USA if he gets re-elected.

Divert - Distract - Divide

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I agree with Cuervo. Obama joked about Romney's dog (appealing to the animal lovers) and Romney joked about Obama's birth certificate (appealing to the birthers)... But one thing I don't want to get lost is what Romney actually said...

"No one has ever asked for my birth certificate."

Think about that. No one has ever asked for his birth certificate. They just assume he's telling the truth. No one downloaded Romney's (or McCain's) birth certificates and studied, in minute detail, the borders, the lettering or the background, looking for a sign of impropriety.

No one thinks it makes ANY sense to ask Romney for his long form...
No one has asked for his social security number or his college transcripts
No one has doubted his parentage.
No one questions his allegiance to his stated religion.
No one has asked about his parent's marriage.
No one has asked for his wife's college thesis.
No one has examined his Mormon ministers or posted videotapes of them.

And when we DO ask for something to see if this very wealthy man has paid his fair share of taxes to this country, he refuses, telling us to "just trust him".

And most do. The VERY same people who pored over Obama's personal life and found fault with EVERY move he's ever made, and made up many that he didn't, are now putting their complete trust in this man, who says, "Just Trust Me", after he's proven that he cannot be trusted.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I clicked on it and responded appropriately ... to state that it is a NON-ISSUE.

No, you clicked on it and responded to say that you did not care. You get irony, right? If you thought it was a non issue and not worth caring about, you would have done just that and kept rolling along.

It's ABSURD to get all worked up because Romney joked about Obama's citizenship.

You seem kinda worked up. I am pretty calm.

Obama himself joked about it.

I joke about my father. Don't you ever dare make the same types of jokes about MY father. Get it?

Both of them joking about it is a non-issue. The REAL issues are unemployment and the economy and the cost of food ... NOT that Romney joked about something that Obama himself joked about. :shk:

Then why are you not contributing to one of those threads instead of adding to this one?

If you want to get uptight because Romney said one joke about something that Obama himself has joked about ... well ... knock yourself out. Good luck with that.

edit on 8/25/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

I am not sure how you come to the conclusions you do. They are bad. I am not worked up or uptight. You are the one running through this thread like it kicked your puppy. I am just opining.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I agree with Cuervo. Obama joked about Romney's dog (appealing to the animal lovers) and Romney joked about Obama's birth certificate (appealing to the birthers)... But one thing I don't want to get lost is what Romney actually said...

Hey um....just curious here. Think you could point me to the posts and entire threads about how Romney should be hung as a traitor for what he did to his dog? Or are we trying to compare apples to pickles?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Oh my. Yoopers shouldn't vote for Romney, he's a troll. I wonder if he is even aware that the Upper Peninsula exists.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

If you thought it was a non issue and not worth caring about, you would have done just that and kept rolling along.

Um ... no. My comment is that it's ABSURD and a NON-ISSUE to fake being upset because Romney made one joke about a subject that Obama himself has made a joke about. And Obama has joked about Romney (his dog riding on top of the car). Stating that it's a non-issue is indeed something worthy of posting.

You seem kinda worked up. I am pretty calm.

Wrong .. If I were worked up .. the entire board would know it.
Poor deflection attempt on your part.

Then why are you not contributing to one of those threads instead of adding to this one?

You've been here one day. I've been here 8 1/2 years. Don't tell me how, or where, to post.

Get on topic. I am NOT the topic.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

Hey um....just curious here. Think you could point me to the posts and entire threads about how Romney should be hung as a traitor for what he did to his dog? Or are we trying to compare apples to pickles?

Watch the assumptions there. The world is bigger than ATS.
I know many people think Obama should be hung, but we're talking here about JOKES that the two men made about each other, not the Internet reactions to the subjects. Not the crazy birthers OR the crazy PETA activists.
I bet there are PETA folks who have said Romney should be hung for what he did. But that wasn't my point.

Many hate Obama, but I'm not one of them. In fact, check out some of the birther threads and you'll find me SQUARELY in support of Obama and his privacy rights. If you scout around a little more, you'll find I voted for Obama in 2008 and will again this year.

