It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's Ancient Fleet: Lost for Thousands of Years, Discovered in Cave

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Chronon

That's an awsome pic you posted,
But the triggered fish is more one of these guys

Rhinecanthus assasi or the Arabia Picasso trigger fish.
This guy get up to 30cm in length and is native to the waters of the red sea and Persian gulf.
It's more likely that the pictured fish is one of these guys, that can be readily caught in the waters that the ancient Egyptians plied than a species from thousands miles away.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Yes, I thought the same. Those are sea creatures. Is this the traditional egyptian art or a rendition by a modern artist?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Triggerfish are found through out the indo-pacific reigion. They feed almost exclusively on coral and are largely responsible for coral sand on reefs. They are aggressive and some species are sold in the aquarium trade. There are 40 species and there is some resemblence between them. The body shape is pretty much constant and without detailed representation of the markings, it would be difficult at best to identify the species.

triggerfish

Images of triggerfish

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
LOL.. seriously.. great thread.. isn't the official stance with the Egyptians that there was never any water there they could have used to help build the pyramids?

Actually, no.

They've found an artificial harbour at Giza that was fed by canals from the Nile, which at the time was only a few hundred feet away.

Originally posted by daaskapital
Personally, i feel that there is enough evidence here to warrant further investigation of the Gosford Hieroglyphs. I also feel that they are more likely to be authentic rather than modern forgeries.

Only the most ignorant of observers could possibly look at those childish glyphs and think they are legitimate.

The don't actually say anything and they aren't written in any Egyptian style.

Anubis looks like Wile E. Coyote for God's sake!

In addition to the glyphs in Australia, there has also been golden boomerangs recovered in the tomb of tutankhamun (when they were only used in Australia):

Throwing sticks similar to those found in Tut's tomb have been dated to before 15,000 BC, so the statement "they were only used in Australia" is simply a falsehood. Throwing sticks like these are well-known all over the world.
Australia is the only place the boomerang was used (IIRC.) Please note - a boomerang is a throwing stick that can return to the thrower.

Funny how you can make any claim work, if you don't mind lying about it.

Also, there was Eucalyptus oil found in the bodies of numerous Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs. Eucalyptus is only native to Australia...

Really?

There was a small block Chevy engine found in a pharoah's body cavity as well.

Making a claim is meaningless, IOW.

Harte
edit on 8/27/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I always had the theory that ancient Egyptians had traveled tot he Americas and possibly even as far as Edo back in that time..

The post about the Olmec relation to their works of art and statues is definitely a great possibility.

Thanks for sharing dude,
Mike

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Slayer, when you put up those pseudo hieroglyphs of Gosford, you should have given a little background.i formation.

For those who want to realize the truth you could read about it at

Website maintained by a gentleman who lives near the Gosford Glyphs

and

at this link the truth about the Pseudo Egyptologist Dr. Hans-deiter Von Senff whose doctorate is not in Egyptian studies but has in fact a doctorate in linguistics and certainly not in Egyptian hieroglyphics who translated the silly scratchings into a text which can be read about in the below links. (if you look at the left side bar of the All Things Woy Site, there are many links about the complete story of the Gosford Glyphs Hoax.

The Gosford Glyphs Hoax, Part 1

The Gosford Glyphs Hoax, Part 2

The Gosford Glyphs Hoax, Part 3

The Gosford Glyphs Hoax, Part 4

Deny Ignorance!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
Slayer,

Deny Ignorance!!!

Thanks for the links

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Personally, i feel that there is enough evidence here to warrant further investigation of the Gosford Hieroglyphs. I also feel that they are more likely to be authentic rather than modern forgeries.

Only the most ignorant of observers could possibly look at those childish glyphs and think they are legitimate.

If you bother to do any research, again, it is apparent that the average Egyptian could not write efficiently. Therefore, it becomes possible that these glyphs may be real. It doesn't rule out the glyphs of being fake.

In addition to the glyphs in Australia, there has also been golden boomerangs recovered in the tomb of tutankhamun (when they were only used in Australia):

Throwing sticks similar to those found in Tut's tomb have been dated to before 15,000 BC, so the statement "they were only used in Australia" is simply a falsehood. Throwing sticks like these are well-known all over the world.
Australia is the only place the boomerang was used (IIRC.) Please note - a boomerang is a throwing stick that can return to the thrower.

