It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's Ancient Fleet: Lost for Thousands of Years, Discovered in Cave

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Thats a fleet? Wow.. those Egyptians must have been really small.

LOL.. seriously.. great thread.. isn't the official stance with the Egyptians that there was never any water there they could have used to help build the pyramids?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
So in a way it could well be that native Americans are the offspring of ancient Egyptians?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The article guys read like Punt's a mystery and we never knew about Egyptian boat-building.

I enjoyed seeing the image in your OP - that's a new one to me.

Here is a representation of what the ship looks like in more detail

I love how the fish, squid and lobster are depicted in that!

Is that a sale those guys are sitting on? Looks a bit dangerous.
edit on 26-8-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

There is a Grouper and a Tang in the depiction of those fish. Connect the dots.....All deep-sea species, all salt-water. They wouldn't be found in a freshwater river.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well this is defintly an interesting find. It could help reinforce that the finding of coc aine and tabaco in mummies.

The current newsletter of the New England Antiquities Research Association has flagged an important anomaly that appeared on a 1997 TV program. "In January [1997] the Discovery Channel broadcast a program stating that coc aine and tobacco had been found in Egyptian mummies known to be at least 3,000 years old. Tests used modern forensic methods and were repeated many times under carefully controlled conditions. Since coca and tobacco are not known to have grown anywhere other than the Americas, the evidence points to trade routes across the Pacific or Atlantic in those remote times. The program seemed to favor a Pacific crossing and then delivery via the Silk Route. Watch for a rebroadcast." This news item continued with a reference to Dr. Balabanov's supporting tests on bodies from China, Germany and Austria, spanning the years 3,700 BC to 1100 AD. These bodies contained incredibly high percentages of nicotine. (Ross, Priscilla; NEARA Transit, 9:5, Spring 1997.)

www.science-frontiers.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
The discovery of an Egyptian Artifact filled cave below the rim of the Grand Canyon is beginning to make a little more sense with this discovery. Great find thanks for posting.

Indeed...

The discovery of Egyptian Hieroglyphs and a potential burial spot in Australia is also starting to make a little more sense.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I'd think those in New South Wales have been debunked and accepted as being very recent.

Link to copy of article on this.

Mr David Lambert is an expert in rock art and in 2001 was the Rock Art Conservator of the Cultural Heritage Division of the NPWS. In 1983 he visited the site and saw the engravings freshly cut into the rock. The inside of each carving consisted of clean white sandstone with no evidence of organic or surface lichen growth, indicating the carvings were less than 12 months old. Pictures taken in 1983/1984 by the NPWS show the fresh cut rock and the spalling around the edges of the engravings indicating very recent carving. By contrast, the many genuine Aboriginal carvings in the area are much more rounded and smooth. Most of the Aboriginal carvings in this area have been dated to between 200 and 250 years old.

Photographs of the hieroglyphs taken in 1983 were sent to Prof. Nageeb Kanawati, head of the Department of Egyptology at Macquarie University, Sydney. Part of his reply to the NPWS reads: "I examined [the photographs] and think that the engravings are the work of someone who perhaps visited Egypt or saw some postcards of Egyptian monuments and wished to have some graffiti of what he saw. It is true that most of the signs are Egyptian, and two names of kings may be recognized, but the whole thing does not make sense at all. Simply a decorative graffiti using Egyptian signs."

I've seen other posts on it in the past where it was called a hoax or just decorations made recently (1980's).

Just because someone states that it is a hoax does not make it so.

It makes sense that random people would desecrate such a site once it became widely known (especially being in Australia) would it not?

I have no doubt that some of the glyphs are false (for example, the stick figure), but it does not rule out the other glyphs...

The glyphs (when read together) create a viable and well told story:

The hieroglyphic text was apparently written under the instruction of a ship's captain or similar, with the corner glyph on the wall displaying the title of a high official or chief priest. The scribe is speaking for his Highness, the Prince, from this wretched place where we were carried by ship. The expedition's leader, is described in the inscriptions as the King's son, 'Lord Djes-eb', who came to grief a long way from home. The hieroglyphics sketch his journey and his tragic demise. Burial rituals, prayers and preparations are described.