I hate it when people "come down on" new members, but you're practically asking for it here. Take a deep breath and stop attacking people you don't even know. Chill.
edit on 8/25/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

They just assume he's telling the truth. No one downloaded Romney's (or McCain's) birth certificates and studied, in minute detail, the borders, the lettering or the background, looking for a sign of impropriety.

Romney's background isn't fuzzy like Obama's. It's just that simple. And McCains citizenship was looked at very closely when he was running. It was easily determined that he is indeed a US citizen. He never became POTUS so the issue dropped.

ON TOPIC -

It was just a joke. Romney himself has been saying for YEARS that Obama is a US citizen and was born in Hawaii. He's been very consistant with that.

CBS News

"I think the citizenship test has been passed. I believe the president was born in the United States. There are real reasons to get this guy out of office," Romney said in April 2011. Romney this year defended his alliance with Donald Trump, an outspoken "birther," but Romney made clear he disagreed with Trump on the issue. When Pelley asked Romney if he agrees Mr. Obama is the "legitimate president of the United States," Romney responded, "I've said that probably 30 times by now, and 31 certainly won't hurt."

The left is manufacturing fake outrage over what was obviously a joke from a fella that has repeatedly said Obama was born in Hawaii and is a US citizen.
Again .. it's absurd.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Romney's background isn't fuzzy like Obama's.

Romney's background is most definitely FUZZY! Especially having to do with his money, business dealings, tax shelters and the percentage of taxes he paid. Not because the people made up things to make it sound "fuzzy", as is the case with Obama. His wasn't fuzzy until people started planting that thought in voters' heads.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Romney's background isn't fuzzy like Obama's.

Romney's background is most definitely FUZZY!

Either I wasn't clear ( a little fuzzy!
) or you didn't get what I was saying.
I probably didn't spell it out enough. Here ... I'll be more clear ...

Obama's back ground is fuzzy. He bounced around the world using different names and different religions and different citizenships on papers. This has never happened before with a POTUS candidate and it's disconcerting for a lot of people. Ya' can't really yell at them .. it's just where they are. At the same time , Obama's lies and corruptions and failures are crystal clear. The right pounds away about this and shouts 'look look' while pointing but the left closes their eyes and puts their fingers in their ears and sings 'lalalalala' ...

Romney's back ground is cystal clear. He's American .. no doubt. But his shortcomings are also crystal clear. His pandering flip flops .. his hiding tax documentation (like the right says Obama is hiding birth/school/citizenship documentation) ... his business dealings and sending jobs overseas (etc). The left pounds away about this and shouts 'look look' while pointing but the right closes their eyes and puts their fingers in their ears and sings 'lalalalalaaa'.

Left/Right = same/same. Both the politicians and the followers ...
Obama's background = fuzzy. His faults are clear.
Romney's background and faults are clear.

Was I more clear about what I was trying to say?

Side note - I've been pretty clear but I'll say it again so that no one says I"m 'fuzzy' on Obama's background. I think he was probably born in Hawaii and that he's probably a citizen. I don't know for sure ... but that's what I think based on what I've seen. I DO think there is a problem somewhere with paperwork or something. It took way too long for Obama to address this. When George Bush43 was accused of being AWOL he almost immediately released his military medical records that showed he was indeed on base and active when people were accusing him of being AWOL. I had hoped Obama would do the same kind of thing .. in the same timely manner. Neither Bush43 or Obama HAD TO release documents ... but it still would be best for them to do so. DITTO ROMNEY.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

McCain never released his birth certificate, it is just a birther lie they like to throw around.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Watch the assumptions there. The world is bigger than ATS.
I know many people think Obama should be hung, but we're talking here about JOKES that the two men made about each other, not the Internet reactions to the subjects. Not the crazy birthers OR the crazy PETA activists.
I bet there are PETA folks who have said Romney should be hung for what he did. But that wasn't my point.

Not sure what I assumed but you cannot separate the jokes from the reactions when the reactions are so obvious.