Please note that the Aboriginal boomerangs were unique in the fact that they were shaped flat (which was in contrast to many others which were not flat). They had a unique style which no other "boomerang" in the world shared. It just so happens however, that Tut's boomerangs are the exact same as those used by Ancient Egyptians.

Also, there was Eucalyptus oil found in the bodies of numerous Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs. Eucalyptus is only native to Australia...

Really?

Harte

Yes, really!

As corroborating evidence in the 1960's scientists from the British Museum discovered that eucalyptus resin was used in the embalming of Egyptian mummies and could only have been sourced from Australia.

qi.com...

I like how you go to this much effort to discredit the site and myself, but you ignore the shaft which no ordinary person would even consider constructing as a practical joke. If i wanted to play a joke and write some hieroglyphs on a wall (which actually tells a story), i don't think i would go to the effort of constructing a smooth shaft under a wall itself...it doesn't add up.

Further investigation of the site would not hurt.
edit on 27-8-2012 by daaskapital because: quoting problems

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I think Heyerdahl proved it was possible they ventured far beyond Egypt. Proof must be out there somewhere if they did.

The only thing Hayerdal managed to prove, is that they would never survive the trip.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

As corroborating evidence in the 1960's scientists from the British Museum discovered that eucalyptus resin was used in the embalming of Egyptian mummies and could only have been sourced from Australia.

qi.com...

Which, of course, is of very little value ... as proof.

Since we already know, that the earth has been a single continent, at least several times, according to public theories, and at least once, according to not so public theaories. That the fauna found on one continent, is shared on another is no longer a secret. That whatever fauna was used, is currently only available in Australia, does not mean it wasn't available in other areas, at the time of the Egyptians.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

If you bother to do any research, again, it is apparent that the average Egyptian could not write efficiently. Therefore, it becomes possible that these glyphs may be real. It doesn't rule out the glyphs of being fake.

Of course it does.
I'm not sure how long you've been at ATS, but if you've read my posts over the years, I think it would be ridiculously obvious to you that I have done research, and plenty of it, specifically on fringe claims.

The average Egyptian could not write at all. Drawing Wile E. Coyote as Anubis would invite a terrible curse from him on your party. That's how they would have thought concerning this.

Please note that the Aboriginal boomerangs were unique in the fact that they were shaped flat (which was in contrast to many others which were not flat). They had a unique style which no other "boomerang" in the world shared. It just so happens however, that Tut's boomerangs are the exact same as those used by Ancient Egyptians.

In fact, they are not.

Tut's throwing sticks do not return to the thrower.

Also, while it's true that throwing sticks started out as just sticks, the flattening of the sticks increases the aerodynamics, making it easier to hit your target and easier to get more distance.

Your suggestion that flat throwing sticks are unique to Australia is simply not the case. Here's an example for you. LINK

Really?

Harte

Yes, really!

qi.com...

Please note that your link directs me to an internet posting. From your link:

I'm interested in the Eucalyptus oil mentioned in some of the articles, does anyone have the date and name of the research that found Eucalyptus oil in mummies?

The above question remains ominously unanswered.

I don't know if you realize it, but your "evidence" here from that website is exactly the same as it would be if I were to link my previous post as "evidence" that Pharoahs had small block Chevies in their chests.

IOW, it's not legitimate to link a mere opinion or claim, and act as if it were factual.

I like how you go to this much effort to discredit the site and myself, but you ignore the shaft which no ordinary person would even consider constructing as a practical joke.

I don't mean to ignore the shaft. It's just that I've never seen that claim befiore, while, as I stated, I've done plenty of (online) investigating of the glyphs.

If I find the shaft to be really associated with the glyphs, and if the shaft has been dated to any time within the span of the Ancient Egyptian civilization, then you may have a point.

Until then, at least to me, it is merely a claim.

Harte

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heresy

which is modern day Ethiopia/Eritrea
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Slight issue with that as some Egyptian texts really specifically say a place known to be in Asia (Siniia) is in Punt, and another states a place in Asia is next to Punt.

Refer to this link - Baboo n Analysis Reveals Location of Punt

Even though it is not conclusive evidence, it is still a mighty good start.