For two seasons he made my way westward, weary, but strong to the end.

Always praying, joyful, and smiting insects.

He, the servant of God, said God brought the insects.

Have gone around hills and deserts, in wind and rain, with no lakes at hand.

He was killed while carrying the Golden Falcon Standard up front in a foreign land, crossing mountains, desert and water along the way.

He, who died before, is here laid to rest.

May he have life everlasting. He is never again to stand beside the waters of the Sacred Mer. (Mer meaning 'love').

There was a moat around the pyramid called the "waters of Mer".

(Second wall)

(This wall begins with the badly eroded glyph of a snake (Heft), with a glyph of jaws (to bite) and the symbol for 'twice'.)

The snake bit twice.

Those followers of the diving Lord 'Khufu', mighty one of Lower Egypt, Lord of the Two Adzes, not all shall return.

We must go forward and not look back.

All the creek and river beds are dry. Our boat is damaged and tied up with rope.

Death was caused by snake.

We gave egg-yolk from the medicine-chest and prayed to Amen, the Hidden One, for he was struck twice.

We walled in the side entrance to the chamber with stones from all around.

We aligned the chamber with the Western Heavens.

The three doors of eternity were connected to the rear end of the royal tomb and sealed in.

We placed beside it a vessel, the holy offering, should he awaken from the tomb.

Separated from home is the Royal body and all others.

Here is inscribed the extraordinary story of the death and burial of 'Lord Djes-eb' one of the sons of the Pharaoh Ra Djedef.

As the story suggests, the Egyptians who wrote the glyphs were mere workers, writing about the death of their prince. If one knew anything about the normal Egyptian, it becomes apparent that they were not adapt enough at writing. This supports the fact that some of the glyphs are written incorrectly, as the workers would have been writing without the direct support of those who could write (upper class scribesmen or politicians).

I will continue this post, so please bear with me.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha

Ancient man was far more capable than he is given credit for. Often we hear supposed scientists say that such primitive civililizations could not possibly have acheived the feats that there seems to be evidence for. This is a product of closed minded thinking. I believe that scientists can not always be taken at face value. They have the arrogent views of modern man.

In fairness, real scientists say repeatedly that ancient civilisations were capable of the feats for which there is evidence, it's more people on ATS saying they were not capable and needed extra-terrestrial assistance.
edit on 26-8-2012 by something wicked because: weird thing with font

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The previous information is evidence that some of the glyphs may be real...

Moving on to the 'tomb shaft'.

In addition to the glyphs, there is also the tomb which was respectively described in the story itself. When the tomb was found, it was indeed covered with stones and other items (again, as suggested in the story).

There used to be a video showing people crawling into the tomb shaft while carrying a camcorder. The recording was amazing, as the tomb itself is under the boulder, yet the video shows the shaft walls to be pretty smooth.

i would post the video if it were still available, but there is only one picture remaining. Notice how the walls and roof are pretty smooth for a 'rock formation':

I don't think that random people would put a lot of effort into constructing a feasible story in addition to building a well constructed and smooth shaft under a boulder.

Furthermore, the shaft has now been fully covered and filled with sand, while the whole area is cleared for deforestation. The council wants it turned into a residential area...

Personally, i feel that there is enough evidence here to warrant further investigation of the Gosford Hieroglyphs. I also feel that they are more likely to be authentic rather than modern forgeries.

______________________________________________________________________________________

In addition to the glyphs in Australia, there has also been golden boomerangs recovered in the tomb of tutankhamun (when they were only used in Australia):

tutankhamun's boomerangs:

Australian Aboriginal boomerangs:

Also, there was Eucalyptus oil found in the bodies of numerous Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs. Eucalyptus is only native to Australia...

There is more then enough evidence to suggest that Ancient Egyptians had contact with Ancient Australia.

edit on 26-8-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
Hey slayer. I was just thinking to add this.

They say pyramids in they mayan culture arises at around the same time as egyptians. Couldn't there have been trade routes long ago between these two great civilizations?

