It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEXAS Billboard: 'SEALs Removed One Threat To America, Remove The Other In November'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Texas is full of drama queen hypocrites. They claim to be oh so patriotic yet they threaten to succeed everytime something happens they dont agree with. Let Mexico have them!

They are the states version of "Take my ball and go home" and you people are proud of that?
edit on 25-8-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Here comes the right wing cheerleaders who are going to try and convince everyone it doesn't mean to kill...just you know, remove from office.

Here comes the left wing cheerleader RealSpoke, who is going to try to convince everyone it means to kill his guy Obama ... when it clearly says no such thing. Predictable.
I couldn't have said it any better.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Remove Osama = Killed

Remove he other in November = Kill

To pretend that you didn't get that, just not buying it. It's literally more than obvious.

I think they are implying that Obama is a true Muslim of the Islamic faith and so was Osama. They already got one out of the picture, I think they are suggesting symbolically they will remove another via the vote. Although, it doesn't matter as we knoew the Presidents are all "placed" into their positions.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Passive racism? I didn't say anything about RACE. Stop projecting your mentality in my posts. Right wing extremists hate what they call "commies", regardless of their race.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
I think they are implying that Obama is a true Muslim of the Islamic faith and so was Osama.

Where do you get that from the billboard?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
No one is over analyzing this. It is an opportunity for some to feign outrage. It's the new sport for our election season. Distract whenever possible, especially if you can be outraged in the process.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Yeah lets remove one threat and replace him with an equally dangerous one. Derp...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Obama is "Osama Bin Laden" anyway , who ever says he is not is clearly retarded ........or blind.
2nd

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

"Texas is the reason that the president's dead! "

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected
Texas is full of drama queen hypocrites. They claim to be oh so patriotic yet they threaten to succeed everytime something happens they dont agree with. Let Mexico have them!

They are the states version of "Take my ball and go home" and you people are proud of that?
edit on 25-8-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

as of 2008

55.48% 4,467,748 republicans 43.72% 3,521,164 democrats

please don't lump everyone in Texas with your comment. You are just getting the mediated stereotyped version.

TEXANS AGAINST RICK PERRY
edit on 25-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Obviously you haven't been to Austin Mr. funny man. Austin is probably the ONLY left leaning city in the whole state.
Austin would be the last place you would see that kind of propaganda in.(as far as Texas goes).
Not to worry though, I'm looking forward to when Romney steps into office and Americans soon realize they're still in the same place economically except the rich will be richer and the middle class will be extinct. America will be in another war with Iran(he has to keep those promises he made to his donors; ) and our environment will be that much worse off because Romney fails to accept that climate change is even real(even though thousands of scientists from around the world have done massive research on the subject for decades and has documented evidence that suggests otherwise). Him and Ryan have voted against renewable energy which makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.(unless Oil companies have given you massive amounts of cash to get your ass into office. You have to pay em back somehow right??)

Republicans tend to have a short attention span and seems to have no recollection past four years ago.
They like to think America had no problems before "that muslim Obama" came into office. That the prior president put America through MASSIVE hell. They don't seem to remember that guy. Obama was a great distraction, I'll give ya that.

Yet again, another con artist will step into office and do not a ONE thing for the American people except give the rich tax cuts. Good news is we can stop talking about Obama and the world will have a new guy to hate.
It will be so great when America as a whole stops putting any kind of faith into politicians and their government.
Hopefully one day they will realize that politicians stopped caring about we the people decades ago. They're about oil,money,greed and control. It's that simple yet that hard to comprehend for some. Wake up people

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Passive racism? I didn't say anything about RACE. Stop projecting your mentality in my posts. Right wing extremists hate what they call "commies", regardless of their race.

But didn't you project? Just wondering.

You think that the term, "Remove" means to kill the POTUS.

I think that the term means to remove him from office, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't object to the man, but I do object to his policies.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Nobody would interpret this message as anything other than"voting" Obama out of office, right?
Just like nobody interpreted the "bulls eye poster" as inciting anyone to go shoot a politician in the head.