Hey, like I said. If you can point me to all the "jokes" about Romney's dog that lead to anyone calling for him to be hung in treason then you got me. Until then, these are not comparable at all.

Many hate Obama, but I'm not one of them. In fact, check out some of the birther threads and you'll find me SQUARELY in support of Obama and his privacy rights. If you scout around a little more, you'll find I voted for Obama in 2008 and will again this year.

I never said anything about how you felt about Obama either way. What are you defending? I did not think you were a right winger. What did you think I meant? I wrote what I meant. What did you add when you read it?

I hate it when people "come down on" new members, but you're practically asking for it here. Take a deep breath and stop attacking people you don't even know. Chill.
edit on 8/25/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

I attacked you?
You are coming down on me?
I never attacked you and you are defending yourself against something I never wrote.
But yeah...um I will chill.

ANYWAY.....
Do you think Obama and Romney have some awareness of their fanbase?
Do you think Romney has any idea that people want Obama dead for treason over the birth certificate issue?
Do you think Obama has found anyone that want the same for Romney over his dog?
So when Obama jokes about something he knows his base feels is jokeworthy, we have one thing.
When Romney jokes about something that many in his base want murder committed over, that is another thing.

None of this says anything about whether or not you hate Obama. That was just weird to go off on me about.
I stayed on topic and you got all emotional and reactionary.
Hopefully my restating of how I feel will help you understand where I am coming from.

If you want to come back and tell me I attacked you, include the attack.
If you want to defend yourself against something I never said, at least explain why you imagined I said it.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
McCain never released his birth certificate, it is just a birther lie they like to throw around.

Look Here

John McCain is a Natural Born Citizen - Senate Resolution 511 from 2008 - Obama signed it

Presidential Birth Certificate Discussion Timeline

Early in the 2008 election cycle, numerous sources claimed that Senator McCain was born in Panama and therefore not a natural born citizen and ineligible for the Presidency. A citizen filed a lawsuit to force Senator McCain to prove his citizenship status. After Senator McCain showed his certificate indicating his birth on the military base in Panama, a congressional resolution was passed to affirm his status.

The Washington Post Fact Checker - 2008

A review of the archival record shows that there was a small hospital at the Coco Solo submarine base in 1936 and also reveals the name of the U.S. Navy physician who signed McCain's birth certificate.

Left Wing 'Birthers' at the New York Times Question McCain's Citizenship
This link has links to McCains long form, his short form, and the senate declaration of citizenship and eligibilty for McCain that Obama signed.

Lawsuits by left wing 'birthers' saying McCain wasn't eligible to be POTUS.

edit on 8/26/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixing link

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

But he never released his BC and none of your links debunk that.
Were you hoping to dazzle someone with that mess?

The claim is that McCain never showed his BC. You rebut and never prove otherwise. Why would you do that?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Were you hoping to dazzle someone with that mess?

:shk: Troll alert.

ON TOPIC - As I said .... Romney joked about Obamas citizenship. Obama joked about Romneys dog on the roof of the car. It's FAKE OUTRAGE on the far left over this. No one cares. Obama released his BC. McCains BC is out in public and he has a senate document (signed by Obama) declaring him a real citizen. Move on people ... no one cares about a BC joke or a dog joke ... we care about real issues such as the economy.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

:shk: Troll alert.

I am a troll for pointing out your post never actually refutes the claim it pretends to be refuting? Show me McCains BC or obviously you are the troll trying to argue against someone stating he never showed it without realizing you never showed where he ever did show it.

I am not sure how pointing out facts is trolling.

ON TOPIC - As I said .... Romney joked about Obamas citizenship. Obama joked about Romneys dog on the roof of the car. It's FAKE OUTRAGE on the far left over this. No one cares. Obama released his BC. McCains BC is out in public and he has a senate document (signed by Obama) declaring him a real citizen. Move on people ... no one cares about a BC joke or a dog joke ... we care about real issues such as the economy.

On topic, I see plenty of people that want Obama dead over the BC issue. I am having a hard time finding anyone calling for Romney to be killed over that [snip] dog.
edit on 26/8/12 by masqua because: profanity

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join