But im not entirely sure on that one. At least one boat could have found them IMO and through that one boat endless possibilities.

Certainly why not, and Atlantis I mean the Mayan civilization was wiped out by tsunami!

P.S.
An Atlantic crossing aint got nothing on a pyramid! It is insane to think that they could not have made the trip!

edit on 26-8-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
Hey slayer. I was just thinking to add this.

They say pyramids in they mayan culture arises at around the same time as egyptians. Couldn't there have been trade routes long ago between these two great civilizations?

But im not entirely sure on that one. At least one boat could have found them IMO and through that one boat endless possibilities.

Certainly why not, and Atlantis I mean the Mayan civilization was wiped out by tsunami!

P.S.
An Atlantic crossing aint got nothing on a pyramid! It is insane to think that they could not have made the trip!

edit on 26-8-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

Yes much more plausible, at least another view compare to the "aliens came down and took em, 'onest guv" view held by many others.

There is a lot of historical evidence that points to trade routes and explains how many cultural items ended up in different places indicating that the previous generations were very much sociable in their interactions with other races.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Agarta

edit on 25-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

You know, I really do think those olmec carvings depict an Egyptian pharaoh, the stone one looks exactly how you would think a pharaoh would be dressed, and the drawings seem to be the same but they have that added personality the olmces and mayans would add to people, you know to kind of tell how they acted. And it doesn't look like the Egyptians were really helpful.

Although I could have guessed that, they weren't very peaceful with each other in Egypt. The Pharaohs reverend themselves as gods, and the olmecs being less advanced would have most likely taken them as such.

But this asks, just how advanced was this connection between them? Was it only a couple Pharaohs and boats that visited. Or could it actually have been called a 'trade route'? There was a discovery of coc aine on a mummy, this seemingly answers that.

My real question though, Was Native American culture around the same time as Olmecs? Could it be a possibility that when Egyptians came to south america they stayed and mixed with the tribes there, and actually started the native americans??

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Here is another whole twist to the threme here. Some of the boats that have been found, are supposed vessels for the deceased to the underworld:

Supposedly used to carry the king to his resting place, and they were used different directions facing east and west?

news.discovery.com...

Ok, I know this comes from Hawass but:

According to Hawass, the boats were not used in the funerary procession to carry Khufu's body from his palace at Memphis to his tomb at Giza.

Other comments:

The ancient Egyptians believed that the sun traveled from east to west in a "day boat," called Mandjet, moving to a "night boat," called Mesektet, for the return trip to the underworld.

Restorers might have much harder time in reconstructing the boat. Although the wood was stacked ready for assembly, it took the late master Ahmad Youssef, chief restorer of Antiquities Department of Egypt, 13 years and five attempts to reassemble the first boat.

There was a facsination with boats traveling, even if Khufu's time. What does that tell us?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by P-M-H

The Olmec are believed to be the oldest culture/civilization in the region. The Mayan and Aztec respectfully, came later and to a greater or lesser extent based their cultures and civilization on them. There seems to be evidence that there was some sort of ancient connection/contact with other parts of the world.

Many Olmec figures and carvings show what appear to be Africans, Bearded Caucasians and Asians. Many being represented with very distinctive facial features. [Side note: We also seem to see many of the same representations of racial distinction in Peru at Puma Punku] Now I'm not saying the Olmec were their descendants or a colony but rather that they may have had brief intermittent periods of contact with possibly a few scattered Ancient peoples/cultures and or early civilizations which traversed the globe in antiquity.

Which they may have made statues, figurines and paintings to document such events and leave us in the modern world with an enigma of sorts

edit on 26-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

which is modern day Ethiopia/Eritrea
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Slight issue with that as some Egyptian texts really specifically say a place known to be in Asia (Siniia) is in Punt, and another states a place in Asia is next to Punt.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Yes ancient Egyptians were sea farers. There's been a few other artifacts proving they had sea faring capabilities and they traveled far because ancient egyptian artifacts have been found in the southwestern states of the U.S.. Their knowledge of the stars constellations would have aided in their travels as it did all ancient sea faring nations. It's still an interesting find. There are evidences of ancient egyptian harbors on the bottom of the mediteranean ocean, sunk after earthquakes and tsunami's, probably from the Santorini volcano that exploded right around that time (15th century B.C.) that dislodged the ancient Minoans (Crete) who later became the Sea Peoples and Philistines.
edit on 26-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Freaking awesome thread slayer. Im amazed at some of the things you bring to the table here at ATS . Thank you again Sir and S&F . I'm about to spend a few hours looking through every "ancient: thread you have ever posted lol.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtumRa27
So in a way it could well be that native Americans are the offspring of ancient Egyptians?