Just curious, but could you point me towards these ancient Egyptian texts stating that Punt was located in Asia?
edit on 8/28/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have always gone down a shared lineage with the ancients, there knowledge was way above and beyond what we give them credit for. I think after some of the amazing things accomplished by "primitives" in terms of technology

top ten ancient technologies

I don't believe that a ship is at all far fetched for Egyptians and in all fairness would explain how the stones were moved during the building of the pyramids.
I believe in ancient wisdom above our own.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dondino
I believe in ancient wisdom above our own.

And pray tell me...what do you know about Ancient Wisdom?
Is it first hand wisdom?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

That is why I said "believe" in Ancient wisdom, not possess it, I am 25 years old my friend, hardly Methuselah. And surely searching for those ancient wisdoms has brought us here.

Pray do tell, why so confrontational?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Agarta

I know about that one but my Spidey senses are starting to tingle...

Many over the years have stated that the Ancient Olmec artwork show signs of an "African connection" I wonder....

edit on 25-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

The dress of the first statue reminds me of the breast plate of the Jews and the phylactery they were on their forehead. The image looks like it is on a flying carpet.
"He had a magic ring with God's name on it, which gave him unlimited powers_, and a magic carpet that took him "...
www.jewishpub.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
this is intense

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This thread seems to have covered many various thoughts and finds in History.

I thought we may as well define Time and place some background perspective on the Mariners of the distant past.

And remember, this dating PREDATES, Adam and Eve and the Second Chapter of Genesis.

Volcanic artifacts imply ice-age mariners in prehistoric Greece offers some timeline that suggests Mariners had been plying their trade some 10000 + Years ago in the Med.

Mariners may have been traveling the Aegean Sea even before the end of the last ice age, according to new evidence from researchers, in order to extract coveted volcanic rocks for pre-Bronze Age tools and weapons.

Pre-Bronze Age Navigation and trade routes!

A new technique which dates obsidian -- volcanic glass which can be fashioned into tools -- suggests that people were mining for obsidian in Mediterranean waters and shipping the once valuable rocks from the island of Melos in modern day Greece as far back as 15,000 years ago. "Obsidian was a precious natural rock-glass found only in Melos, some in [the modern-day Greek areas of] Antiparos and Yali," explained Nicolaos Laskaris of the University of the Aegean in Greece. "From there it was spread all over the Aegean and in the continent too through contacts of trade." If you wanted to have sharp tools and weapons in the days before bronze, you needed places like Melos. But you also needed a boat to get there. The evidence that people were crossing over to Melos even before the end of the last ice age comes from obsidian artifacts found in the Franchthi cave on the Peloponnese peninsula in southern mainland Greece -- far from the island of Melos. Previous geochemical work had already established the artifacts were from Melos, but figuring out when they were brought from the island is a trickier problem.

The balance seems to discuss this new dating method, which was interesting, but not as interesting as the premise itself.

Thought it deserved to be noted and placed here, so that the notion of Impossible Things for Someone to do, can be washed from the Mindset of reviewers and commentators here.

And some 6000 years later, some think it is difficult for Egypt to navigate to the Americas. Hahahahaha. That's funny.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Shane, i am just a layman, but i have a few questions to ask -

Milos is an island and is part of a group of islands close to the mainland. Any boat/ship/raft set sailing would island hop to the mainland or direct down to Crete.

For Egyptians boats to set sail and reach the Americas, they would have to set sail either

to the west thought the Mediterranean sea, through the straits of Gibraltar and further towards Americas or sail down the read sea and hug the coast of Africa around and sail towards the Americas.

Most of Ancient Egypt's sea trade was downwards along the red sea cost. Even the boats whose discovery is discussed here were found in a cave off the red sea coast.

Archaeological evidences limit the extent of Ancient Egypt's trade route to the Mediterranean sea and the whole of the middle eastern coasts and down the African coast.
There are no archaeological evidences found in areas beyond this limit.
It doesn't mean that evidences exist in areas beyond this limits but maybe they might not have been found.
Unless such evidences for contact of Ancient Egyptians beyond such a limit are not present, it is safe to guess that they didn't move beyond such a limit.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
There loads of sites over Egypt that are accessible to dig but no ones allowed which to me means there's thing in Egypt they don't want found.Im still not a100% beleiver in the ancient alien theory but while looking on google earth last night stoned I found a alien grey face in the mountain right next to the valley of the kings.I can't find it anywhere else online I'll post a thread when I'm able to please look out for it as I want opinions

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join