Naturally all American's are mentally stable, peace loving, law abiding citizens who would never resort to using guns to kill innocent people, nor would they misinterpret a reference to Navy SEAL's killing Osama with "removing" Obama from the presidency.

Of course not America, you have history on your side as witness!

Talk to a people of other nations about their opinion of America and it's gun crazy citizens.
You'd almost have a monopoly on political assassinations, if not then you'd be pretty high up on the list.
Where do you think the phrase, "Only in America" gets its roots?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
Wasn't Obama the guy who removed the "threat" in the first place?

This billboard infers seal team 6 took it upon themselves to waltz into Pakistan and kill Osama of their own accord. Everyone celebrates them for what they did, but they could have not have done anything without obamas approval.....

This billboard is so irrational, it says" let's remove the one guy from office who was responsible for taking out our nations biggest enemy" Last time I checked bush had 7 years and couldn't do it.....

You'd think all those who screamed for osamas blood, would be doing the happy dance that Obama took him out. That should be the one thing republicans respect him for, instead they give all the credit to the seals, who serve under obama. He is their commander in chief, and even if you can't stand any other thing about obama at least give him credit for getting that one thing right, republicans.

I think Obama is weak in many areas, but you cannot say this guy is weak on national security or defense. So, throw him a friggin bone republicans.......bash him on healthcare, govt spending, the weak economy, but this billboard is beyond stupid.

Dang that was well said! One voice of intelligence here, at least....

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Did you not read the first part of the sign? It was about "removing" = killing Osama, then do the same to the president.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I read a book by Richard Marchinco. Ex navy seal commander. He said in the book that basically the seals of today are not the same as the ones of even 30 yrs ago. He said that back then the seal was basically someone who "thought for themselves". They analyzed situations and taught themselves how to adapt and overcome to survive.

So they sent them on missions to test vulnerabilities. They were able to hijack entire subs. The brass didn't like that at all!

So they changed the program. Now you're not taught as much to think outside the box. To think for yourself. To anticipate the enemies move and prepare for it.

If they did most seals migh likely figure out that there bosses were corrupt. They'd realize the whole system is a big hoax. And start going rogue. So they totally are training the new seals to just follow orders and not think for themselves.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This is disgusting ! ! !

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I don't think anyone in power represents me. Our system isn't set up to represent my preferences. I also think that people in power are only concerned about power. I don't trust Obama or Romney. However, I immediately got the inference from the 1st billboard that violence should be used to remove the regime. I understand that if I make that connection, I'm considered an idiot.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by David134
Ahhhhhh really. I hope most of the comments about this sign are fueled by partasisim and not that you are not smart enough to see the infered meaning of voting in November. Really has the left gone that dumb? It amazes me how every time the worst is infered.

yup read it that way myself remove by voting.

that said doesn't mean some wont read it as a call to violence
bin laden [so we're told
] got double tapped
assosiation with the presidency....

see the thing about these things is that they are like weaponized litmus tests

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Wow........let's imply to kill the president and people actually support it. Anyone that likes the sign is a terrorist. I hate Romney, and if this sign was towards him it would still be disgusting.

Did I miss something here? Where exactly does it imply killing the President?

Didn't even come across my mind when I first saw it and still doesn't. It is saying to make sure Obama doesn't get into office again with the ability to continue terrorizing Nations and Killing people at will. "Remove the other in November" covers that.

Funny how some here are upset because they believe it's about killing a Prez but no one has even argued the reference to him being a terrorist.

Peace

edit on 24-8-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Actually you can interpret it either way if you think about it. it doesn't take much these days for people to get the wrong idea and unload on a room full of people.(and if you haven't learned from the past, presidents have been taken down many times throughout America's history so it's not like it hasn't happened)
You have to be responsible and careful for what you say these days,especially when you're talking about the president ,(I don't care what side you're on).
Due to our economy and everything else that is going on these days, people are not in their right mind and many are on edge.
I can see either interpretation. I didn't necessarily see it until jude11 pointed it out but nevertheless we have to be careful on what kind of messages we put out there. Especially in Texas!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join