It could be????? I am not certain, but there is one curious thing.

Here is an Egyptian Timeline of Dynasties and Pharaohs. You can scroll down to the area around 1000 BC - 800 BC.

This coincides with the King David and King Solomon era. Notice a Pharaoh, named Shoshenq?

In another site in a section noted as EGYPTIAN INSCRIPTIONS IN AMERICA, there is a curious translation offered on Inscriptions found in Texas, that notes the following.

an inscription found in Texas, etched in the Libyan language using the Ogam alphabet, which tells of the arrival of the crew of a ship belonging to king Shishong, the name of several kings of Egypt reigning between 1000 and 800 BC

Now to be clear, this translation was done by Barry Fell. The good news about this, is academia is starting to realize Barry may have been right, in the presumption Ancient Cultures arrived here LONG AGO. Some dismiss his efforts as crazy, and ravings, but there is some level inwhich the evidence he has brought forth is now being considered as valid. I just wished to make sure you where aware of the source of the Translation.

And we have this, which seems to be the curious part

Here are a few examples of Amerindians; Shoshone, Mohave, Crow, Crow and Zuni, showing that the Boundaries between people on the either side of the Atlantic is not as great as some would like to make out. (Interestingly the ancestry of the Shoshone becomes a little clearer when we see that a 22nd dynasty Egyptian king from ~1,000BC was King Shishong/Shosheng. This is not a coincidence - see Egyptian inscriptions in America . Barry Fell shows an inscription found in Texas, etched in the Libyan language using the Ogam alphabet, which tells of the arrival of the crew of a ship belonging to king Shishong). For a tribe to take on the name of a Pharaoh suggests to me that some sort of influence/inspiration has taken place between these two groups of people. The other possibility is that; when the Bronze Age catastrophically collapsed, America entered a long period of isolation from the old world, survivors of outlying Egyptian colonies then assimilated with Native American tribes - reinventing themselves with only fragments of their past intact.

Then consider this. Today, in our Timeline, This Native Peoples known as the Shoshone are currently seeking an injunction to stop Gold Mining Activities in Nevada.

Native Americans
The Timbisha Shoshone Tribe are calling for a stop to the Cortez Hills expansion, saying it the damage that will be done to the land is irreversible and prevent the use of the lands for religious purposes. Barrick had taken part in a collaborative agreement with leaders of the four remaining Shoshone Tribes.[1]
A preliminary injunction requested by Western Shoshone activists was placed on Barrick to prevent the company from developing the Cortez Hills Mine expansion. Although the request was denied at the district level, a preliminary injunction was issued by the 9th Circuit, which could stop the project completely if the judge determines the project would cause the environment irreversible damage and restrict the religious freedom of the Western Shoshone. The focal point is Mount Tenabo (of which Barrick would be mining the flank of, should the Cortez Hills Mine proceed as planned) and whether it is significant to the Western Shoshone culture as claimed. Barrick lawyers maintain that Mount Tenabo has been mined since 1862.[6]

The Cortez Mine is located in the Crescent Valley which is between the Shoshone and Cortez Mountains.

Now let me, if you will.

We find in Texas, Inscriptions telling of Shoshenq arriving in the U.S. Mainland. We have the Shoshone Native Peoples, smack dab in the middle of the Largest Source of Gold in the U.S., The Second Largest Source of Silver, and Abundant supplies of Copper Claiming against the Cortez Gold Mine over Sacred Lands.

That is a Rich Scenario to consider.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

The relief is much larger than the photo would indicate, showing other views of the vessel including loading and unloading. Beneath each carving is a depiction of fish. Perhaps these were the fish the expedition encountered on their journey to or from Punt?

The Fish

A larger view shown in this Line Drawing shows this curious fish which looks remarkably like a Lagoon Triggerfish, a type most commonly found in the tropical Pacific.

Hawaiian Triggerfish: Humuhumunukunukuāpuaʻa

I'm not an expert on fish, but perhaps if there is anyone here that is, the marine species depicted in the relief might provide some clue as to how far the expedition traveled.

The Trees

Another thing to consider is that the relief depicts the loading and unloading of the ship. I don't know if the small trees shown in the loading of the supplies on deck are the same trees as the large trees shown when the ship is being unloaded. But if they are, then it would indicate the voyage took a long time and possibly went very far.

edit on 26-8-2012 by Chronon because: .

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronon

That's great!

Wow

Good detective work.
This is the kind of reply that attracted me to ATS.
Great outside the box approach

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Yes ancient Egyptians were sea farers. ......................., probably from the Santorini volcano that exploded right around that time (15th century B.C.) that dislodged the ancient Minoans (Crete) who later became the Sea Peoples and Philistines

Hey my Friend

I just wished to suggest the indication presented isn't properly addressed. The Premise is Sound, but the Names are out of line.

Origins of the Phoenicians, is an interesting read, on this subject.

The gist of the material suggest one thing. The Phoenicians where around in 3000 BC. They where there in 2000 BC. They where there in 1200 BC.

This also suggests, the Phoenicians are: The Sea Peoples and The Minoans.

There is never any indication the Ancient City of Byblos was ever invaded by the "Sea Peoples"., although the neighbouring areas where "Governed" to offer a word, by the Sea Peoples.

This is furthered in Sea Peoples and the Phoenicians and the premise is furthered, aligning "Knowns" and presenting the premise.

Relentless attacks by groups known as the Sea Peoples around 1200 BC virtually destroyed all the major powers of the Mediterranean, and cleared the way for the rise of the Greeks, Romans and Western civilization. Surprisingly for such a pivotal moment in world history, the events which took place at that time are not well understood and are widely debated. Many theories have been advanced to explain these times, and their participants have been declared to come from Anatolia, or the Aegean, or even Atlantis. We will consider the various theories, as well as a new composite view which does not appear to have been considered previously.

An important element mentioned by many sources, and yet given consideration by virtually none, is the simple fact that—in the midst of a cataclysm which destroyed almost every city in the eastern Mediterranean area—the Phoenician cities remained untouched. This turns out to be one of the keys which help to unlock the mystery of the Sea Peoples—an event which changed the course of history.

The opening of this link, seems to express the intent clearly.

And finally this is taken from a conclusion presented in Minoans and Phoenicians Paper.

Further, we clearly saw Tyre and Sidon were essentially abandoned at the same time Minoan palace society came to life. Both the Minoans and the Phoenicians were renowned sea traders, and dominated the seas at the same time without any sign of fighting between them. Both societies mixed the roles of their trading house, king’s residence, and administrative center. Both societies were peaceful by nature, a highly unusual trait in those times of widespread armies and warfare. And when Minoan society finally fell, the Phoenician cities of Tyre and Sidon came to life again. There was no other people or society in the Mediterranean during those centuries which shared all these remarkable occurrences.

So, inlight of what you had indicated, I think there is ample evidence to suggest, the Phoenicians have, for thousands of years, serviced clientele throughout the Med Region in their Shipping Needs.

With that said, we still have something wrong, if we take the translation offered of the Egyptian Relief depicting a relatively non intrusive peoples who showed no overt history of conquest, being "fought off" by a Pharaoh and his Army.

Maybe this is not that actual depiction's interpetation, and it ws meant to depict the Trade occurring between Egypt and the Phoenicians.

or

It was "created" to show the Pharaoh in a better light to his people, since it seems they didn't have very good people skills.

Anyways, I trust the material offered for review is of interest and explains this better than I ever can.

Have a Good Night

Ciao

Shane

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join